PDA

View Full Version : SP Times article on Monster Garage

rabbit
11-24-03, 05:15 PM
http://www.sptimes.com/2003/11/24/Sports/Cars_lining_up_for_th.shtml

Don't forget, tonight at 9:00 (Eastern).

pchall
11-24-03, 09:31 PM
What! And miss Lisa Guerrero's pre-game puffery on MNF?

Now, which rates higher on the babe-o-meter? Lisa or a paint spraying champcar... Lisa or a paint spraying champcar...

Guess I'll join the game later in the first quarter. ;)

sadams
11-25-03, 08:38 AM
I thought it was done real well. C^RT marketing did a good job for once.

TedN
11-25-03, 11:47 AM
For Canadian fans ....

This page shows Canadian schedule for upcoming episodes of Champ Car Line Painter and NASCAR Street Sweeper HERE (http://exn.ca/onTv/series.asp?series=43701507&TZ=0)

This page shows has details and slide show of Champ Car Line Painter episode which was broadcast last night in the U.S. HERE (http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/monstergarage/episode/season2/episode_32.html)

Ted

racer2c
11-25-03, 03:15 PM
A pushrod, carburated Ford smallblock! :thumdown:

Turn7
11-25-03, 05:16 PM
Don't get all bent out of shape about the motor....we are talking about a road painter here.

racer2c
11-25-03, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Turn7
Don't get all bent out of shape about the motor....we are talking about a road painter here.

It was a joke.

rabbit
11-25-03, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by racer2c
A pushrod, carburated Ford smallblock! :thumdown: And they still went WAY over budget. :eek:

Turn7
11-25-03, 06:15 PM
OK...:D

I was think; wow, he is getting past the tube framed, solid axle back half and is worried about a Ford pushrod, carbed motor tricked to paint a road stripe? Hmmmm....must be wound up pretty tight.

RARules
11-25-03, 06:31 PM
Of course, as far as budget is concerned, an analogy might be "Take this old PC desktop and turn it into a high-end file server by connecting it to this fancy fibre-channel disk array, and I forgot, you can't use the original CPU, hard disk or PCI cards", and do it for $50. You're just not going to get it done for that.

The whole thing was contrived. I.e., the purpose of the exercise was very narrow and required special parts (the painting parts). And this isn't junkyard wars - you're not just going to bolt any old engine onto the back of a Champ Car tub.

So enjoy the program for what it was - light mechanically-oriented entertainment. I did.

I do wish though that some of these shows were a little less tailored for those with ADD. ;)

Bring on more entertainment like these shows next spring!

Lizzerd
11-25-03, 07:39 PM
I think it's great that CART got involved at all. Like the episode or not, CART should have been doing this three, four years ago. Same with the CSI - Miami show. Can you say "EXPOSURE"?

Bolt on a Ford push rod onto a tube frame? So what!? They're making a friggin street painter, not a race car! I thought the show was fun to watch. I'm glad that Jesse didn't have to use the "Beat Clyde if he isn't done on time" stick, too.

Lizzerd
11-25-03, 07:57 PM
P.S. The lemmings at TF are really slamming the show hard. I wonder if they would be doing the same if it was a chopped up Crapwagon instead of a chopped up CHAMPCAR??? Idiots...

Turn7
11-25-03, 11:46 PM
Jealous.

devilmaster
11-26-03, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by rabbit
And they still went WAY over budget. :eek:

The engine came from Roush.

Steve

anait
11-26-03, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by RARules
I do wish though that some of these shows were a little less tailored for those with ADD. ;)

I resemble that remark!! :D

Looking forward to seeing it next week. If I remember to watch, that is...

rabbit
11-26-03, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by devilmaster
The engine came from Roush.

Steve I noticed that on the crate when Jesse opened it.