10-26-03, 05:01 PM
PAUL TRACY: I want to say thank you to everybody here that's supported the
series, all the media that supported the series and we're going to be back
here in the future. We're going to be racing here and we're going to be
continuing to be racing. I am not going anywhere. A lot of the champions
have left to go to Formula 1 and I want to continue to try to win some more
championships here.

Dear Mr. Tracy,

On behalf of CART fans everywhere, THANK YOU, for YOUR support of the series. Your loyalty and (often quite vocal) support of OUR series makes your championship so much more befitting. Congratulations, Paul. You were once one of my heroes (all of you guys are my heroes) that I cheered against and often times wished ill will upon. No more. I have been behind you all season this year and CART could not have a more deserving champion. Your never wavering commitment to CART during the turmoil and uncertainty of last two seasons have been an inspiration. Thank you. May there be many more Vanderbilt Cups in your future.

racer2c
10-26-03, 05:13 PM
The man has integrity. Many in his line of work could take a few lessons (to put it mildly).

Bravo Paul!

DaveL
10-26-03, 07:27 PM
Thank YOU Paul.

His ex-teammates decided to be part of the problem. He had the guts to be part of the solution.

Methanolandbrats
10-26-03, 07:44 PM
:thumbup: :thumbup:

Jonezzy_33
10-26-03, 11:57 PM
Gotta love that!!! Give me 22 PTs in this series anyday. This has been one of the best seasons I've had the privilege to watch the last three years. He's been a huge part of it!

:thumbup:

Warlock!
10-27-03, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Lizzerd
a fine quote
Hey Lizz... why don't ya cut and paste that on PT's forum at PaulTracy.com (http://www.paultracy.com/forum/index.php) . If you don't wanna register, I'll post it (giving props to you and OffCamber) since I'm already a member.

(No, not that kind of "member", although I have been called that in many variations)

Warlock!

Andrew Longman
10-27-03, 11:01 AM
And he "ain't gonna drive no crap wagons again" either.

I was never much of a PT fan, and in fact I never rooted for any particular driver, until this year.

When CART was so beleagured, Players/Forsythe and PT stepped up and made their loyalties known. Without them this would have been a very dark year. No one is more deserving.

stools
10-28-03, 01:56 AM
I've watched every race of PT's career and before in Lights. What a career and what a joy to watch. I wasn't even a fan of his early on.Not even close! I have been for awhile now. Even when I didn't root for him he's ALWAYS been my kind of driver errr racer. FAST and AGGRESSIVE. Always going for the win and not the championship. My kind of driver.Very derserved championship!!!!!!!!!:) :) :)

Great for Paul, great for CART!

Chief
10-28-03, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by DaveL
Thank YOU Paul.

His ex-teammates decided to be part of the problem. He had the guts to be part of the solution.

Ditto. Bravo Paul!

Kiwifan
10-29-03, 02:50 AM
After the crowd groan on the first lap, after the tangle with Tag and Roberto, after being three laps down and after hearing he had won the Championship he still went out and drove the wheels off the car, even though he didn't need to turn a wheel after Junkys crash he was still going for it. :)

We tried to get close to the Players pit but as we were at the other end of the track it was just too hard to keep going back in the hope of catching the guys to say "Thank you for supporting CART and thank you for putting my name on PC's car." If anyone knows Paul or his Mom ( ;) ) would ya please tell them the fans are happy. Very happy. :)

Rusty.

formulaben
10-30-03, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Andrew Longman
And he "ain't gonna drive no crap wagons again" either.

I was never much of a PT fan, and in fact I never rooted for any particular driver, until this year.

When CART was so beleagured, Players/Forsythe and PT stepped up and made their loyalties known. Without them this would have been a very dark year. No one is more deserving.

This is so true.

JT265
10-31-03, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Kiwifan
We tried to get close to the Players pit but as we were at the other end of the track it was just too hard to keep going back in the hope of catching the guys to say "Thank you for supporting CART and thank you for putting my name on PC's car." If anyone knows Paul or his Mom ( ;) ) would ya please tell them the fans are happy. Very happy. :)

Rusty.

Done, and it's appreciated too Rusty. ;)

lone_groover
10-31-03, 12:44 AM
Yeah yeah.....and tell those hosers they cut off my first name completely. :flame:

RacinM3
10-31-03, 12:59 AM
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Kiwifan
10-31-03, 02:53 AM
JT, thank you so much. I really appreciate it. The first race I ever saw on TV had Paul tearing up the place with Penske. That day, for no other reason than I thought he could drive I "chose" him as my guy. My son "took" Micheal Andretti. How the paths of these guys have altered. :) :(

I wish Paul would drive like me, ever cautious, take no risks but that's not his style. He really drives like he stole it. Well done mate, well done. :thumbup:

Rusty.

JT265
10-31-03, 09:09 AM
You mean, like _groover?

That's just mean. ;)

cart7
10-31-03, 05:11 PM
:thumbup: PT is da man this year. :thumbup: Well said.