PDA

View Full Version : IRL starts golfing league?

RichK
10-14-03, 01:23 PM
Too many furriners in the current setup!

LINK (http://www.kron.com/Global/story.asp?S=1481153&nav=5D7iIVu8)

Sean O'Gorman
10-14-03, 01:41 PM
Yikes! :eek:

This reminds me of when I was standing in line at CVS last week. Two kids in front of me were trying to buy Yu-gi-oh cards but the cashier (and old woman) wouldn't let them because she didn't want them to "waste their money by giving it to the Japanese." :shakehead

cart7
10-14-03, 03:22 PM
FJS :D

Just so I can say I started it. :laugh:

Ankf00
10-14-03, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by SOG35
Yikes! :eek:

This reminds me of when I was standing in line at CVS last week. Two kids in front of me were trying to buy Yu-gi-oh cards but the cashier (and old woman) wouldn't let them because she didn't want them to "waste their money by giving it to the Japanese." :shakehead

that's pretty bloody pathetic. :shakehead:

racer2c
10-14-03, 03:58 PM
Sounds more like NASCAR to me, not that I'm defending the xenophobic IRL gomer fans mind you. ;)

JT265
10-14-03, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by cart7
FJS :D

Just so I can say I started it. :laugh:

Sorry to break your bubble, but by the looks of the photo, someone already said and did that.

MANY years ago, too. ;)

Warlock!
10-14-03, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by JT265
Sorry to break your bubble, but by the looks of the photo, someone already said and did that.

MANY years ago, too. ;)
LMAO! I thought that was Phyllis Diller!

Warlock!

rabbit
10-14-03, 04:32 PM
Sheesh, the mag just came out today and she's already issued an apology. :shakehead

http://www.kron.com/global/Story.asp?s=1481162

"By no means did I intend to hurt anyone nor were the statements racially motivated."Umm, she attacked them precisely because of their race. :rolleyes:

cart7
10-14-03, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by JT265

MANY years ago, too. ;)

I agree! Man what happened to her anyway??? :eek: She used to be such a babe.

lone_groover
10-14-03, 06:44 PM
Yeah, I remember what a big flap it was when this HO' appeared in PLAYBOY. I guess bile an UV radiation take their toll quicker than the years, "B".

RaceChic
10-14-03, 06:53 PM
Just don't let mello and Flywheel drive the golf cart !!! :D :laugh: :p

indyfan31
10-15-03, 11:47 AM
Ok, I'll be the devil's advocate on this one.

While it may have been very inappropriate for her to say what she said, there was not one thing in those quotes that is not factually correct. At times the truth can be very rude.

devilmaster
10-15-03, 12:39 PM
If it is the truth, so what? Stop whining, suck it up, and get better.

I see this as no different than F1's situation this time last year. I had said that Ferrari was at least 2 years ahead of other teams. (reasoning being that ferrari could bring the '01 car and still beat the field) Instead of changing all the rules, get better!

So if Asia puts out better golf players, instead of punishing them for it, punish yourselves. Get out on the course, the driving range and practice practice practice.

Sheesh.
Steve

rabbit
10-15-03, 01:11 PM
What Steve said.:thumbup:

Grunschev
10-15-03, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by indyfan31
Ok, I'll be the devil's advocate on this one.

While it may have been very inappropriate for her to say what she said, there was not one thing in those quotes that is not factually correct. At times the truth can be very rude.

So it's a fact that the LPGA is dying, and it's caused by Asian players? How long before it's dead? Are you sure there are no other possible factors other than Asian players? Yup, everything she said is "factually correct." :rolleyes:

Igor

Lizzerd
10-15-03, 02:12 PM
Wait a minute. She's not complaining that the Asian players are too good. Read the piece again. Her gripe is that the Asians don't hang around and hob-nob with other players, sponsors and fans. They play and go home. And it's not a racial thing, either. More of a cultural thing.

devilmaster
10-15-03, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Lizzerd
Wait a minute. She's not complaining that the Asian players are too good. Read the piece again. Her gripe is that the Asians don't hang around and hob-nob with other players, sponsors and fans. They play and go home. And it's not a racial thing, either. More of a cultural thing.

Wrong Bruce. I might have agreed with ya, and I went back to re-read it again.

Then I read this quote:

If I were commissioner, I would have a quota on international players and that would include a quota on Asian players," Stephenson told the magazine. "As it is, they're taking American money. American sponsors are picking up the bill. There should be a qualifying school for Americans and a qualifying school for international players. I'm Australian, an international player, but I say America has to come first. Sixty percent of the tour should be American, 40 percent international"

This is the LPGA, is it not? Is it not the pinnacle for women's golf? If you have the talent to play in the pros, you should play in the pros.

Should I not respect Barry Bonds and his ability because he doesn't like to give interviews? Of course not. No offense to rabbit, RW or other writers, but if a player has skill, it shouldn't damn well matter whether or not that they give good interviews.

Basically, instead of looking logically at the situation, and saying they should work, and/or having the lpga work with them, to improve their off camera abilities, lets just ban them. :thumdown:

Steve

rabbit
10-15-03, 02:43 PM
If I were commissioner, I would have a quota on international players and that would include a quota on Asian players," Stephenson told the magazine. "As it is, they're taking American money. American sponsors are picking up the bill. There should be a qualifying school for Americans and a qualifying school for international players. I'm Australian, an international player, but I say America has to come first. Sixty percent of the tour should be American, 40 percent international" Smacks of 25/8 to me. :thumdown:

Jag_Warrior
10-15-03, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by rabbit
Smacks of 25/8 to me. :thumdown:

Or the Kalifornia University system. ;)

Railbird
10-15-03, 10:35 PM
Her gripe is that the Asians don't hang around and hob-nob

Hob nob?

wait a minute

does this have anything to do with "me love you long time"?

I know, I know

I've been called a sexist bigot just recently

flobee1kenobi
10-16-03, 08:51 PM
LMAO! I thought that was Phyllis Diller!
looks more like Jack Nickelson as the joker:rofl:

JT265
10-16-03, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by flobee1kenobi
looks more like Jack Nickelson as the joker:rofl:

The phrase "put away wet" comes to mind.

Dr. Corkski
10-17-03, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by Lizzerd
Wait a minute. She's not complaining that the Asian players are too good. Read the piece again. Her gripe is that the Asians don't hang around and hob-nob with other players, sponsors and fans. They play and go home. And it's not a racial thing, either. More of a cultural thing. But if her opinion is that of the majority of the "tour", then why should any Asians, or non-Caucasian players, be subjected to the insult of hob-nobbing with these racist hicks?