PDA

View Full Version : Dude - I Got A Dell

chop456
11-17-03, 06:52 AM
For the outlaws, but they paid for it. I just configured it and did the ordering.

They've got some stellar deals right now if anyone's shopping for a PC. Of course, if I had the scratch, I'd buy a Mac. :D

Anyway:

Free quadruple memory upgrade on their top-tier systems.
Free shipping ($100!)
Free 2nd bay CD-RW
$100+ rebate
$75 rebate if you sign up for broadband. $29/mo. for 6 mo. of Earthlink in our area, then $41/mo.

The one the outlaws got isn't a high-powered system. 2.6 Celeron w/128MB (will be upgraded) and integrated audio and video, but it came out to about $560 after rebates including the 3-yr. in home service deal ($130). Not bad, I think, considering their current PII 333 cost them about $1200 new. :D

I'm still saving for this:

http://a772.g.akamai.net/7/772/51/73314e34e25de2/www.apple.com/powermac/images/indexfamily06232003.jpg

mapguy
11-17-03, 06:56 AM
Nancy boy.

:D

chop456
11-17-03, 07:18 AM
And the more I stick my pinky out, the fancier I am. :D

chop456
Avowed fruity-cupper.

Dirty Sanchez
11-17-03, 10:40 AM
mmmmmmm... G5

Methanolandbrats
11-17-03, 10:48 AM
G5.....ya no sheet. Buy that and in 10 minutes you're editing video, filing photos and sending emails. This is in sharp contast to PC/Windoze where 10 minutes after opening the box you're on hold to tech support, trying to figure out which drivers you need to download and once you get on line Mr. Softy is telling you to download some more patches for his *****ty software so you don't get hacked. I just built a couple more cheap PCs because I have lots of PC software and I did'nt have the scratch to switch....but I sure hope to someday. Bite me Mr. Softy :mad:

Warlock!
11-17-03, 12:00 PM
Is it possible to play the sweet PC games such as F1 Challenge or the upcoming Doom III on a Mac? If not, I'll stick to the world of non-compatible drivers and a s****ty OS.

Warlock!

racer2c
11-17-03, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Warlock!
Is it possible to play the sweet PC games such as F1 Challenge or the upcoming Doom III on a Mac? If not, I'll stick to the world of non-compatible drivers and a s****ty OS.

Warlock!

Doom III for Mac is slated for a 2007 release. ;)

lone_groover
11-17-03, 12:31 PM
Applez are fine machines and still the industry standard for graphics and publishing. BUT, the cat-glasses-wearing "mac" people I know in New York are such stupid jerks!

:)

Ankf00
11-17-03, 01:07 PM
mmmm, geee fiiiiiive
http://home.engr.utexas.edu/patelaa/pictures/homer-drool.gif

racer2c
11-17-03, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by lone_groover
Applez are fine machines and still the industry standard for graphics and publishing. BUT, the cat-glasses-wearing "mac" people I know in New York are such stupid jerks!

:)

yeah! They eat sushi and don't play Doom III!!!!!!!:p

Methanolandbrats
11-17-03, 02:02 PM
Two of my friends write streaming video software for PCs. That's their job. Guess what they use at home for their video projects :D

chop456
11-17-03, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Warlock!

Warlock!

Yes, windows emulators are available for Mac. I even used to have a Mac whose hard drive was partitioned 50% Mac and 50% windows. Push a button and the Mac OS faded out and up came the windows 3.11 desktop, fully functioning. Well, functioning like windows anyway. ;)

I don't know if there are emulators available for OS X Jaguar yet, but the old ones would run WINXX just as a PC would, blue screen of death and everything.

Ratattack
11-17-03, 10:42 PM
You go,Chop. Took alot, but you picked a good one..:thumbup: