PDA

View Full Version : Search Engines

doppelganger
10-14-03, 12:54 PM
The older I get, the more I realize there is so much for me to learn. I've found Google to be the search engine I use most. Any one else have a favorite?

EDwardo
10-14-03, 01:05 PM
I use a version of a program called Copernic. I like it because it saves searches, allows you to refine, edit and download results. Here is a link:

http://www.copernic.com/en/index.html

RaceGrrl
10-14-03, 01:17 PM
Google for me too. I used to use a search engine called DogPile. It combines results from several search engines.

Warlock!
10-14-03, 01:34 PM
Still Yahoo-in' it. To me it gives me the closest matches to what I'm looking for, although not the most. I'm sure you can tailor the other search engines as well, but Yahoo's comfortable for me.

Warlock!

SteveH
10-14-03, 01:38 PM
I use Google almost exclusively - especially since I've installed the Google search bar on MIE. That is easily one of the best freebies on the internet. Stops pop-ups cold.

nz_climber
10-14-03, 03:19 PM
GOOGLE - it nearly always has the answers Im looking for :)

devilmaster
10-14-03, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by nz_climber
it nearly always has the answers Im looking for

Well, since you still live in Kiwiland, thats why its only 'nearly always', right? :p ;)

Steve

rabbit
10-14-03, 04:28 PM
Yahooooo!

nz_climber
10-14-03, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by devilmaster
Well, since you still live in Kiwiland, thats why its only 'nearly always', right? :p ;)

Steve

Well 99% of the time is nearly always! :p

But depends on what your looking for though.... now Im sure warlock will infor us of his favourite por.... ummm, gentlemen entertainment search engines ;)

RaceChic
10-14-03, 06:56 PM
All Google, all the time. :D

Kiwifan
10-15-03, 01:31 AM
I use Google exclusivly. What Aaron doesn't know, I do so basically we have everything covered. ;)

A search on Google says if all Kiwis and Aussies jump at the same time the World will spin top to bottom and then who will be on top, eh Steve?? :) :) All I can advise is "keep your beer covered."

Now Aaron, on the count of 3! One, Two, Three....................Jump!!

Rusty.

Robstar
10-15-03, 01:59 AM
Definately Google...

I jumped Rusty.... nothing...
:cry:

Kiwifan
10-15-03, 02:27 AM
Ya forgot Daylight saving mate. :)

Rusty.

Robstar
10-15-03, 02:42 AM
bugger :rolleyes:

nz_climber
10-15-03, 03:39 PM
ok we'll try again :D

ready

devilmaster
10-16-03, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by Kiwifan
A search on Google says if all Kiwis and Aussies jump at the same time the World will spin top to bottom and then who will be on top, eh Steve?? :) :)

Certain google searches will bring up white supremacist garbage, or that Tim McVey was a misunderstood patriot, or that Tony George is a genius, or that the IRL was needed. My point here, of course, is that not everything on the web is correct or intelligent thought. :D

Originally posted by Kiwifan
All I can advise is "keep your beer covered."
Rusty.

Dude, trust me, thats soooo obvious when any Kiwis or Aussies are around anyways ;) :D

Steve