PDA

View Full Version : Foyt Futility Thread 10/24 - 10/26

devilmaster
10-24-03, 07:35 PM
Larry is back in the car! :laugh:

There are 49 cars qualifying as we speak.

Larry has already put his lap down and currently is 45 out of 49. <-- final numbers

6 cars going home. We'll just have to wait and see.

The tension is killing me! ;) :laugh:

Steve

pchall
10-24-03, 07:42 PM
Steve is quicker to post once more: I'm still waiting for crash.net to put the quals results up.

Somewhere I read that Larry was out of the car due to injury. Did he hurt anything besides his ego?

devilmaster
10-24-03, 08:56 PM
with 49 cars tryin to qualify, Larry needed to beat 13 other cars to ensure he was in.

Would he? could he?

nope.

goin home. Thus ends this week's installment of the futility thread.

:shakehead :laugh: :rofl: :laugh:

Steve

pchall
10-24-03, 09:00 PM
Damn, this is getting boring.

Couldn't he at least qualify DFL and then fade back behind all the provisionals in the first few laps on Sunday to give us something to post about?

cart7
10-24-03, 09:18 PM
Perhaps Harrah's has scaled back their sponsorship program with Foyt to include qualifying sessions only. :gomer:

devilmaster
10-24-03, 09:23 PM
To make it even funnier, Foyt brought both the 14 and the 50 cars to see which had a better chance of qualifying.

the 14 had a better chance, they ran it, and this is where it got them. :rolleyes:

Steve

DaveL
10-24-03, 10:25 PM
And according to my sources, not only did the transporter driver leave the engine running, but he didn't even have to finish his lunch before he had to head for home.

mapguy
10-25-03, 09:31 AM
I guess it is time to close out part of the Foyt Futility for 2003 and give a shout out to AJ IV. Some of his accomplishments for 2003 are:

- No finishes on the lead lap.
- No laps lead.
- 3 retirements due to accidents.
- 2 retirements due to *cough* too slow *cough* handling.

In checking out his bio one of his claims to 'fame' was beating up on a bunch of SCCA Regional racers to win the 2001 South West Regional SCCA FC title with 6 wins in 9 starts. I guess he better have consindering he was probably in a 2001 Van Dieman with a pro crew looking after it, but I digress.

And another tid bit onto why AJ IV is so slow. His crew cheif was the same one that AJ done won Indy with. I can imagine it now. The senile old fart looks into the front bulkhead of the chassis and wonders aloud "Where in the hell is the motor? And what is all this black plastic stuff?"

Also AJ IV has a shoe fetish.

ā€œIā€™m a shoe freak. I like different kinds of shoes, not just regular shoes.ā€

Pumps?

Napoleon
10-25-03, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by mapguy
I guess he better have consindering he was probably in a 2001 Van Dieman with a pro crew looking after it, but I digress.

Actually going from memory I think he ran a Tatus (one of the only people who has), not a Van Dieman. I recall laughing about it at the time because its a foreign make, while the vast majority of people run domestic cars.

I am glad the Foyts were doing their best to undermine domestic race car fabricators.

Jonezzy_33
10-25-03, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by DaveL
And according to my sources, not only did the transporter driver leave the engine running, but he didn't even have to finish his lunch before he had to head for home. :rofl:

JT265
10-25-03, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by DaveL
And according to my sources, not only did the transporter driver leave the engine running, but he didn't even have to finish his lunch before he had to head for home.

And now this. Word from the FHWA is that Larry's transporter driver can log his trackside time as "off-duty'.

At least ol' Sammich is keeping the truckstops busy.