PDA

View Full Version : Stoopid Mario

rabbit
10-12-03, 06:53 PM
From the AP:

Giddy at a podium finish, Dominguez gave his car a celebratory doughnut spin on the track as the crowd chanted ``Mario! Mario!'' :D I wonder what was going through Adrian's head. :laugh:

RaceGrrl
10-12-03, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by rabbit
From the AP:
:D I wonder what was going through Adrian's head. :laugh:

Besides "Stupid Mario," "Maybe I shouldn't have made so many boneheaded moves" is a good place to start. Adrian wasn't driving smart today.

nrc
10-12-03, 07:09 PM
Excellant run for Stoopid Mario Dominguez. Ironic to see Adrian make a rather desperate run with some "stoopid" moves while Mario stormed up the order with a very cool, calculated drive.

Jonezzy_33
10-14-03, 02:18 AM
He's looking better :thumbup:

RaceChic
10-14-03, 12:09 PM
I thought it was a nice touch myself. He was showing that he was thrilled to be on the podium at his home race. The Mexican fans were very happy and enthusiastic with the Champ Cars. He was showing appreciation for his fans. Anything to show a happy and exciting atmosphere in order to attract, gain and keep fans is a bonus, in my opinion. I would venture to guess that a third place finish in this race meant more from a sentimental perspective to Mario than the win for PT which was a championship thing. PT even displayed an appreciation for that by hauling Mario Dominguez up to the top step of the podium in the post-race ceremonies. A very cool and classy touch by PT in my opinion. :D :thumbup:

rabbit
10-14-03, 12:46 PM
I wasn't putting Mario down. I just wondered what the "dean of the Mexican drivers" was thinking since he seems to have been dethroned this year, by Mario and Michel.

RaceChic
10-14-03, 01:00 PM
Never thought you were rabbit. :D

Just sharing how seeing him do so well at his home race and do all those dunuts made me feel. I was truly touched at him wearing his heart on his sleeve like that. :)