to be held in the near future
is this the way to get around our
unpredictable weather we have at this
time of year i hope so
but you must admit
you dont often see a dull race at sufers

Kiwifan
11-03-03, 04:54 AM
I agree. The BrUtes proved that you can race at night but the Champ Cars being more technically demanding (?) should only race late morning/midday. The locals will tell you that it hardly ever rains in the morning but there is a fair chance of a late thunderstorms in the afternoon.

Rusty.

racer2c
11-03-03, 11:16 AM
Now we have to sort out the perception that the Champ Cars would be the opening act. :thumdown:

Turn7
11-03-03, 01:01 PM
Why?

A ladder series race is run after the Champ Cars at RA and you don't have to worry about it being considered more important.

tllips
11-03-03, 01:28 PM
Also, Indy Lights used to run at Milwaukee after ths Champcars. For those who stuck around 'til the end of the Lights, it was a whole lot easier to get out of there.

racer2c
11-03-03, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Turn7
Why?

A ladder series race is run after the Champ Cars at RA and you don't have to worry about it being considered more important.

Apples and oranges. Atlantic's are the declared ladder series to the Champ Cars. With the popularity of the V8 Supercars 'down under', the perception would not be as clearly defined.

I'm surprised I'd have to spell this out.

Chief
11-03-03, 05:15 PM
We've been doing TV timeslot juggling for years, I can't see it being a problem. Also, the live broadcast here in the states would mean the race starts at 10:30PM EDT instead of 12:30AM.

If they pay the sanction fee, they can run it anytime they want....

Jay
11-03-03, 05:35 PM
Would CART really care which race is perceieved as being the premier event? Australians love motorracing, period. My Australian friends on another forum think the event (though it would lose some luster) would still attract hundreds of thousands if the Champcars left.

Robstar
11-03-03, 06:34 PM
As I talked to people at Surfers it was pretty clear that the majority of Aussies were there for the V8's as opposed to the Champ Cars (myself not included - I like 'em both)
The event is billed as a 'double header' so it would be kinda cool to have Champ Car qualifying & V8 Race 1 on Saturday, then the 300 around lunchtime & V8 Race 2 Sunday arvo...
I garantee, you wouldn't have many people leaving the track before the V8's...

nz_climber
11-03-03, 07:43 PM
I think its a good idea, lots of people are there for the v8 supercars (them aussies are stupid sometimes - they think supercars are the fastest things out!) so a few people probably don't stay for the champcars

and all so if there is alot of rain(see surfers 2002) then you can delay the race by a few hours to the orginal time and bump the supercars off the schedule ;) (I do like the supercars but champcars rule :) )

Robstar
11-03-03, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by nz_climber

and all so if there is alot of rain(see surfers 2002) then you can delay the race by a few hours to the orginal time and bump the supercars off the schedule ;) (I do like the supercars but champcars rule :) )

Ha !
Can't see that happening but I agree - Champ Cars Rule :cool: :thumbup: