PDA

View Full Version : Motorock not in Monterrey

Opposite Lock
10-16-03, 10:30 PM
Glad they didn't attempt this as a combined weekend:
MMM (http://au.news.yahoo.com/031016/11/m41u.html)

Someone in the entertainment community had to have considered it.

in case my linking skills are lacking:
Friday October 17, 05:30 AM

Mexican Evangelists Pray for 'Evil' Marilyn Manson

Dozens of Bible-wielding Mexican evangelical Christians prayed for the soul of Marilyn Manson on
a protest against a planned concert by the shock rocker.
About 100 people sang hymns and prayed outside local government buildings in the center of the northern city of Monterrey, where Manson, infamous for ripping up Bibles and invoking Satan on stage, is to play on Nov. 5.

"We are praying for him so that he can know God and become transformed," said demonstration organizer Arsenia Campos, whose daughter was killed last year by a young man who later said he was involved in a Satanic cult.

The group presented 3,000 signatures to the City Council this week asking it to halt the gig but Monterrey Mayor Felipe de Jesus Cantu said on Wednesday the Manson show would go ahead.

"We ask you Lord to enlighten the authorities and bless the community to avoid all evil," said Sonia Ruiz, a housewife. Monterrey is one of Mexico's most conservative cities.

Manson's album "The Golden Age of Grotesque" topped the U.S. sales charts in May.

The rocker won a civil suit in Minnesota in September brought by a security guard upset at Manson rubbing his crotch against the guard's head during a concert.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/031016/11/m41u.html

Robstar
10-17-03, 12:08 AM
Frankly I can't stand his musak, but you gotta respect the PR machine behind him - metal bands have been pretending to be Satanical for years & years...
You also have to respect the decision for the show to go ahead - as it will clearly sell out...(No. 1 record & all that)

Maybe the security gaurd was annoyed that the crotch rubbing didn't lead to more action later, so he tried the good ol' American institution of suing anyone for anything...
;)

Jag_Warrior
10-17-03, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by Robstar
Frankly I can't stand his musak, but you gotta respect the PR machine behind him - metal bands have been pretending to be Satanical for years & years...
You also have to respect the decision for the show to go ahead - as it will clearly sell out...(No. 1 record & all that)

Maybe the security gaurd was annoyed that the crotch rubbing didn't lead to more action later, so he tried the good ol' American institution of suing anyone for anything...
;)

Mr. Security Guard should have grabbed a handful and taken off running. Two problems solved: 1)Revenge. 2)Keep that freak from reproducing.

cart7
10-17-03, 08:28 PM
Of course, for a OWRS event the article title would probably look more like this:

Mexican Evangelists Pray for 'Evil' Tony George

Treeface
10-17-03, 09:25 PM
Oddly enough GF's Mexican race partner is CIE. They are the largest promotional outfit in Latin America. The list of acts they have handled is very very long. They also own Mexican Ticketmaster. It would be a safe bet that they are doing the work for Manson in Monterrey as well.

Jonezzy_33
10-18-03, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Robstar

I've seen and heard of some who are worse than he is. Compared to some acts that are out there, he's a schoolboy.