PDA

View Full Version : caption this

Railbird
12-02-03, 08:38 PM
http://www.pyke-eye.com/a/icrts/wall-of-death.jpg

Ziggy
12-02-03, 08:56 PM
and in the IRL training series, Spuds Borgward laps the HippoDrome Speedway at a dizzying pace. Spuds, Topeka Kansas Hot Wheels Champion, has hopes of running in the Indianapolis 500 this coming May...

Ziggy

TippyGomez
12-02-03, 09:07 PM
Tony George and International Speedway Corperation show off their latest venue. The 1/128th mile Shelbyville Speedway. Perinial series champion Sam Hornish Jr, of Difiance Ohio, is shown here lapping the new circut at breakneck pace.

Says Tony George of his new brain child, "We where having trouble selling out those larger venues, so the brain trust figured we could sell out something the size of a broom closet" Sam Hornish was quoted "These cars are world class, and I think the worlds best drivers will seek our series out"

Brains Barnhardt, IRL technical director, says the fear of flying racecars has been put to rest once and for all. "It's impossible for these cars to leave the track, it just cant happen.... if they do, they will spin all the way to Chiner!

tg

cart7
12-02-03, 09:45 PM
She's a chip off the old block.

Like father like daughter, IRL phenom and curiousity Sarah Fisher's father is seen here in his early years as a Carny racer. Wildman Fisher, as he was fondly called, thrilled fair goers along with the likes of the bearded lady, goatboy and suckulator the sword swallower.

Railbird
12-02-03, 09:48 PM
"well hell, any damn fool could see it was pushin' like a tub of sheeet"

lone_groover
12-02-03, 10:25 PM
Oh dear, how tacky! That WallOfDeath is SOOOOO "CHITWOOD".

:thumdown:

pchall
12-02-03, 11:08 PM
Eddie Cheever says: "It's like gnats in a jar!"

Lizzerd
12-02-03, 11:29 PM
This is more fun than a barrel of monkeys.

pchall
12-03-03, 09:50 PM
Okay, 'bird -- time to tell us the truth about that apparent bit of insanity...

Railbird
12-03-03, 10:05 PM
well pchall, it's just something that fell out of the family album over the Thanksgiving weekend.

That's uncle Earl behind the wheel running the high groove during another thrilling event at the "Wall of Death".

He was a hero of mine, always with a pack of luckies rolled up in one sleeve and a scantily clad lass hanging on the other.

of course my father always dismissed him as an expert at nothing more than centrifugal force and bad career choices.

Great crowd though

racer2c
12-03-03, 10:22 PM
Hmm, so l_g got the 'wall' right. I was beginning to think he had watched to many Happy Days reruns. :cool:

IlliniRacer
12-03-03, 11:00 PM
The "Formula Franklin" makes its first test run

Ankf00
12-04-03, 01:28 AM
good god.

Kahauna Dreamer
12-05-03, 01:20 PM
...going "counter-clockwise"...