PDA

View Full Version : Layoffs at CART

trubritz
10-17-03, 06:05 PM
Heard today that CART has laid off another 10 people including Adam Saal and Rena Shanaman plus some of the marketing dept.

EDIT : Here's a link to the Star, I was told by a current CART employee this afternoon - I don't read the Star everyday.

http://www.indystar.com/print/articles/9/083950-8479-037.html

RaceChic
10-17-03, 07:34 PM
I hope for these people to successfuly get jobs elsewhere soon. :)

RaceGrrl
10-17-03, 08:17 PM
Adam Saal is a nice guy, he was one of the CART guys who hung around after the Town Meeting and had a drink with some of us. Good luck, Adam.

I also hope that Randy wasn't affected by the layoffs. He was a help to OffCamber in arranging freebies for MidOhio at the Mansfield News Journal tent. Can I just say, the job market sucks.

JoeBob
10-17-03, 10:18 PM
I think Adam Saal had actually given CART his notice, and wasn't part of the layoffs.

Turn7
10-18-03, 12:05 AM
Layoffs suck anytime. They had to have the feeling that this would be happening though. A company can't bleed for too long before the axe starts to swing.

I feel sorry for those effected but, they will end up with a better job. People always do.

nrc
10-19-03, 12:02 AM
I know the feeling. I lost my job on Wednesday and got it back on Thursday. :eek:

I'm always sorry to hear about someone losing their job, but I think the new CART will look a lot more like the old CART - focused on running races and leaving everything else to promoters and partners.

turn1
10-21-03, 01:34 PM
It is a shame to see Rena leave CART. She is extremely talented and committed to the sport. Is this progress?