PDA

View Full Version : Obligations

nrc
11-09-03, 06:42 PM
Funny thing. The same Lemmings who figured that John Judd was going to get 20 million from CART for engines that were never built based on a contract that was never signed now can't figure out how CART could have tens of millions in obligations that would come due if they go into liquidation.

Every contract you sign is an obligation. If you break the contract you're liable for damages to the other party. The Lemmings were pleased to point out CART's liability in Texas, but seem reluctant to accept the fact that if CART shuts down and liquidates they'll be liable to Molson for three dates in Canada, IMG for Australia, Dover Downs for three dates in the U.S., CBS for TV time, and not least of all, Forsythe for two big dates in Mexico.

In the unlikely event that CART should be forced to liquidate, the line for their remaining cash would form immediately and the shareholders will be left at the end holding the bag.

Railbird
11-09-03, 09:42 PM
nah, nah, nah nrc

the evil management team has squirled all the retirees money away in some double secret fund to be used next year to promote third world ride buyers.

Hell, didn't you get the memo?

nrc
11-10-03, 12:27 AM
I don't think there was any vast conspiricy, but I think once Vaninni stuck his nose in Forsythe was happy to stand by and watch Pook burn through the cash while hoping he could reach that light at then end of the tunnel before he ran out.

Meanwhile it seems like our faithful opposition can't decide whether CART is worthless or worth a lot more than OWRS is offering.

rocket
11-10-03, 02:52 AM
I just can't do it...watch the lemmings run in circles chasing their tails that is, makes me dizzy. :gomer:

pchall
11-10-03, 09:16 AM
That's not their tails they are chasing. It's the continued existence of CART biting them in the @ss.

Ankf00
11-10-03, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by pchall
That's not their tails they are chasing. It's the continued existence of CART biting them in the @ss.
hrm, dunno bout you, but I dont want to bite lemming ass, that's just dirty. probably get an infection or something, ew.

Corner5
11-10-03, 12:50 PM
This is what happens when you base your whole series success on the death of another. They stand around waiting and wondering????!!!!!!:gomer: :rolleyes: :gomer: