PDA

View Full Version : HAHAHA, Hey Toney!

mapguy
11-26-03, 06:39 PM
Thanks for saving Open Wheel Racing you tool. (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/martzke/2003-11-25-martzke_x.htm)

In the last year, ESPN has negotiated decreases in contracts for tennis' Wimbledon and the French Open and soccer's World Cup and Major League Soccer. After the holidays, the NHL figures to be next. Ditto for the Indy Racing League.

:thumdown:

lone_groover
11-26-03, 07:14 PM
HA HA, suckaz!

Won't be long until hog caller-Jenkins and all those other midway refugees who "broadcast" crapwagon racing will acheive their true metier: Public Access TV. :thumdown:

BTW, happy thanksgiving gomers. G'head, indulge in some cannibalism, you TURKEYS!

:cry:

nz_climber
11-26-03, 08:27 PM
HAHAHAHAHAH Suckers !!!:rofl:

Chaos
11-27-03, 01:52 PM
off topic, but in the same article:

"Thumbs up: To ESPN's Sunday night NFL crew of Mike Patrick, Joe Theismann and Paul Maguire, who get along as well as any three-man booth since ABC's baseball trio of Al Michaels, Jim Palmer and Tim McCarver. Maguire has added the light touch and shared keen analysis with Theismann. Patrick is one of the most underappreciated play-by-play men in the business."

...i totally agree with this. I like the sunday night crew better than any other.

jcollins28
11-27-03, 02:26 PM
I hate Joe Theismann he is a tool. In fact I hate him more then TG.

Tim
11-27-03, 03:20 PM
Joe Theismann sucks more than anyone I've ever heard call a football game.

JoeBob
11-27-03, 11:36 PM
All I can say about Joe Theisman is this:

http://espn.go.com/i/classic/1004/photo/c_lt6_i.jpg

pchall
11-28-03, 10:22 AM
Theisman did look like a holiday bird getting the leg joints broken, didn't he?

KobySon
11-28-03, 12:14 PM
I think we all knew it was just a matter of time. Next it will be a matter of time-buys...

Jag_Warrior
11-29-03, 12:49 PM
Despite a ratings drop of around 50%, I've listened to the IRL faithful claim that Indy's value has not been compromised for years. I followed this link and then posted the info on an IRL board to see what other info might be out there. Some general race fans have replied, but the IRL faithful must be taking this weekend off. Denial... They used to accuse CART fans of having their heads buried in the sand. Seems the shoe is on the other foot now.

Heads in the sand, fingers in their ears, singing "la, la, la...". :shakehead

SteveH
11-29-03, 01:42 PM