channel ten
he metioned that he will be atteneding
the sufers event but in his own words
will be just hangin
could we read anything into his visit
or is he just starved of some real racing??????:saywhat:

RaceChic
10-19-03, 07:55 AM
Hard to tell. There have been a lot of rumours circulating that he will be going to Newman-Haas. Then Michael Andretti was quoted as saying that he talks to Dario all the time, he is already signed for 2004, and that he will be driving for him next year. :confused:

Fenster
10-19-03, 01:14 PM
With Andretti for next year according to RM. Talk apparently fell short with N-H. He was also at Texas to 'support Kanaan' and the team. Looks like he is earl bound for another year.

--Fenster.

lateralus42
10-19-03, 02:58 PM
I know that Dario is trying to find a way to get back to CART. I have family back in Scotland who know some people that Dario knows. He isnt happy in the IRL, he thinks its a big joke and too unsafe. Its no surprise he would end up at Surfers, look for him to try and make a deal before its too late.

DaveL
10-19-03, 11:43 PM
If Dashley never turns another lap in CART competition it will be fine with me. That holds true for anyone who choose to associate with that piece of crap ingrate team owner.

chop456
10-19-03, 11:45 PM
He's getting motorcycle riding lessons. :D

I will give Dashley his props, though. Let's remember that if not for Barry Green's refusal to institute team orders, Dario would have beaten Montoya for the championship.

RaceChic
10-20-03, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by DaveL
If Dashley never turns another lap in CART competition it will be fine with me. That holds true for anyone who choose to associate with that piece of crap ingrate team owner.

I agree if they stay there when there are options for them in CART.
However, I'd rather them in our series, increasing our car count and bringing teams and any sponsors they may have with them. Better than leaving all of that in the hands of the IRL. Plus I think it looks good on the IRL if they go there for a while and then choose to come back to CART rather than stay there. Not exactly a vote of confidence for the IRL if they do that. :laugh:

Ed_Severson
10-20-03, 11:33 AM
He should stay in the minors. They deserve each other.

RaceGrrl
10-20-03, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Ed_Severson
He should stay in the minors. They deserve each other.

So does that mean that CART deserves the like of Boss, Salles and Lavin?

Dario never spewed the pro-IRL crap that Whiney Andretti or Widdle Al did.
If Dario wants to come back, then I'd welcome him back. Franchitti is a good driver. You don't have to like or support him, but his talent would be good for the series and it would give people someone to cheer against.

jonovision_man
10-20-03, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by RaceGrrl
If Dario wants to come back, then I'd welcome him back. Franchitti is a good driver. You don't have to like or support him, but his talent would be good for the series and it would give people someone to cheer against.

Exactly. Hearing that talented drivers still want to come to CART is good news, certainly wasn't the case last year.

Franchitti probably thought the writing was on the wall at CART, and now that's it's survived and will be under new ownership, he's probably realizing his mistake.

He was fun to watch, he's a good driver, I for one hope he comes back.

It's like Penske - so many people were anti-Penkse, but having a villian to root against makes it so much more fun.

jono

mapguy
10-20-03, 02:34 PM
I, for one, don't miss him and his whiney yap one little bit. He made his own bed and he can lie in it.

Hey Dashley, how's that BAR/Honda test coming along?

:thumdown:

Lizzerd
10-20-03, 03:56 PM
I would welcome Dario back, with reservation. He followed the Big Yen to keep the primo seat he had in CART at a time when good rides were fading fast and CART's future was somewhat uncertain. Can't really blame the guy for that. He would raise the level of the talent pool, too (as well as the level of the whiner pool).

HOWEVER, this race fan won't be cheering him on.

Railbird
10-20-03, 06:10 PM
IMHO Dario was over-rated during his last years in CART, I'd rather see a young gun like Pantano get the seat.

cart7
10-20-03, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Railbird
IMHO Dario was over-rated during his last years in CART, I'd rather see a young gun like Pantano get the seat.

:D One of the hardest chargers on the F3000 circuit the last 2 years. :thumbup:

Dvdb
10-20-03, 09:37 PM
Two words......Ashley

Nasty500
10-20-03, 09:51 PM
I really think that Dario was kind of trapped or cornered. He is making big bucks with AG racing and had little otions at the end of last year. If he comes to CART now he will probably take a big pay cut. It seems pretty obvious his heart is not in it at all. He will be back eventually. I hope he doesn't get hurt first.

Ed_Severson
10-20-03, 11:51 PM
"So does that mean that CART deserves the like of Boss, Salles and Lavin?"

That's an incongruous question, so I won't bother answering it.

"Dario never spewed the pro-IRL crap that Whiney Andretti or Widdle Al did."

Nope. All we ever heard about was how much he loved Champ Car racing. And then he was gone. Apparently, he loves money more than his principles.

Bottom line, he had a choice. He made his choice, and now I've made mine. I was as big a fan of Dario as you'll find, before he sold out. As far as I'm concerned now, he's retired, and he might as well stay that way, talent or not.

One thing I don't understand about you folks that wish we had Franchitti, Dixon, et al back ... everybody loves to beam about how nice they were, how much they loved CART, blah blah blah. But the fact of the matter is that you learn more about a man's character when times are hard than you ever do when things are going smoothly.

Every single one of those guys abandoned CART when things got rough. I don't care if they were all Ayrton Senna reincarnated -- their decision to walk away from actual racing and the fans that made their careers should be all anybody needs to know about them.

Respect is earned, and that doesn't happen by continuously taking the easy way out.

I hated Paul Tracy, but I'll be a Paul Tracy fan until the day I die because Paul Tracy is a man who knows what it means to do what's right, not what's right for your pocketbook.

The rest of 'em? I have a hard time giving a damn what happens to any of them anymore. They left us.

So long, suckers.

DaveL
10-21-03, 12:35 AM
I hated Paul Tracy, but I'll be a Paul Tracy fan until the day I die because Paul Tracy is a man who knows what it means to do what's right, not what's right for your pocketbook.

Thank you. :thumbup:

mapguy
10-21-03, 08:16 AM
:thumbup: :thumbup: Well said Ed.

Warlock!
10-21-03, 08:36 AM
a damn good post
Right on, bruthah...

Warlock!

jonovision_man
10-21-03, 10:10 AM

Are you sure? He got some good $$$ from Player's to be there for their last year. Remember that they were reportedly bidding on Jacques, they had some cash to throw around.

Not to mention that he might go to NASCAR?

jono

mapguy
10-21-03, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by jonovision_man
Are you sure? He got some good $$$ from Player's to be there for their last year. Remember that they were reportedly bidding on Jacques, they had some cash to throw around.

Not to mention that he might go to NASCAR?

jono

PT had an offer from AGR for a lot more money to race in Formula Tony.

Andrew Longman
10-21-03, 10:49 AM
Paul Tracy "I ain't gonna drive no crapwagon"

Ever dear to my heart.

Guys like Gil, Helio and Dixon get some sympathy because they were under contract and as far as I know they could only sit out the duration of the contract.

Once in the IRL I also don't blame them for doing all the PR stuff you expect every driver to do in order to make the product more attractive. Just doing the job.

But at least Tracy had the chance to make his choice and he made it clearly (though I guess he also did the PR things to make his product look best... except I'm buying his line).

mueber
10-21-03, 08:16 PM
I welcome anyone to the series who can generate sponsorship, media coverage, and public interest so Ashley can return any time she wants.

As for Dario, I think he's a legend in his own mind, but he is certainly better on all counts than some of the drivers on the grid nowadays so he's welcome back too.

Penske on the other hand can stay where he is.

Corner5
10-22-03, 12:51 PM
I remember at the CART banquet last year,Dario said he would see all his old racing buddies at Surfer's this year in his good-bye speech. Those guys like the party.

I think Dario caught up in the "CART is dead " thing along with his agent. I would like to see him back from irl. What the heck,why not?

stools
10-25-03, 12:57 PM
I echo most of the sentiments spoken here. What's best for CART in the end is the best for CART and that's the most important to me. I always thought he was a bad teammate whomever he was teamed up with. I didn't think he was all that great but I know he's a draw. Even before him becoming Mr. Judd. If people want him back and will root for him great. Yeah, he can come back but I won't root for him either.

He definitely made his bed. Others had to make "tough" decisions too and they didn't side with the devil when he was being offered rides in CART.It's not like he didn't have options like others.People like him and Andretti only solidified CART being in a pickle. That whole "CART is dead" bit.....people like him PUT CART there because of their choices.He can live with the fact that there are as many fans who don't like him now because of his decisions, as fans who will always follow him. I too disliked Paul Tracy early in his career but love his driving style.He's my man now for many reasons.

I just find it funny how much buzz Dario creates. He doesn't win all that much, no championship, he's a whiney butt type in interviews, he didn't get along very well with Michael when teammates but now is his pitchman when Michael's his owner? I don't buy any of it.It just goes to show what a draw Ashley is and we hardly get to see her at the tracks

:)

Railbird
10-25-03, 01:14 PM
we hardly get to see her at the tracks

for all the buzz that skinny little waif generates you would think we were going to see her in the buff rather than just at the tracks.

stools
10-25-03, 01:20 PM

for all the buzz that skinny little waif generates you would think we were going to see her in the buff rather than just at the tracks.

Don't get me wrong, I like her.Though she's hardly that great for fans to pick series over just for her:eek:

There's far more hot ones out there than her. Plus, I've already seen her in the buff in her early movies:rolleyes:

RaceGrrl
10-25-03, 02:04 PM

If you're interested in seeing that, rent the movie "Norma Jean and Marilyn."
:D

stools
10-25-03, 02:08 PM
I take it she's butt ass naked?:p Way gooder stuff ha.

racer2c
10-25-03, 02:38 PM
What's a Franchitti?

stools
10-25-03, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by racer2c
What's a Franchitti?

A very bad Scottish/Italian dish. Don't eat it , it will make you sick. :p

nrc
10-25-03, 03:23 PM
Spaghetti steamed in a goat stomach perhaps?

Having Franchitti back would be a good thing. Some folks need a driver to root against.

stools
10-25-03, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by nrc
Spaghetti steamed in a goat stomach perhaps?

Having Franchitti back would be a good thing. Some folks need a driver to root against.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM goat stomach, I'm getting very hungry all of a sudden:eek:

Yep, like I said even though I won't root for him he would be good for the series. Don't worry though no matter how much I love the CART series there is always a bunch of drivers I don't root for.Funny thing is as time goes by those drivers I find something in and then don't dislike as much. But than of course a new one comes along and bam I have another one to root against. We don't need Dario we have Bruno to root against:eek:

When we say root against it has to be a front runner because it's always easy to root against a backmarker.

jonovision_man
10-25-03, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by stools
I just find it funny how much buzz Dario creates. He doesn't win all that much, no championship, he's a whiney butt type in interviews, he didn't get along very well with Michael when teammates but now is his pitchman when Michael's his owner?

He's won a lot of races, He's been there for some great CART moments, not the least of which was him pushing Juan to the last race for the title. So he didn't win it, big deal, it was fun to watch.

He's a good competent driver, and with his road racing abilities it's a shame to see him rising death in the IRL... I hope he comes back.

Race car drivers are allowed to be arrogant, IMO, comes with the territory.

jono

nrc
10-25-03, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by jonovision_man
He's a good competent driver, and with his road racing abilities it's a shame to see him rising death in the IRL... I hope he comes back.

He's risking death everytime he gets out of bed in the morning, nevermind going 230 in a Champ car at Fontana. I understand your point, but fate is still a fickle thing and I hate stirring any bad kharma with Fontana just around the corner.

stools
10-25-03, 04:34 PM
He's risking his life everytime he cralls INTO bed with Ashley:eek: :rolleyes:

Just to get him out of the EARL and away from that ****hole is enough to want to get him back in CART.

He was never good on ovals anyway so what's the point of him being in the IRL?

stools
10-25-03, 04:37 PM
In the EARL crawl is spelled crall apparently? In CART I spell it crawl. Sure am doin' a lot gooder with my spellin'.:eek:

RaceGrrl
10-25-03, 05:11 PM
He was never good on ovals anyway so what's the point of him being in the IRL?

1. Honda bucks
2. He believed the crap he was fed about it being a route to F1.

jonovision_man
10-25-03, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by nrc
He's risking death everytime he gets out of bed in the morning, nevermind going 230 in a Champ car at Fontana. I understand your point, but fate is still a fickle thing and I hate stirring any bad kharma with Fontana just around the corner.

What I was getting at it that he's risking death on those IRL ovals when it's not his competency. It's pointless for him to be there, come back to road racing, Dario.

jono

JT265
10-25-03, 06:44 PM
He's risking his life everytime he cralls INTO bed with Ashley:eek: :rolleyes:

So am I. :eek: :D

JT265
10-25-03, 06:46 PM
Halle Berry now, I'd walk thru fire, and do all sorts of lewd and nasty things I shan't discuss on this forum, just to bring a huge grin to her ever-so-sweet cheeks.

And put a smile on her face too. :D

stools
10-25-03, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by JT265
Halle Berry now, I'd walk thru fire, and do all sorts of lewd and nasty things I shan't discuss on this forum, just to bring a huge grin to her ever-so-sweet cheeks.

And put a smile on her face too. :D

oh but shan't do tell us..doooo:rolleyes: :p

lone_groover
10-25-03, 08:53 PM
JT, as Chuck Barris would say, you are one frisky ras-cĂșle.

;)

cartmanoz
10-26-03, 07:45 AM
I'd welcome back Dario. He is a talented road-racer and is wasted in the roundy-round series. He is a drawcard, despite what some people may think of him, and if that gets butts in seats and people tuning in on TV, then so be it.

But I won't ever cheer for him again. He, along with so many others, proved to be nothing more than a sell-out to the highest bidder.

Treeface
10-26-03, 12:11 PM
don't tell me you're innocent, Dario. Admit what you did . . . Don't be afraid, Dario. We'll put you on the track at Vegas . . . Only don't tell me you're innocent. Because it insults my intelligence -- and makes me very angry.

;)

Steve99
10-28-03, 05:14 PM
I think Dario got brainwashed by the "CART is dead" mantra Andretti and Green were chanting. I'd welcome him back. Remember, he was within one wheel nut of winning the championshop over JPM.

jons
10-29-03, 10:16 PM
Add my name to those who would be happy to have him back. There is no denying that he is a very good driver and I enjoy watching his smooth style. It isn't really a big deal if he gets bent out of shape after something bad happens on the track and its not as though I will ever hang out with him.