PDA

View Full Version : Scott Dixon was on...

Kiwifan
10-12-03, 05:15 AM
Scott Dixon was on local TV tonight. Apart from the (NZ) presenter gushing over him it was a pretty fair show except I never heard the "C" word mentioned. ;)He said he was going to be back with Chip next year although his main goal was still F1.

When asked about the money he was earning he said taxes and paying back his Mum and Dad was taking the bulk of it and it would be at least another five years before he was doing "ok."

They interviewed Gary Gerould (sp)and he said Scott was the toughest nut he had to crack but once he had he enjoyed his company. He understood Scott was a serious guy who was commited to his racing.

Mike Hull said, quote, "not wanting to offend anyone but I think Scott would be the equal of Juan Montoya of all the guys we have had here." hmmmmm, considering who they had before. :saywhat: I'm not running Scott down but who's gonna step up and tell that to AZ or Jimmy? :D

As I said it was a fair story on him and the reporter did get to do a lap in Mennards two seater but oh, all that aluminium seating! :p Sorry Railbird. ;)

I still wear his Team Gear but I still feel a loss somehow........Go PT!

Rusty.

RaceChic
10-12-03, 09:27 AM
If he wants to get to F1, he needs to get back to road racing. :)

Railbird
10-12-03, 09:58 AM
Sorry Railbird

sorry for what?

lone_groover
10-12-03, 10:38 AM
Sounds like this "Mike Hull" character has been sniffing too many butt fumes.

:p

Railbird
10-12-03, 10:53 AM
the effects of which apparently the groover can attest to?

Foxman
10-12-03, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by lone_groover
Sounds like this "Mike Hull" character has been sniffing too many butt fumes.

:p
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many butt fumes, and he's drank way too much Kool Aid. Dixon is good, he's not in the same class as JPM, and Zanardi/Vasser were bother better in their day.

lone_groover
10-12-03, 11:01 AM
Railbird, you hata....:p :p :p

JT265
10-12-03, 11:17 AM
I see Hulls comments as a direct slag against Donnie Beechler. :gomer: :laugh:

Kiwifan
10-12-03, 05:19 PM
sorry for what?

I was just teasing you on your tolerance for both series. Just another crack at the IRL which didn't come off. ;) I knew what I meant! :) :)

Take care 'bird.

Rusty.

Railbird
10-12-03, 11:09 PM
We're cool as always Rusty.