PDA

View Full Version : Why would Forsythe spend the money?

nrc
10-21-03, 12:42 AM
This simply makes no sense to me. Gerald Forsythe has a plan underway to build his own private 18 hole golf course (http://www.lohmann.com/inthenews_canyata.html) on his 290 acre estate in Illinois.

What could he be thinking? He will spend millions building and maintaining this course and I see no way that it can ever turn a profit. And that's assuming he can even finish it. Nobody has proven to me that he even has the money to complete the project to begin with.

Ok sure, he's already spent millions on the first nine holes, but nobody can prove that he is truly committed to completing the other nine, or that he won't just abandon the whole thing once he sees how much it will cost to maintain. Clearly Gerald Forsythe is just a monied lunatic with no business sense whatsoever. ;) (ttp://www.trackforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=34329)

rocket
10-21-03, 12:55 AM
:rofl: I know where you've been reading today:D

FJW:thumbup:

rabbit
10-21-03, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by rocket
:rofl: I know where you've been reading today:D

FJW:thumbup: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Treeface
10-21-03, 01:45 AM
A man of vision would have asked his mommy if it was OK before building.

:rofl:

Robstar
10-21-03, 03:05 AM
If ya got it... flaunt it...
:cool:

JT265
10-21-03, 08:52 AM
Reality is for those of us that can't handle drugs. Great parody NRC! :D

cart7
10-21-03, 08:54 AM
Geez Jim, don't you have anything better to do than obcess on Cart, why ...........

oops, wrong forum. :laugh:

Railbird
10-21-03, 09:35 AM
Yeah, well this guy Lohmann just got lucky riding the private golf course rage and guessing when to putt out. Who's to say he's really committed to the full eighteen?

He has no record as a real golfer and I haven't seen any evidence of his ability to do the heavy lifting.

And who's to say whether Forsythe is actually rich?

I've searched my fingers to the bone and can't dig up any proof of his personal wealth.

and why aren't these two busy banging the drum about this project?

I know if I had two cents to rub together I would brag about it incessantly.

mapguy
10-21-03, 09:56 AM
nrc and Railbird! :D :thumbup:

sundaydriver
10-21-03, 01:42 PM
Forsythe (Indeck) is also building a billion dollar power plant in Illinois. I hope he has the money to do it. :shakehead

FJW is right. :gomer:

Corner5
10-22-03, 12:43 PM
Great stuff, now I don't have to go there!!:gomer: :laugh: :laugh:

"If you build it, they will come" :cool:

owfan
10-22-03, 06:07 PM
Why would anyone chose to do this?

Because they can, maybe.

GF : Hi 'prospective billion dollar power plant owner' when do you think your design people can go over the plans.
PBDPPO : Sorry Gerry but we are really bogged down.
GF : Your guys all like to golf right.
PBDPPO : Absolutely.
GF : Well why don't I fly everyone out to my place, we can do nine holes, go over the plans, and then do another nine.
PBDPPO : It's a long way from Korea to Indiana.
GF : Listen, why don't you all enjoy the CART race in Seoul as my guests, and we can talk about it then. I'll introduce your daughter to Paul Tracy.

Or something like that. :)

Jag_Warrior
10-23-03, 06:25 AM
For all I know, this 18 hole course is just a rumor. Til my "friend" at AR1 puts up a story, I ain't believin' it! :gomer:

Wally
10-23-03, 12:06 PM
Maybe Jerry wants to do the Jim McMahon.......you know play eighteen naked.:D