PDA

View Full Version : RoTK

WickerBill
12-02-03, 07:27 AM
14 days, 20 hours, 51 minutes, 41 seconds.

14 days, 20 hours, 50 minutes, 12 seconds.

chop456
12-02-03, 07:43 AM
I'm psyched. I haven't looked forward to a movie this much since Pulp Fiction. This will be my one visit to the theater this year.

Yours truly,

Big :gomer:

P.S. - Truebrit - you can buy advance tickets online for Seven Bridges.

Warlock!
12-02-03, 08:21 AM
Return of the Klan?

Rectum of the Klepto?

Rise of the Kringles?

WTF? (mate)

W!

mapguy
12-02-03, 08:29 AM
:confused: :saywhat:

chop456
12-02-03, 08:34 AM
Lord of the Rings - Return of the King.

Get with it, non-dorks. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

;)

Warlock!
12-02-03, 09:19 AM
Hopefully they'll have some more of those walkin', talkin' trees. I can see why you'd be so excited...

:D

Warlock!

WickerBill
12-02-03, 10:35 AM
"Tree? I am no tree! I am an Ent."

You undorkified loser.

anait
12-02-03, 11:15 AM
How to get Thrown Out of Return of the King, or, What Not To Do at a LotR Movie

1. Stand up halfway through the movie and yell loudly, "Wait... where the hell is Harry Potter?"

2. Block the entrance to the theater while screaming: "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" After the movie, say "Lucas could have done it better."

3. Play a drinking game where you have to take a sip every time someone says: "The Ring."

4. Point and laugh whenever someone dies.

5. Ask everyone around you if they think Gandalf went to Hogwarts.

6. Finish off every one of Elrond's lines with "Mr. Anderson."

7. When Aragorn is crowned king, stand up and at the top of your lungs sing, "And I did it.... MY way...!"

8. Talk like Gollum all through the movie. At the end, bite off someone's finger and fall down the stairs.

9. Dress up as old ladies and reenact "The Battle of Helms Deep" Monty Python style.

10. When Denethor lights the fire, shout "Barbecue!"

11. In TTT when the Ents decide to march to war, stand up and shout "RUN FOREST, RUN!"

12. Every time someone kills an Orc, yell: "That's what I'm Tolkien about!" See how long it takes before you get kicked out of the theatre.

13. During a wide shot of a battle, inquire, "Where's Waldo?"

14. Talk loudly about how you heard that there is a single frame of a nude Elf hidden somewhere in the movie.

15. Start an Orc sing-a-long.

16. Come to the premiere dressed as Frankenfurter and wander around looking terribly confused.

17. When they go in the paths of the dead, wait for tense moment and shout, "I see dead people!"

18. Imitate what you think a conversation between Gollum, Dobby and Yoda would be like.

19. Release a jar of daddy-long-legs into the theater during the Shelob scene.

20. Wonder out loud if Aragorn is going to run for governor of California.

21. When Shelob comes on, exclaim, "Man! Charlotte's really let herself go!"

racer2c
12-02-03, 11:41 AM
I grew up reading 'the' trilogy. Once a year I'd give them spin. That lead me to the playing of D&D. I was about 13 when D&D hit big. Still have my dice ("check out my new 20 sided guys!") and my little lead figures I'd spend hours meticulously painting.

My wife and daughter have a new found love of all things LotR. The anticipation for the final installment is agonizing for us all.

I AM A DORK, YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!!!!!!!!

RaceGrrl
12-02-03, 11:53 AM
<-------DorkGrrl

I can't wait.

WickerBill
12-02-03, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by anait

11. In TTT when the Ents decide to march to war, stand up and shout "RUN FOREST, RUN!"

hahaha

Ankf00
12-02-03, 12:19 PM
Aragorn for governer!

cart7
12-02-03, 12:48 PM
I sat through the original with my then 13 year old. The movie seemed to drag on and on and on and z - z - z - z

huh, then I woke up and the pain.. er I mean movie was over.

Count me in as a non-dork.

Racewriter
12-02-03, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by cart7
I sat through the original with my then 13 year old. The movie seemed to drag on and on and on and z - z - z - z

:D:D:D

Me too...

Tim
12-02-03, 01:39 PM
Losers

DjDrOmusic
12-02-03, 02:10 PM
I've never been a big LOTR fan, but my 11 year old is really into this. For Christmas I got him a replica of the ring, complete with maps.

rabbit
12-02-03, 02:31 PM
My sister just got me the Twin Towers deluxe DVD set for my 30th birthday. I've never seen any of them, but I did read The Hobbit when I was a kid. After I get enough free time to watch it, I'll let you know if I'm a dork or not. :)

Ankf00
12-02-03, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Rahalnut
Losers

pissy b/c you never knew there were actual creations called books before this movie? ;)

then again, if I had to listen to my sister play that soundtrack over and over and over, I'd be pissy too...

nz_climber
12-02-03, 03:04 PM
Yay its not long now, all this excitment and it was filmed entirely down under :)

Tim
12-02-03, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Ankf00
pissy b/c you never knew there were actual creations called books before this movie? ;)

then again, if I had to listen to my sister play that soundtrack over and over and over, I'd be pissy too...

I've just never been into the fantasy genre. I watch something like that and I start laughing at how boring and weird it is. I'm more into a true story or some historical fiction. Besides it's kind of hard to get girls to go see a LOTR and still take you seriously.:D

Sean O'Gorman
12-02-03, 04:33 PM
I'm more into a true story or some historical fiction.

Does Super Troopers fall under one of those two categories? :D

Racewriter
12-02-03, 05:19 PM
I've just never been into the fantasy genre.

Heck, and I thought you were a CART fan...:p :p :p

Ankf00
12-02-03, 06:50 PM
Besides it's kind of hard to get girls to go see a LOTR and still take you seriously.:D

last you were saying, you had no problems having the girls not take you seriously :p

Ankf00
12-02-03, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by SOG35
Does Super Troopers fall under one of those two categories? :D

"maybe there's someving I can do for you, or maybe my vife?"

Railbird
12-02-03, 07:09 PM
What?

Let me guess,

there's no strip clubs where you dorks live?

Robstar
12-02-03, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by cart7
The movie seemed to drag on and on and on and z - z - z - z

Me too...
I went to the Sydney premiere of the first one (Mrs works in Film) & got through 1hr10mins & then zzzzzzzzz...
Party was OK though... ;)

racer2c
12-02-03, 10:23 PM
Wait! I don't want to be a dork! I want to be cool like the people who don't like LotR! Too late...woa is me...:cry:

Warlock!
12-03-03, 08:07 AM
Ummm... us racin' geeks can't be cool, no matter how hard we try, even if we DO dislike the Lord of the Ring. The most we can do is drink and make fun of the truly "cool".

Oh... and go to an occasional strip club... ;)

Warlock!

anait
12-03-03, 01:10 PM
Hm, I'm a loser, eh? :p Let's check:

I'm a 34 year old happily married woman.

I have a terrific husband, with whom I enjoy mind-blowing, spine-numbing secks whenever & wherever I want.

I have 4 great kids.

I look great in a bathing suit.

I have a nice little house, and we're designing and building our dream house within a couple years - within our budget.

I enjoy going to football games, watching Champcar & F1 & WRC, surfing the Net, reading (novels, sci fi, theology, design, bio, history, culture), dancing, cooking, going out to fancy restaurants, gardening, shopping, singing and playing music semi-professionally, watching all kinds of TV and movies (from Nova to American Pie to Monster Garage to Angel to West Wing to Hockey Night in Canada to Charlie Rose to Bond movies to Designer Guys to Frontiers of Construction to Simpsons), hanging out with friends...

Oh, but, HORROR OF HORRORS!!! I actually ENJOY reading the Lord of the Rings!!! And I see the movies in a group of fellow Tolkien geeks!! Oh, the shame of it all...

Oh, well. I'll take my loser life. ;)

Warlock!
12-03-03, 03:32 PM

You can't possibly judge this point yourself. I think I will need photographic evidence of your claim. 1st I'll need the pic of you in a bathing suit. Then I'll need a pic of you out of your bathing suit, before any other cumbersome clothing is applied. It's really the only way to get a true comparison.

Trust me... when my wife's not home, sometimes I'll compare these things all night long... I know of what I speak.

;)

Warlock!

racer2c
12-03-03, 03:45 PM
Hm, I'm a loser, eh? :p Let's check:

I'm a 34 year old happily married woman.

I have a terrific husband, with whom I enjoy mind-blowing, spine-numbing secks whenever & wherever I want.

I have 4 great kids.

I have a nice little house, and we're designing and building our dream house within a couple years - within our budget.

I enjoy going to football games, watching Champcar & F1 & WRC, surfing the Net, reading (novels, sci fi, theology, design, bio, history, culture), dancing, cooking, going out to fancy restaurants, gardening, shopping, singing and playing music semi-professionally, watching all kinds of TV and movies (from Nova to American Pie to Monster Garage to Angel to West Wing to Hockey Night in Canada to Charlie Rose to Bond movies to Designer Guys to Frontiers of Construction to Simpsons), hanging out with friends...

Oh, but, HORROR OF HORRORS!!! I actually ENJOY reading the Lord of the Rings!!! And I see the movies in a group of fellow Tolkien geeks!! Oh, the shame of it all...

Oh, well. I'll take my loser life. ;)

Wow! If I wasn't married, and you weren't married and I lived in Canada, or you lived in Virginia US, I'd ask you out!
:thumbup:

anait
12-03-03, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Warlock!
You can't possibly judge this point yourself. I think I will need photographic evidence of your claim. 1st I'll need the pic of you in a bathing suit. Then I'll need a pic of you out of your bathing suit, before any other cumbersome clothing is applied. It's really the only way to get a true comparison.

;)

Heheheh...not on your life, bubba. :p But tell you what. When the madness that is this month subsides, and my most cherished form of auto-racing rises once again, I'll buy my ticket to a race, find a hotel with an outdoor pool, and meet ya for a poolside BBQ, whaddya say?? :D

Oh, I gotta ask - do you side with TB on the curves, or are you an angular-loving guy?? ;)

Originally posted by racer2c
Wow! If I wasn't married, and you weren't married and I lived in Canada, or you lived in Virginia US, I'd ask you out!

:D There were distinct advantages to growing up an only child, with lots and lots of guy friends/boyfriends - really balanced out the brainy wallflower thing I had going for me. Our Sunday afternoon youth groups were all about CFL football, poker, Python, and goofy excursions. With a bit of cookie baking by my friend and I to balance the testosterone!! :rofl:

RHR_Fan
12-03-03, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Ankf00
Aragorn for governer!

DORK!!!!! :D

~Nicole

Railbird
12-03-03, 08:10 PM
Hm, I'm a loser, eh?

who said anything about loser?

hell I'm a old white-headed, beer swilling, loser that no one wants to see in a bathing suite.

I believe the term used was dork!

success offers no free pass from that category, ask Bill Gates.

;)

Warlock!
12-03-03, 10:02 PM
...whaddya say?? :D
I'll bring the beer.

Warlock!

Kiwifan
12-03-03, 10:33 PM
Who'd a guessed that, Warlock! :)

Actually, if I was 34 again and lived in Canada and wasn't married and you weren't, oh forget it, it's been done already. ;)

The last time I looked good in Speedos was when I was 18. I had the World by it's tail and I didn't care what anyone thought. These days, sanity prevails, eh 'bird? :) :)

Rusty.

cart7
12-04-03, 01:00 AM
I might have been in the running til they brought up the speedo's. :p

Ankf00
12-04-03, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by RHR_Fan
DORK!!!!! :D

~Nicole

get back to tormenting your bro with that soundtrack :p

NERD!

Ankf00
12-04-03, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Railbird
What?

Let me guess,

there's no strip clubs where you dorks live?

cover costs too much :D

anait
12-04-03, 01:47 AM
I'll bring the beer.

Cool. :cool: Now, what kind of Cdn beer d'ya want me to bring?? Hubby says we're allowed to bring some across the border.

Back to the geeky topic at hand, :D is anybody actually going to the movie on premiere night? We're waiting a while, probably seeing it on a Saturday afternoon.

anait
12-04-03, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Railbird
Hm, I'm a loser, eh?

who said anything about loser?

hell I'm a old white-headed, beer swilling, loser that no one wants to see in a bathing suite.

I believe the term used was dork!

success offers no free pass from that category, ask Bill Gates.

;)

I was defending myself and my fellow geeks against:

Losers

:p But maybe I was being a bit too sensitive... :D

Warlock!
12-04-03, 09:48 AM
Cool. :cool: Now, what kind of Cdn beer d'ya want me to bring?? Hubby says we're allowed to bring some across the border.
Well, I'm always in the mood for a little head...

Moosehead, that is :D

So, you're bringing the husband too? Well, considering all I'll be able to do is steal some stares from behind my shades (no need to provoke my better half either), I s'pose that'll be ok. :(
;)

Warlock!

nz_climber
12-04-03, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Kiwifan
Who'd a guessed that, Warlock! :)

Actually, if I was 34 again

The last time I looked good in Speedos was when I was 18. I had the World by it's tail and I didn't care what anyone thought. These days, sanity prevails, eh 'bird? :) :)

Rusty.

34!!! that would have been awhile ago!! ;) and please not the speedos arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :eek:

;)

RHR_Fan
12-04-03, 08:53 PM
And for all of us dorks, ABC Primetime is having a making-of special tonight at 9:00 CT.

~Nicole

JT265
12-04-03, 09:25 PM
How did I miss a thread about titty bars, bathing suits and beer?

Oh, and a question for the Lord of the Ring folks.

.....Ahem.

Who's ring we talkin' about, and........

Is Michael Jackson involved in some way?

nissan gtp
12-04-03, 11:19 PM
Oh, I gotta ask - do you side with TB on the curves, or are you an angular-loving guy?? ;)

curves are good.

oh yeah. :thumbup:

TrueBrit
12-09-03, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by nissan gtp
curves are good.

oh yeah. :thumbup:

Oh yes they are....

So, Anait, now that we're all paying attention, and have various naughty images dancing in our filthy little minds, care to elaborate on that secks thingy???;)

anait
12-09-03, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by TrueBrit
So, Anait, now that we're all paying attention, and have various naughty images dancing in our filthy little minds, care to elaborate on that secks thingy???;)

As I replied to Warlock!, "...not on your life, bubba." ;) I only mentioned the secks thing to prove that while I am indeed a sci fi/fantasy nerdlet, I gets my lovin'. :D (Hubby doesn't really believe I was defending myself. He knows I love to flirt. :p )

As for mental pictures, I'm sure y'all have very active imaginations!! Ever seen the TLC show, Date Patrol? One of the 'make-over team' is a British woman who coaches the makeover subject in communication. I was looking up her credentials on the show's site, and she's put together several books with 'Super' at the beginning. Guess which one we have?? :thumbup: Now, there's a source for some images and ideas... :cool:

TrueBrit
12-09-03, 04:59 PM
So that's a maybe then?? Which pool and what beer do I need to bring for Warlock's show??:D ;)

nrc
12-09-03, 11:44 PM
RaceGrrl has secured the tickets and we'll be doing a late nighter on opening night at the Arena Grand. Nice theater, reserved seats, should be schweet.

Oh, and one vote for Crrves. ;)

Robstar
12-09-03, 11:57 PM
Here's one more curve vote...

:cool:

EDwardo
12-10-03, 12:04 AM
Return of the Klan?

Rectum of the Klepto?

Rise of the Kringles?

WTF? (mate)

W!

Rosie O'Donnells Timely Killing?

racer2c
12-16-03, 11:27 PM
Under two hours remaining...

:)

Warlock!
12-17-03, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by EDwardo
Rosie O'Donnells Timely Killing?
Whenever *that* comes out, I'll be first in line to see the show!

All this nerdy Sci-fi stuff reminded me of a Bobcat Goldthwait bit. He says he was talkin to a group of Star Wars geeks after one of the recent Episode (fill in Roman numeral here) releases. He asks, "Have any of you nerds actually SEEN a vagina? If you had a police line-up with a vigina, a donut, and a mop, would you be able to pick out the vagina? Cause the minute you can, you're gonna throw that Stormtrooper cookie jar right out the window!"

Have fun at the show, geeks. ;)

Warlock!

rabbit
12-17-03, 10:15 AM
Bobcat knows whereof he speaks.
This is his fiance (Nikki Cox). :eek:
http://mada_band.tripod.com/1LSVaq03.jpg

longbeach32
12-17-03, 07:13 PM
http://images.ucomics.com/comics/ft/2003/ft031214.gif

Railbird
12-17-03, 09:56 PM
enjoy folks

I heard that sumbitch was three hours long

how do you smuggle that much beer into the cineplex?

Sean O'Gorman
12-17-03, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by rabbit
Bobcat knows whereof he speaks.
This is his fiance (Nikki Cox). :eek:
http://mada_band.tripod.com/1LSVaq03.jpg

If they mated:

http://www.webforwards.com/images/1215_4_bobcat_cox1.jpg
http://www.webforwards.com/images/1215_4_bobcat_cox2.jpg

lone_groover
12-17-03, 10:57 PM
Nothing against your little fantasy picture, I hope you all enjoy. BUT, "SHAKES THE CLOWN", now there's some quality cinema.

If you haven't seen it, you should.

Robstar
12-17-03, 11:15 PM
If they mated:

http://www.webforwards.com/images/1215_4_bobcat_cox1.jpg

:rofl: :rofl:

JoeBob
12-18-03, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by lone_groover
Nothing against your little fantasy picture, I hope you all enjoy. BUT, "SHAKES THE CLOWN", now there's some quality cinema.

If you haven't seen it, you should.

Quality Cinema indeed.

Then again, I once had front row seats for Gallagher, so what the heck do I know?

chop456
12-18-03, 05:07 AM
Look what Fox News labeled the pic:

http://www.foxnews.com/images/110767/0_22_300_LOTR_nerds.jpg

http://www.foxnews.com/images/110767/0_22_300_LOTR_nerds.jpg

:laugh:

Stick with the McDonald's diet, bud. It's done wonders so far.

This nerd's going Sunday. :D

Warlock!
12-18-03, 08:07 AM
I'd hit it...

Warlock!

mapguy
12-18-03, 08:24 AM
I'd hit it...

Warlock!

Is there anything you won't hit?

WickerBill
12-19-03, 09:08 AM
Okay. It was good. Very good. Excellent cinematography, music, battle sequences, human interest.

Perhaps I will change my tune after seeing it a couple more times, but "very good" is the best review I can give it. I hyped it up too much to myself, and was a tad disappointed. I wanted some things that are in the books that there was just no time for in the movie.

But it was very good.

WB

RaceGrrl
12-19-03, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by WickerBill
Perhaps I will change my tune after seeing it a couple more times, but "very good" is the best review I can give it. I hyped it up too much to myself, and was a tad disappointed. I wanted some things that are in the books that there was just no time for in the movie.

I agree. I enjoyed TTT so much that I expected even more from RoTK. It seemed a little draggy toward the end, and there were things left out in the theatrical release that I hope they will add in the director's cut on DVD. Still, I enjoyed it very much.

Warlock!
12-19-03, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by mapguy
Is there anything you won't hit?

Still thinkin'...

Warlock!

fourrunner
12-20-03, 07:39 PM
Do the Elijah Wood & Sean Astin characters finally consumate their relationship in this movie? ;)

WickerBill
12-20-03, 07:59 PM
There is a kiss... and a wedding.... are you making fun of a culture you don't understand, four? Do I need to send you to diversity training? ;)

RHR_Fan
12-21-03, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by fourrunner
Do the Elijah Wood & Sean Astin characters finally consumate their relationship in this movie? ;)

You suck 4R! j/k

I'm going to be a geek and probably see it on Tuesday.

~Nicole

JT265
12-21-03, 02:37 PM
does this cinematographic gem bear any resemblance or share plot lines with either Porky's or Porky's II?

chop456
12-21-03, 05:24 PM
Just got home. Liked it. The end WAS draggy.

Oh yeah, and I want Miranda Otto to have my baby.

Tim
12-23-03, 01:06 PM
You guys should dress like those kids at Milwaukee next year. :D

fourrunner
12-24-03, 12:47 AM
OK - I broke down and went to see "Lord of the Dance" tonite, and It was Great!!!!

I had the M&M Special which is you get a dollar off M&M,s if you buy a Large Popcorn, and a Large Soda, total $12.00 and they'll help carry the stuff to your seat.

Frodo & Sam did come close to Kissing a couple Times, and Frodo did kiss Sam on the forehead at the end of the movie. And longing glances were given an interminable amount of screen time between Frodo & Sam. Not sure but I swear Frodo batted his eyes for a second there. Sam Comforted Frodo at least 4 times during the movie.

Of Course Sam got married right soon as they got back from the adventure, and Frodo left town in heavy disappointment. Of course the bride was a beard! And his kids have really big hairy feet, I'm guessing their Greek!

Those Male Hobbits sure like to cuddle though! Even the other two. They cry a lot too!

Even the Archer Guy & The Dwarf were smitten for a minute or two.I assume the Dwarf braids the Archers hair.

Gandolph was the most heterosexual character, and he's actually Gay!

What the Hell was all the whispering about in the middle of the movie?
My Girlfriend had to poke me to prevent me from nodding off! It was like 20 minutes of whispering!

I seem to remember a Battle Scene! And they must not have had building codes back then because whole sections of the castle would collapse when a rock hit it!

And what's with that King trying to burn his "not dead" son on the funeral pier... What a Drama Queen... Liked the way he died though, gave the dive a 9 !

Visually beautiful movie though, a pyromaniacs delight!

Just don't go see it at night if you got up at 5:30 AM that morning!

I'm typing this while listening to Kelly Osbourne sing "Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas" in a key that no musical instrument can duplicate, so forgive my review!

But that did remind me that tommorow is December 24, and I've got to start Christmas Shopping. Guess it's Gift Certificates again this year!

Sean O'Gorman
12-24-03, 01:48 AM
Umm 4r, I stopped reading your review about halfway through. Did you notice anything about the movie that didn't have to do with the characters' sexual orientation? ;)

fourrunner
12-24-03, 01:57 AM
In the second half of the review, which you didn't read, I said it was a visually beautiful movie! ;)

I'll buy the DVD, I own the other two! :)

Dirty Sanchez
12-28-03, 06:04 PM
Saw it Friday. Brutal. A [edit]billion Ewoks laugh at that finale right now.

:thumdown:

Wanted to gouge out that kid's big stupid blue eyes in every one of the (what seemed like 50) scenes where he looked beaten and exhausted from carrying that stupid ring... yeah we ****ing get it dude! We all saw the first 20 hours of the first two movies! :D

The doods in Gondor were all dicks as far as I can tell. Why should I care if they get overrun by a gaGillion Cam-sounding Orcs? Don't say because they're "men"... **** "men"

WTF does Liv Tyler get top billing? She sucks.

The ending sucked!

I'm sure it will get a gaZillion awards.

Dicks.

;)

RTKar
12-28-03, 07:25 PM
Not bad eventhough I'm not much of a fantasy/fiction guy. The cinematography is pretty good, the creatures are slick, and the battle scenes are well done. All in all I found it dark and brooding, and a bit too long. My 13 year old nephew really enjoyed it, so I guess that's all that mattered.

RHR_Fan
12-28-03, 07:49 PM
I saw it. I loved it. I cried. A lot.

~Nicole