PDA

View Full Version : CART on MTV?

molive
10-20-03, 11:38 PM
CBS to show 10 races next year, instead of 07 they did this year.

The other races may be shown by MTV and SpikeTV, both supposed to have better ratings than SpeedTV.

:cool:

Ankf00
10-21-03, 01:05 AM
both are on BASIC cable everywhere. huuuuge exposure improvement over speed. and if CART keeps producing their own races, nice advantage over the old ESPN :)
and please god let it be TNN, don't need carson daly or some other new reject doing pit commentary for "ratings."

RaceChic
10-21-03, 07:07 AM
I've never heard od Spike TV. I'm assuming (and hoping) that TSN will pick up those in Canada??? :confused:

molive
10-21-03, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by RaceChic
I've never heard od Spike TV.

As a Race"chic" you're not part of their intended audience...:)

"Spike TV, America's network for men, is available in 86 million homes and is a division of MTV Networks. MTV Networks owns and operates the cable television programming services MTV: Music Television, MTV2, Nickelodeon/Nick at Nite, TV Land, VH1, CMT: Country Music Television, and Spike TV, as well as The Digital Suite from MTV Networks, a package of thirteen digital services, all of which are trademarks of MTV Networks. MTV Networks also operates and offers joint ventures, licensing agreements and syndication deals whereby its programming can be seen worldwide."

Warlock!
10-21-03, 08:30 AM
I've never heard od Spike TV. :confused:
Confused again... go figure. ;)

TNN renamed itself Spike TV a few months ago. Not a new channel, just a new "vision", so to speak.

Warlock!

jonovision_man
10-21-03, 10:00 AM
I've never heard od Spike TV. I'm assuming (and hoping) that TSN will pick up those in Canada??? :confused:

If you have TSN, you almost certainly have Spike, so either way you're covered in Canada.

Spike is a bit ridiculous...

"The Nashville Network"
"The National Network"
"The First Network for Men"
"Spike"

It's a good way to target the "Maxim" crowd, men in their 20's-40's, which is where CART should be. Could help make CART cool, which it's sadly not right now.

jono

pchall
10-21-03, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Warlock!

TNN renamed itself Spike TV a few months ago. Not a new channel, just a new "vision", so to speak.

Warlock!

When are nrc and railbird going to jump into this thread with their D&G analysis of this failure of Vision at TNN?

;)