PDA

View Full Version : More evidence that the vision works.

mapguy
11-11-03, 08:24 AM
Sprint Car ace, the terror of Eldora, Kousuke Matsuura tested for Super Aguri Fernandez at Phoenix. (http://www.autosport.com/newsitem.asp?id=25259&s=18) Apparently Adrian wants to run two cars next year. One driver being Japanese and another driver being 'experienced'. All depending on whether he can find sponsorship. Translation: He's hoping that if he gets a Japanese driver Honda won't pull their funding.

Wheel-Nut
11-11-03, 10:24 AM
Ah Yes!! The joys of engine manufacturer participation. And to think on one internet board they used to cry how Tony wouldn't let "that" happen!!

Ankf00
11-11-03, 11:26 AM
hey man, lay off, "he's won championshipS"

mapguy
11-11-03, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Ankf00
"he's won championshipS"

He did? :saywhat:

rabbit
11-11-03, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Wheel-Nut
And to think on one internet board they used to cry how Tony wouldn't let "that" happen!! Some of them still do. It's all part of the plan. Tony's just trying to criple all the furrin' drivers so only 'muricans are left. See, that's the problem. The IRL cars are plenty safe, it's just that 'furrin drivers don't have strong enough backs and necks to handle it. Once they're all out of the picture, bring on Donnie Beechler!

DaveL
11-11-03, 01:09 PM
The Vision is working.

I'm sure it can't be that hard to pull up a quote from Jack Long, Cary Agajanian, or Leo Mehl that states that one of the reasons why the IRL was necessary was because not enough obscure Japanese road racers were getting their deserved shot at Indy.

rabbit
11-11-03, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Wheel-Nut
And to think on one internet board they used to cry how Tony wouldn't let "that" happen!! Ask and ye shall receive! :D (http://www.trackforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35064)

You bring up the engine manufacturers, ghost--I sometimes wonder if a few years back, this was TG's thinking:

* Well, while there's definitely room for improvement, engine rules as they are are working fine. Costs are reasonably low, short-track drivers have a fighting chance, and people are getting used to the idea that the IRL is here to stay. Give this another ten years and we may be back in the public's eye to where we were before I started the League. There's really no need to change anything...

* On the other hand, if I let Toyota and Honda into the League, I can kill CART. Hmmm... See? All part of the master vision! Tony let them in to kill CART! All hail Lord Sagamore!

Ankf00
11-11-03, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by mapguy
He did? :saywhat:

I have no clue, it's my mistake, was quoting Andy Hall's favourite journalist's hot sparco suit defense :)

I left off my :laugh: on the other post, sorry :)

SteveH
11-11-03, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by DaveL
The Vision is working.

I'm sure it can't be that hard to pull up a quote from Jack Long, Cary Agajanian, or Leo Mehl that states that one of the reasons why the IRL was necessary was because not enough obscure Japanese road racers were getting their deserved shot at Indy.

When Agajanian was quoted in RACER "I've got a dozen more just like him" I thought he was referring to Tony Stewart, not Shiggy.

mapguy
11-11-03, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Ankf00
I have no clue, it's my mistake, was quoting Andy Hall's favourite journalist's hot sparco suit defense :)

I left off my :laugh: on the other post, sorry :)

:confused: :gomer: :thumbup: