PDA

View Full Version : Champcars on Spike TV?

KobySon
12-01-03, 11:15 AM
I was watching James Bond last night on Spike and they had a little :60 auto news type thing hosted by Danica Patrick.

Is this foreshadowing?

kk

XFT
12-01-03, 11:53 AM
yeah - expect to see them on spike or mtv next year , or both!

Accipiter
12-01-03, 01:02 PM
I'm not sure the one thing has anything to do with the other, but that is one of the rumored places for Champ Car coverage. Spike seems to be interested in developing some sort of sports programing beyond Wrestling, Slam Ball, and that funny re-edited Japanese game show thing. I heard they even put in a bid on the NHL.

JoeBob
12-01-03, 04:17 PM
Those shows were announced a while ago: http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2094

Spike does seem to be looking for more "high quality" programming. They're on the short list of folks interested in the NHL, and rumors had them associated with CART as well.

Spike has wider distribution than SPEED, for sure, and along with CBS is a part of the (to borrow a phrase) "Viacom Family O' Networks."

I don't know how many people at Spike are around from the TNN days, but it wasn't that long ago that TNN had extensive racing coverage, NASCAR, NHRA, and WoO all had events shown on TNN. Further, their Raceday show was far superior to RPM2Day/2Night.

There's a lot worse networks to move to, that's for sure.

mapguy
12-01-03, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by JoeBob
They're on the short list of folks interested in the NHL, and rumors had them associated with CART as well.

As long as they show more Leaf games I'll be there!

Ankf00
12-01-03, 05:34 PM
less wings, rangers, and flyers, and i'm joining you.

mapguy
12-01-03, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Ankf00
less wings, rangers, and flyers, and i'm joining you.
That's all I get here. Plus the most boring team in the NHL, the Devils.

What's worse than watching the New Jersey Devils you ask? Watching their farm team, the Albany River Rats. They play the same neutral zone trap but still lose. Plus they don't serve beer at the Pepsi.

(Note: I don't count Bud and Coors Light as beer.)

anait
12-01-03, 05:48 PM
Mmmmmm....Spike and ChampCars, I'm there with bells on. Sexy, powerful cars paired with a sexy, platinum blond vampire with killer cheekbones & abs and a snarky attitude....

Oh, wait...sorry, not that Spike, oops... :o ;)

Seriously though, it would probably be a good move. Good exposure.