PDA

View Full Version : Okey doke... I got me one o' them thar mini-R/C cars...

Warlock!
01-23-03, 11:09 AM
Two of 'em actually, 'cept I didn't go for the high-dollar Zip-Zaps or the MicroSizers. I was on Buy.com when I spotted the "Price Miss-mark of the Day: Mini R/C racers!" They were $9.95 each, so I got two of 'em. I'm sure I'll get smoked at the Woo Doggies races, but at least I'll make the starting grid.

The cars are cool, each of them being a copy of a Merc CLK LeMans-style car, but that was the problem. They're both exactly the same, and run on the same frequency! Is there a way to change the freqs on one of these cars or the transmitter? I'm electrical stoopid (among other things), so any help would be appreciated.

[Edit] Mine are marked at 27MHz

Winter Warlock!

Turn7
01-23-03, 11:14 AM
I think that is going to be a big problem at Woo Doggies for everybody.

Most of the cars I have seen run on 27mhz or 49mhz. Everybody should list what mhz their cars operates on so that you all don't have a TMS situation where the race is called off for reasons that should have been previously known.

Cam
01-23-03, 12:59 PM
49HMz here....

Hardpoint
01-23-03, 02:19 PM
Maybe I did'nt pay close enough attention but....What the hell are you guys talking about? Racing R/C cars? What type? I used to race 1/10 scale on carpet as well as off road dirt. Is this what you are talking about or am I completely cornfused?

JoeBob
01-23-03, 02:28 PM
http://www.microsizers.com/

Napoleon
01-23-03, 02:33 PM
GoBucks

These things are a little bigger then Matchbox cars and are relatively cheap ($50?).

pchall
01-23-03, 04:53 PM
There are only two freqs available for these cars -- 27 and 49.

We will probably have to resort to match races between folks who have different freqs or some sort of time trial/gymkhana affair. For you all out speed demons I can see a drag race on the bar top.

Since Nappy is our resident SCCA driver I nominate him for tech inspector!

We'll have to set up a BoxStock class and a Modified class and a SuperModified class to take care of you folks who have popped for the tires and suspension bits as well as the super motors.

PS: the price for the Microsizer seems to be holding at the $30 level at most hobby shops.

Hardpoint
01-26-03, 11:09 AM
I've seen those before. Actually, my wifes niece got one for xmas this year but the family dog ate it. Pretty funny story.

G.
01-27-03, 12:56 PM
You cannot change the frequency. Ok, maybe you can, but it would involve buying another car (at a different freq) and swapping the TX and RX modules out of them. Sorta a silly task.

Mine was $12.00. Cheap knock off. Amuse the kids (and dad). Mine is 53 MHz.

oddlycalm
01-27-03, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by GoBuckeyes
I've seen those before. Actually, my wifes niece got one for xmas this year but the family dog ate it. Pretty funny story.

Did it still run once it was in the dog...? Kind of fun to surprise old Fido with a hot lap or two around his gastric plumbing...;)

Lizzerd
01-27-03, 11:09 PM
Okay, you crazies. Now I'm gonna have to buy one and practice on my own damn pool table.

Be prepared for Lizzerd Motorsports, coming to a bar near you.

Hardpoint
01-28-03, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by oddlycalm
Did it still run once it was in the dog...? Kind of fun to surprise old Fido with a hot lap or two around his gastric plumbing...;)

Thats a good question. I dont think we ever even thought to try it. It would almost be worth buying one to feed to my stupid mutt too see if it would work.