PDA

View Full Version : Indy Racing 2Day Pre-empted by...

Chitowncartfreak
10-12-03, 12:09 PM
...school bus demolition derby action. I noticed this while catching the end of RPM 2Day. Oh yeah, the IRL is really killing CART with the superb coverage they are getting from ESPN/ABC. I'll take CBS and Speed Channel any day.

Actually, I'm kind of enjoying the bus demolition derby - wonder who will get the higher rating today?

Jonezzy_33
10-12-03, 07:41 PM
I saw part of that, it was really interesting.

fourrunner
10-12-03, 11:33 PM
CART didn't even have announcer or Pit Reporter Presence at the Mexico Race, and Speed stayed with the indecipherable post race festivities until they ran out of "nothing" to cover!!

Yes, I'll take CART Coverage over the IRL's anytime!!

BTW - Varsha, Daly & Kendall did a wonderful job covering under very difficult circumstances. They were very funny also when things didn't go as described!!:thumbup:

flobee1kenobi
10-16-03, 10:37 AM
To my suprise the schoolbus demo-derby was being held at Kil-Kare speedway a mere 15 minutes from where I live. Been there many times myself! Everyone that says rubbin's racin' has never been to this place-thats all they do! Just as many fights in the stands as there are in the pits! Redneck racing at its best!

mapguy
10-16-03, 10:46 AM
Jeez, how low can you go. Getting your news program pre-empted by this...

http://seat_slasha.tripod.com/2w00/2w05.jpg

indyfan31
10-16-03, 11:58 AM
I don't know how long I would've stuck with the IRL Racing Today show, but I watched the ENTIRE School bus demolition derby ... the one with the teeth was :cool: