PDA

View Full Version : The Truth

Railbird
10-21-03, 11:48 AM
Is back to it's normal starting time this week.

7p to 9p Indy time

R says the show will be scaled back to one hour starting next week.

I'm going to email Greg Rakestraw, first to tell him that I appreciate the show and secondly to complain about the show being cut back to an hour.

greg@espn950.com

fourrunner
10-21-03, 09:02 PM
Congrats Railbird on getting your E-Mail read on the air, and not one disagreement from the panel!!

Whats this about the show being canceled, or were they just fooling around???.... I didn't tune in till 8:30PM Eastern!!

That would be depressing!!:(

Cam
10-21-03, 09:40 PM
I think I have the show recorded! :D

Edit" Yes I do have it recorded!

Railbird
10-21-03, 10:29 PM
Good deal Cam!

I may have to borrow it..;)

Must have been a slow night for emails as they read three of mine.

I know, I have no life.

I'm on vacation and that's the kind of "no life" I enjoy.

Cam
10-21-03, 10:34 PM
Well.... after all the experimenting..... Its a 30MB MP3.... (hell its 2 hours of audio!!! You should see the size of the .au and .wav file it originally created!) II will burn it to a CD for ya 'bird!

Maybe tomorrow I can figure a way to stream it.... :saywhat:

nrc
10-22-03, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Railbird
Must have been a slow night for emails as they read three of mine.

Cool. Did you set the record straight on Forsythe's supposed Golf Course?

Railbird
11-04-03, 08:51 PM
just a reminder:

the one hour version kicks off at the top of the hour.

Ziggy
11-04-03, 10:07 PM
Sucks about Manning. I figured he was smarter than that

Ziggy

Railbird
11-04-03, 10:15 PM
gotta follow the buck Zig

after reading his words it sounds like he is aware of the risk.

and of course we all know Brian and Tony are burning the midnight oil searching for an answer.

they have to, stepson Ed is testing tomorrow according to what I just heard

racer2c
11-04-03, 10:26 PM
Hope he makes it out the other side in one peice...and I mean that.

Jay
11-04-03, 11:22 PM
Manning isn't chasing the buck, he's just chasing a guaranteed ride with a top team. Sadly, CART can't even offer him any ride, unless he brings money right now. He understands the risk, but he is a hardcore racer at heart - and he wants to make sure he'll be racing next year. As has been said, I just hope he comes out in one piece - becuase if he does, I'm sure he'll be back in CART when someone wants to give him a ride.

Ziggy
11-05-03, 12:27 AM
Just disappointing in this day and age for someone to throw caution to the wind, to race in front of no one.

And such challenging tracks......

at such exotic locations.....

in front of adoring crowds.....

what is up with this?

No NASCAR rides? The writing is on the wall,

Oops

He cleared the wall, didnt he?

Ziggy

Kiwifan
11-05-03, 03:09 AM
Ziggy, Ziggy, Ziggy, you pull no punches eh? :) I think I'd rather be your friend rather than....

My wife and I were watching The Living Channel (yeah, I know ) and they had one of those Antique shows on and it was coming from Indianapolis. As a background to the show they showed the Speedway, right from day one. Right from the first brick. Right from when it was the Brickyard. The place has no special feeling for me as I'm miles away, not been there, chances are I'll never make it but, just for a moment I found myself drawn in to what it must have been like I stopped and thought, now I see why some of the guys hate TG with a passion. They loved the place. They loved it, pure and simple. Is that the Truth?

Sorry to hijack the thread here. :o

Rusty.

rabbit
11-05-03, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Kiwifan
.... Right from the first brick. Right from when it was the Brickyard. The place has no special feeling for me as I'm miles away, not been there, chances are I'll never make it but, just for a moment I found myself drawn in to what it must have been like I stopped and thought, now I see why some of the guys hate TG with a passion. They loved the place. They loved it, pure and simple. Is that the Truth? .... Pretty much sums up how a lot of us feel.

sundaydriver
11-05-03, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Jay
Manning isn't chasing the buck, he's just chasing a guaranteed ride with a top team. Sadly, CART can't even offer him any ride, unless he brings money right now. He understands the risk, but he is a hardcore racer at heart - and he wants to make sure he'll be racing next year. As has been said, I just hope he comes out in one piece - becuase if he does, I'm sure he'll be back in CART when someone wants to give him a ride.

Dude you need to get a clue. CART is no longer.

And BTW, there are teams out there willing to pay for his services without bringing money.

JoeBob
11-05-03, 01:38 PM
I look at it this way. Manning is a guy who has worked his butt off his entire career to get to the top. He's probably having more money waved under his nose for next season than he's made his entire career.

Remember the SPEED Feature where they followed him around? The guy was living in an empty apartment in Indy, driving a Crown Victoria that Ford gave him to use during the season. We're not talking about a guy who lands his personal helicopter in the backyard of his movie star wife's estate.

He's got an opportunity to get rich racing cars. He knows the risks, but he also knows the rewards. When you're in the spot he is in, its tough to say no to that sort of deal.

The guys who are rich and choose to get richer rather than doing what they really want to do are greedy bastards. I have a harder time saying that about a guy who is putting his own desires aside for a little while in order to become rich.

chop456
11-05-03, 01:58 PM
If F1 is even a small part of this, I wonder who's closer to getting a genuine test? While Dixon has been a loyal Toyota musher, Manning actually has F1 seat time, albeit with Honda.

Good luck Darren - hopefully you won't need it.

racer2c
11-05-03, 03:01 PM
"Ninth place hot shoe on route to F1 via IRL".

I can see the headlines now. :gomer:

Jay
11-05-03, 08:30 PM
Joe Bob has it! Darren loves to race, and he'll race anywhere, but he does not have the money to get a paying ride (which most are). I have no doubt that he has looked (and hopefully still is) for a ride in CART, but failing that, having spoken with Darren on the subject earlier in the season, I'm sure he'd be willing to race elsewhere - though the danger of the IRL would make any sane person have second thoughts.

sundaydriver, I have no doubts that if there is a CART (or whatever it's going to be called) team willing to pay for his services he'd be there.

Ankf00
11-05-03, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by sundaydriver
Dude you need to get a clue. CART is no longer.

And BTW, there are teams out there willing to pay for his services without bringing money.
like?

RTKar
11-05-03, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Kiwifan
Ziggy, Ziggy, Ziggy, you pull no punches eh? :) I think I'd rather be your friend rather than....

Right from the first brick. Right from when it was the Brickyard. The place has no special feeling for me as I'm miles away, not been there, chances are I'll never make it but, just for a moment I found myself drawn in to what it must have been like I stopped and thought, now I see why some of the guys hate TG with a passion. They loved the place. They loved it, pure and simple. Is that the Truth?

:o

Rusty.

Yup, it's the truth, the speedway is still an awesome place. You can almost feel the history while walking around the grounds. Just look back at some of the names that have raced there, the effort expended and unfortunately, the lives lost, to win one race... I would think any long time fan is touched by a sense of history when thinking of Indy.... It's such a shame the 500 has become a caricature of itself.

sundaydriver
11-06-03, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Ankf00
like?

Gentelozzi, Kalkoven, Forsythe, Newman/Haas, and Coyne.

The point is that CART doesn't offer anybody a ride, the teams do. And there are plenty of teams that could offer him a ride if they wanted to. I'm sure of Darren was good enough, a team would make the necessary arrangements to offer him a ride.

I guess the Fatassi ride was the best one he could get. I hope he doesn't get hurt but the guys seat he is filling didn't even make it through his first day. :thumdown: