PDA

View Full Version : Did Bruno have a mechanical failure or did he just lose it?

devilmaster
10-26-03, 06:48 PM
The reason i ask is that we didn't get a clear video of his accident, all replays from Aussie 10 were after he hit....

Although the announcers and tv crew didn't see it, there is a far away shot of bruno first hitting the wall.

I was able to make a video of it....

In the clip, watch the top of the screen, notably where the speed logo is. You will see, as the camera pans away, Bruno's car, braking under full tilt, just as he hits the wall hard.

Kinda makes me wonder if he lost a tire or something went wrong...

I'm sure we'll get the answer by next weekend. Anyways, here's the vid, wmv file, 3 megs. Apologise for the quality, its not the best.

http://www.mnsi.net/~smicalef/brunocrash2.wmv

Steve

Accipiter
10-26-03, 07:23 PM
Bruno Junqueria:

On the lap before I crashed, Carpentier hit me. On the next lap I'm not sure if I locked the wheels and lost control of the car on
water.

I'm not sure if he's insinuating anything or not. Shame they didn't show the in-car from Salo.

Canon2292
10-26-03, 11:09 PM
As arrogant and blameless as every driver is, an "I'm not sure..." type of response, to me, is admission to it being a ****-up.

RaceGrrl
10-26-03, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Canon2292
As arrogant and blameless as every driver is, an "I'm not sure..." type of response, to me, is admission to it being a ****-up.

You know, it seems that way to me too. Why even mention that Carp hit him the lap before? It had nothing to do with this incident.

Jonezzy_33
10-27-03, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by RaceGrrl
You know, it seems that way to me too. Why even mention that Carp hit him the lap before? It had nothing to do with this incident.

Good point, there was absolutely no point to say that. :saywhat:

mapguy
10-27-03, 07:21 AM
That was a nice vid of RHR/Jeemy/Manning going around Surfers in slo-mo. Are you trying to derail your own thread?

;)

Tall1
10-27-03, 08:47 AM
He's such a whiner, and always seems to have some lame excuse for his on-track problem(s) just encountered prior to any interview he conducts. Would really like to hear him admit he had brain fade.

Methanolandbrats
10-27-03, 09:09 AM
He had an electrical problem in his head.

JoeBob
10-27-03, 11:26 AM
Looked to me like he just lost it.

anait
10-27-03, 06:16 PM
He can be too easily rattled. I stopped picking him for the fantasy league I'm in b/c I never knew if he'd be in some minor incident that would totally derail his mental focus. Often he can't seem to shake those off.

lone_groover
10-27-03, 06:20 PM
Bruno's a winner and a supastar.

:thumbup:

stools
10-28-03, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by lone_groover
Bruno's a winner and a supastar.

:thumbup:

Bruno's a super whiner:eek: ;) Still watching the race on tape with a few laps to go because I had a wedding to be at. So I don't know if they will interview Bruno or what he will say.Though, if they do I will put money on it that he blames someone or something. The guy is the twitchiest, cry baby driver out there.He's fast and wins but if you calibrated or caculated his whining it would be more than his wins, laps led or poles combined.

RaceGrrl
10-28-03, 09:25 AM
http://www.cart.com/content/photos/2003/By800/20031026P_0045.jpg

Dirty Sanchez
10-28-03, 10:38 AM
I don't think he whined, cried or blamed anyone or anything. That soundbyte was lifted from a much longer quote describing his entire race. I don't understand why he should not mention that Carpentier hit him.

"This result is very frustrating," said Junqueira. "When I was going to stop they had just closed the pits and that ruined my chance to win. I could have come out in third and still had a chance to pass for the win. The yellow and closed pits helped the guys that ended up finishing up front. On the lap before I crashed, Carpentier hit me. On the next lap I'm not sure if I locked the wheels and lost control of the car on water. I tried my best. I had no rear grip earlier and dropped from the lead to third when I couldn't hold off Michel. Adrian was so close to him that he was able to get by me as well. Before the rain it looked like we could win the event. When Paul dropped to the back it looked like we would still have a chance at the championship in Fontana. It's very frustrating but the PacifiCare team tried their best. I am okay but my arm and ribs are sore."

Bruno :thumbup:

mapguy
10-28-03, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by RaceGrrl
http://www.cart.com/content/photos/2003/By800/20031026P_0045.jpg

There he is again. Blue shirt with white stripe above Bruno's rear wing.

Jay
10-28-03, 11:10 AM
According to an Australian poster on another forum who was a photographer on the inside of the chicane, Burno was going into the corner way too fast and just lost it. One of his tires hit the wall so hard that it took a chunk out of the concrete. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any good videos - that picture Racegrrl has is something else though! :eek:

Napoleon
10-28-03, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by mapguy
There he is again. Blue shirt with white stripe above Bruno's rear wing.

Nah, thats not him. The guy isn't holding a beer.

Ankf00
10-28-03, 04:54 PM
junkie.

RichK
10-28-03, 04:58 PM
Look at Bruno's hands in the picture. No wonder he complained of a sore wrist.

Hink
10-28-03, 06:41 PM
I thought he was just trying to start another Hole in the Wall Club.

(ok - that was really bad)

He's not the toughest guy but I do like Junquei.

cartmanoz
10-28-03, 06:43 PM
Bruno blew it. Big time. There was no contact with Patrick to cause the crash.

EDwardo
10-29-03, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Napoleon
Nah, thats not him. The guy isn't holding a beer.

And what is that kid in the white shirt doing that close to the track. The IRL can afford to lose a few fans here and there (they can just fabricate some new aluminum ones any time) but CART needs all of us.

As for Junky's statement, it is rare to hear any driver actually admit to screwing up. It happens but they do seem to tend to look for other explanations!

Kiwifan
10-29-03, 02:31 AM
At the start of the race Bruno took off like a scalded dingo but just before his crash he was visably getting slower and squirrely. It had just started to rain on the back straight when he fell to third and on the next lap around (his crash lap) it was wet on the main straight/chicanes. I believe he just lost it by trying too hard with a failing car but that's just my humble opinion. ;)

Regarding the close proximity of the fans. It's a bit of an optical illusion as there is the catch fence, a two metre gap and then another fence and that is on all the straights. Around the corners and chicanes the distance is much further, ie 5 metres and they all have signage up preventing debris coming through the fences.

Rusty.

mapguy
10-29-03, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by Kiwifan
Bruno took off like a scalded dingo

The dingo ate your baby.