PDA

View Full Version : The Ulimate Foyt Futility Watch Thread for 2003

pchall
11-14-03, 04:00 PM
Larry and Foyt Racing take on a track completely reconfigured with no set up notes and not a laptop in sight.

Never fear, ol' AJ has his 3 lb, 6 lb, and 12 lb mallets ready and will beat the right set up into the #14 car by qualifying time.

scanman
11-14-03, 04:04 PM
:D

Lizzerd
11-14-03, 06:00 PM
STOP THE PRESSES!!!!

Larry starts 12th!

Surrealism at its best (http://www.nascar.com/races/wc/2003/36/data/lineup.html)

Now, how quickly will he be out of the top 30 when the green flag falls? Stay tuned...

Don Quixote
11-14-03, 07:30 PM
See what the boy can do when all the other teams are equally clueless on setups? :gomer:

JT265
11-14-03, 08:14 PM
Help Wanted.

JT requires help in capturing the monkey that just flew out of his butt. Please apply c/o OffCamber.net.

Salary to be determined. ;)

nissan gtp
11-14-03, 08:28 PM
talent finally shows.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

JohnHKart
11-14-03, 08:36 PM
12th????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm totally stunned here......what's next you're gonna tell me that Ritchie Blackmore's gonna do a meet and greet??????? Oh never mind that got cancelled...

JH

pchall
11-14-03, 08:59 PM
It must have been grandpa's 12 pound mallet! :)

I can see in my mind's eye ol' AJ pounding on the tube frame to get the NOX bottle to fit... Larry gets .3 sec faster in quals after being 41st in practice.

Go figure.

Sunday's Futility Updates are gonna be fun.

TKGAngel
11-15-03, 04:08 PM
Is it a bad thing when you see the NASCAR starting lineup, see the Larry is starting 12th, and say that the OC Foyt Futility Thread is going to light up like a Christmas tree?

pchall
11-15-03, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by TKGAngel
Is it a bad thing when you see the NASCAR starting lineup, see the Larry is starting 12th, and say that the OC Foyt Futility Thread is going to light up like a Christmas tree?

That all depends on whether you are paying for the additional bandwidth out of your pocket... ;)

JohnHKart
11-16-03, 07:50 AM
The shock of this is that Foyt also beat out some more established teams who DNQ'd like Schrader's Bam Racing and Kyle Petty.

JH

DaveL
11-16-03, 11:37 AM
Foyt was in a Evernham car with an Evernham engine. I guess ol' AJ realized what kind of rolling turdballs his own cars were.

Never the less, Larry will be DFL or close to it by the first round of green flag stops.

RaceChic
11-16-03, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by JT265
Help Wanted.

JT requires help in capturing the monkey that just flew out of his butt. Please apply c/o OffCamber.net.

Salary to be determined. ;)

Oooooooh...... that could be tricky. Out of my realm of practice I believe. :laugh:

rabbit
11-16-03, 05:57 PM
P15?! :saywhat:

On the lead lap?!?! :eek:

pchall
11-16-03, 06:32 PM
He was running in the mid 20s when I tuned in for a bit. Seemed like a lot of good runners had trouble today -- a good dozen cars retired and others were limping around laps and laps down.

For some reason it seemed like there were more tires going down and causing wrecks and a lot engines letting go.

Railbird
11-16-03, 07:42 PM
give the devil his due, ol' Larry had himself "a top twenty car" and hung in there for a 15th place finish earning "valuable championship points".

Now whether being happy with "a top twenty car" is ridiculous or not is a topic for a whole 'nother thread on NASCAR itself IMO.

One way or the other I'm bettin the tenderloins are flyin around the Foyt compound tonight.

Racewriter
11-16-03, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Railbird
give the devil his due, ol' Larry had himself "a top twenty car" and hung in there for a 15th place finish earning "valuable championship points".

Now whether being happy with "a top twenty car" is ridiculous or not is a topic for a whole 'nother thread on NASCAR itself IMO.

One way or the other I'm bettin the tenderloins are flyin around the Foyt compound tonight.

Yep, credit where credit is due. Lightning Larry did a decent impression of a race driver today.:eek:

cart7
11-17-03, 09:00 AM
This just in, Foyt racing petitions ISC to begin reconfiguration plans for all other racetracks on the schedule!

JohnHKart
11-17-03, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by DaveL
Foyt was in a Evernham car with an Evernham engine. I guess ol' AJ realized what kind of rolling turdballs his own cars were.

Never the less, Larry will be DFL or close to it by the first round of green flag stops.

Oh man......I'm sposed to be in bed right now....but I'm laughing so hard the tears are running down my face....."Rolling Turballs"!!!!! Thanks for that....I'm laughing my ass off!!!!!:rofl: Then reading the other post race responses too.....I haven't laughed this hard in awhile. Thanks to all of you.
JH