PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Sign Ozzie Guillen

chop456
11-04-03, 12:00 PM
Fantastic.

Nothing like hiring someone with NO experience to manage one of the most talented teams in the AL. The current team will cease to exist in 2 years and this is the time to strike while the iron's hot. Thomas is the only current player to have played with Ozzie and the rest of them don't know him from Adam.

Spend some money and get a real friggin' manager. Otherwise, the rest of the payroll is wasted.

Hoping to eat my words next year. :shakehead

I realize no one gives a rat's ass about this, but I had to complain somewhere.

P.S. I'll be dissapointed if I don't hear some smart-assed comments from SteveH, DaveL and Illiniracer. :D

Methanolandbrats
11-04-03, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by chop456

I realize no one gives a rat's ass about this, :D
Spot on analysis of the situation ;)

Eagle104
11-04-03, 01:01 PM
i hope you can eat your words, too, chop..but i can't really disagree with your take.

and i wasn't too comfortable ozzie felt the need to make such a big deal about 'dealing' with frank, if needed. it was in response to a general question, iirc .. but i think he took it to frank on his own.

hoping for the best: go sox

:)

SteveH
11-04-03, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by chop456
P.S. I'll be dissapointed if I don't hear some smart-assed comments from SteveH, DaveL and Illiniracer. :D

Well actually I don't have anything smart-assed to say. I'm not a Sox hater and would like to see them do well. This will be interesting to watch. His comments on Frank Thomas yesterday were very forthright. I don't know how much respect he will get from the players and from the rest of the league, maybe it will all work out. If not, wait til next year. :)

tllips
11-04-03, 04:44 PM
I think we will be able to tell how the whole season will go in the beginning. If Frank is hustling his tail off, it will be a good season. If Frank is crying about his numbers and being nonchalant Ozzie didn't get through to him and the season will be a waste.

GO SOX!!!!