PDA

View Full Version : Bridgestone "Grip on the Season"

Lizzerd
11-05-03, 04:59 PM
Presented to Bourdais last night.

...presented to the driver who, on the whole. posted the fastest race lap on all 18 races of the year. Had all 18 events been combined into one 36.3 mile lap, the Frenchman would have been streets ahead of all the competition, with a combined best lap of 19m06.229s over the theoretical 36.637 mile circuit, for an average speed of 115.029 mph. Such was Bourdais? pace, that he won the seasonal award by more then two seconds over his closest competitor.

What a cool idea. I hadn't heard of this award until I read the banquet recap on cart.com today. Yep, Kermit is the real deal. I hope he stays around for a few more years.

rabbit
11-05-03, 05:19 PM
That is a really cool idea. :thumbup: Two seconds over a 36.6 mile lap? That's like less than a second on the old Nurburgring. It just goes to show how tight the field (or at least the fast end of it) was this year.

Ziggy
11-05-03, 06:42 PM
This used to be a regular feature in Autocourse. It was called "SuperGrid" and they quit doing it about seven years ago.

It always showed who was the fastest over the course of the season

Ziggy

RaceChic
11-05-03, 07:34 PM
Thanks Lizzerd. :D
When I had skimmed through the awards briefly at first, I wasn't sure what it was either. Bourdais is definately CART's next big thing. I just hope we can keep Darren Manning as well. :)