10-26-03, 03:26 AM
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!

http://canflag.ptbcanadian.com/images/animated/waving/canadaa.gif

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Steve

Jay
10-26-03, 03:31 AM
What he said! :D

Major Congrats to PT!! ...and also Ryan Hunter-Reay. I have to admit I was going for Darren, a personal favorite more for his personality than anything else and I'm sure he'll have his turn soon.

For Canada though, it's a day (night) to celebrate! :D

JAM26
10-26-03, 03:46 AM
I wish I had people here to party with all night. That was a dramatic way to win it! Way to go PT! I wish I could be there with them, actually! That will be some party. And to boot...my name was on the car. This will remain one of the highlights of my life, seeing Paul and Team Players take the championship during their last effort. I wish Greggy were here to enjoy it.

mapguy
10-26-03, 08:09 AM
http://www.cart.com/Content/Photos/2003/By400/20030223P_0018.jpg

:thumbup:

Great to see PT add the Vanderbilt Cup to the Borg Warner he won last year.

chop456
10-26-03, 08:55 AM
Congrats to PT. I wish we could have seen the battle carry on to the last race, but oh well.

And way to reward PT's stupid driving, Junky. :shakehead:

Railbird
10-26-03, 10:13 AM
My boy finaly collects a cup!

OOhhh Canada!

Been following that meathead since his "Thrill from West Hill" days in the pages of "On Track".

wasn't sure he would ever quit throwing opportunities out the window.

You da boss applesauce.

and a shout out to RHR for a fine performance.

nrc
10-26-03, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Railbird
wasn't sure he would ever quit throwing opportunities out the window.

He didn't. He just cut back a bit.

Accipiter
10-26-03, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by devilmaster
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!

D'OH!

RTKar
10-26-03, 11:41 AM
About time he won...and it looks like we'll have a returning series champion too....Wish it could have gone til the last race....I imagine now they'll be taking it a little easier next week as well.

JT265
10-26-03, 11:47 AM
Great effort by the entire team, props to PT, as well as RHR and ASTJ, great stuff all.

(and that includes Bruno, t'was a fine stuff into the wall that took the pressure off) :D

RHR_Fan
10-26-03, 12:12 PM
Yay Ryan!!!

http://www.cart.com/Content/Photos/2003/By400/20031026P_0009.jpg

~Nicole

RaceChic
10-26-03, 12:53 PM
Way to go to Team Player's and PT!!!! Patrick Carpentier is all class! :thumbup:

http://www.cart.com/Content/Photos/2003/By400/20031026P_0010.jpg

Honestly though, Ryan Hunter-Reay winning his first CART race in his rookie year was my highlight! I only hope that the 1-3 finish for him and Jeeemy for American Spirit Team Johanssen will secure them a sponsor and ensure that they will all be in CART next year. :D

fourrunner
10-26-03, 03:27 PM
Congratulations Paul Tracy !!!

Hard work well rewarded!!

Also that was a Pretty Nice Podium, Not a bum in the lot!

Bodes well for the future! :thumbup: :thumbup:

lone_groover
10-26-03, 10:36 PM
Great PT.
Great PF.
Great race.
Great podium.
Great season Bruno.
Great seeing Daryl Beattie fit and healthy.

GREAT!

:) :thumbup:

ChrisB
10-26-03, 11:49 PM
Congrats PT! Great to see him FINALLY get the CART National Championship!

And congrats to RHR too!

Overall, a bit of a messy race, but a very good outcome.

Jonezzy_33
10-27-03, 12:09 AM
That was a very enjoyable race. There seemed to be this aura of uncertainty about what might happen next. I was thinking RHR, Jimmy, and Darren were out of sequence, I did not expect to see them all three there at the end. I didn't see RHR winning at all! I was really happy for a great finish to ASTJ and Darren.

I was also starting to think that we were going to have to wait until next weekend to see the Championship decided. I am really happy for Paul. His emotions afterwards showed me how much it meant to him, and that was the best. Plus, it was awesome seeing the guy whose stayed with the series through the crap the last year win it all and I can't think of a more deserving champion. I really thought it was over for him after he got put three laps down.

Napoleon
10-30-03, 09:23 AM
Finally got to watch the end of the race last night (I started watching Sunday night and just finished yesterday).

Congrates PT and RHR.

:thumbup: