PDA

View Full Version : This really sucks.

mapguy
10-31-03, 12:29 PM
Thanks to new rules set out by the FIA restricting 3rd team cars to drivers who haven't had a podium in three years, Colin McRae is out of a ride for next year. (http://www.autosport.com/newsitem.asp?id=25168&s=8) Here is the winningest driver in World Rally history, also the most exciting and most popular, and he doesn't have a ride lined up.

:thumdown:

JoeBob
10-31-03, 12:39 PM
At least he still has his video games... and his pinky.

I'd love to see him take a shot at road racing. He's certainly got the car control skills and reflexes.

Ankf00
10-31-03, 12:41 PM
sainz i think it was once powerslid a mclaren into the garage and mika was like "where'd you learn to do that?"
carlos: "i grew up racing 800 hp cars on cliffsides"

hehe

mapguy
10-31-03, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by JoeBob
I'd love to see him take a shot at road racing. He's certainly got the car control skills and reflexes.

He did get a shot at driving a Jordan F1 car around Silverstone a few years back when he was with Subaru. One journalist who was there said "He'll get lost without Ringer on board." :D

IIRC he set some decent lap times. Also in 1992 he did a one of in the BTCC (when it was 'real') at Knockhill in Scotland. Put the car in the top half of the grid.

Eagle104
10-31-03, 12:53 PM
leave it to max and the fia........!!:flame:

heck, soon after the then forthcoming third driver rule was announced, the idiots then went even further to allow only two(2) point-earning drivers per team!

the 3rd-driver rule was bad enough...and then, almost literally overnite, they made things even worse.

the fia's gone mad(der) on this one..but, who do you complain to?? :mad:

guess wrc was getting a little too popular. :saywhat:

Warlock!
10-31-03, 12:57 PM
"I'm really looking forward to getting into other forms of motorsport."

Think some crazy-rich brit would drop him into a ChampCar seat for 2004? Cool to think about, at least...

Warlock!

mapguy
10-31-03, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Eagle104

heck, soon after the then forthcoming third driver rule was announced, the idiots then went even further to allow only two(2) point-earning drivers per team!

the 3rd-driver rule was bad enough...and then, almost literally overnite, they made things even worse.

What makes matters worse is that they made that announcement near the end of the season. Kinda hard to get a sponsorship package together and then try to get a team going.