PDA

View Full Version : George Mack to Nextel Cup??????

JohnHKart
10-30-03, 07:55 PM
Did Not Qualify Racing Inc (A division of Foyt Futility Enterprises) welcomes it's newest driver.............. George Mack!!!!!!!

JH

From Jayski's:

IRL Driver to Cup? Hearing that former IRL driver, George Mack, and former Indy car team owner, Gary Trout, are joining forces to compete in the 2004 Nextel Cup Series. Also, hearing that Trout, who bases his racing operation out of Friendship, Ind., has lured a major sponsor that has not been involved in Cup before. Apparently, the sponsor was interested in a diversity program utilizing Mack, who is currently preparing for an intense testing schedule leading up to Speed Weeks at Daytona.(10-30-2003

Racewriter
10-30-03, 10:08 PM
One of the funniest things I've read in awhile.

It will be nice for Lightning Larry to have some competition, even just on practice day.

RobGuru
10-30-03, 10:14 PM
Does this mean that there will now need to be a Mack futility watch?

DaveL
10-30-03, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Racewriter
One of the funniest things I've read in awhile.

It will be nice for Lightning Larry to have some competition, even just on practice day.

If it's possible, he'd do worse than Larry. At least Larry got some experience in BGN. George Mack would get his ass handed to him in ways asses have never been handed before.

For the love of God George, run ARCA first.

JT265
10-30-03, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by DaveL
If it's possible, he'd do worse than Larry. At least Larry got some experience in BGN. George Mack would get his ass handed to him in ways asses have never been handed before.

Hell Dave, George don't need no stinkin' ARCA. He didn't even know what a racecar with a tub looked like from the business side until ToeKnee launched his experiment. Should be a hoot to watch tho'.

DaveL
10-30-03, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by JT265
Hell Dave, George don't need no stinkin' ARCA. He didn't even know what a racecar with a tub looked like from the business side until ToeKnee launched his experiment. Should be a hoot to watch tho'

I guess. Given his resume, or lack thereof, I'd like to hope that NASCAR denies him a competitor's licence for Cup. He has one year in the Earl as wreck prone backmarker and the rest of his experience is shifter karts. He will have no idea in hell of what he is doing out there and will be a danger to other drivers.

This ain't about skin color, gang. It's about a driver who is no way qualified to run Cup. For George's safety, and that of other drivers, I hope NASCAR denies him the licence and makes him run ARCA or at least BGN first.

JT265
10-31-03, 12:38 AM
Agreed on all points Dave. No disrepect to Mack, but being Tonee's experiment should have given him a heads up to this kinda stuff, and a season or two in ARCA or Busch would be just the ticket.

Racewriter
10-31-03, 11:14 AM
I guess. Given his resume, or lack thereof, I'd like to hope that NASCAR denies him a competitor's licence for Cup. He has one year in the Earl as wreck prone backmarker and the rest of his experience is shifter karts. He will have no idea in hell of what he is doing out there and will be a danger to other drivers.

This ain't about skin color, gang. It's about a driver who is no way qualified to run Cup. For George's safety, and that of other drivers, I hope NASCAR denies him the licence and makes him run ARCA or at least BGN first.

Absolutely, Dave. Nicely said.

Methanolandbrats
10-31-03, 11:22 AM
Progressive racefans in Georgia and Alabama will probably be tempted to torch his souvenier trailer.

cart7
10-31-03, 11:55 AM
Unfortunately, given a recent article in USA Today where Nascar basically is saying they REALLY want to break into the minority market, I wouldn't put it past them to give George a bye and let him run using his rather short OW irl experience as proof of experience.

Racewriter
10-31-03, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by cart7
Unfortunately, given a recent article in USA Today where Nascar basically is saying they REALLY want to break into the minority market, I wouldn't put it past them to give George a bye and let him run using his rather short OW irl experience as proof of experience.

That's what I was thinking, too. NASCAR is politically in a position where they might have to give him a license. Otherwise, it's a case of the "Redneck NASCAR holding the black man down.":rolleyes:

JoeBob
10-31-03, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by cart7

That experience wasn't enough for Tony Stewart to get his Cup license was it? But that was probably part of the conspiracy to hold Stewart back. ;)

pchall
10-31-03, 04:03 PM

Remember, this is a man who actually did a gig on one of those fake "dating" shows. Getting smeared on the wall in NASCAR is nothing compared to that...

lone_groover
10-31-03, 04:50 PM
I saw that one! It was "BLIND DATE".

Mack may not know much about the finer points of chasis setup or car control, but the man certainly knows how to express his appreciation for a full, juicy rump.

:thumbup: