PDA

View Full Version : Tell me what you want to do

DjDrOmusic
10-28-03, 08:55 PM
I can either go ahead and have a smaller party or just postpone until the race is rescheduled, if it's rescheduled. Just post how you feel and I'll abide by your decision.

mello
10-28-03, 09:12 PM
My thought is if this race doesn't happen we should still have a year end party. We could run best moments or something of Cart this year. BUT the party will happen. Wait and see official word on if it is off or run or postponed. Should know by noon tomorrow then take a vote what to do. You have done so much and the bar too that we should have something for sure!

Hardpoint
10-28-03, 09:31 PM
The actual race is only 3+ hours of a very fun weekend. I say go full steam ahead. I'm not sure I'll be in attendance, but those that are will have a great time with or without the race.

Twisty Bits
10-28-03, 10:13 PM
I'm torn, torn like an old shirt.

mello
10-28-03, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by GoBucks
The actual race is only 3+ hours of a very fun weekend. I say go full steam ahead. I'm not sure I'll be in attendance, but those that are will have a great time with or without the race.

Thanks Gobucks. Thing is I was almost thinking of not even going this weekend because of a few things that have come up over the last few months. What it comes down to though is... friends and people having fun. We all have had wonderful times together at races some of us not even at races. We like each other (most of us lol) or we would not be hanging out. I watched many people that I met this summer never even look up at a race just talking and laughing. So why is now a year end get together so different? We have alot to celebrate. A wonderful year with wonderful friends. Like Gobucks said. We miss a 3 hour race.. but we have memories for a lifetime of how much fun we all have together.

rocket
10-28-03, 11:16 PM
Debating here, it's about a 6 hour drive for me, and I'd pry have to kill a vac. day still as originally planned. I can't make a reschedule next week, but the week after I could...if it happens that way. I agree mello...would love to see all you folks one last time this year, but not sure how this will break out over the next couple of days.

RaceGrrl
10-28-03, 11:35 PM
Hey, I want to have the party. I'm looking forward to seeing all my friends. Is there any way we could do a rebroadcast of one of the previous races? At least have it on for the afternoon? If we have a party, race or not, I'm there.

Twisty Bits
10-28-03, 11:35 PM
I also am pretty much locked into this weekend, I agree with you mello and gobucks. The chances of me getting the appropriate time of for a rescheduled race are slim to nil. I'd be into it if we can pull the gang together. If we can't, I'd just have to cross my fingers and hope for the best.

Lizzerd
10-28-03, 11:49 PM
I'm only 2.5 hours away, so if there is a party, race or not, I'll be there. If the race is rescheduled and there is a party then too, I'll be there.

Damn damn damn... what could have been... Dissapointing, but how can we complain when people's lives and property are at stake? Mother Nature kicks CART in the crotch again.