PDA

View Full Version : Kalkoven on CART

RaceGrrl
10-11-03, 10:50 PM
From Oreovicz's notes at CART.com

Kalkhoven also briefly addressed his reasons for creating OWRS. “CART has a 25-year tradition of some of the best open-wheel racing in the world,” he remarked. “No other series races on ovals, road courses and street courses. I felt it was absolutely crucial to ensure that that tradition and history has a strong future. We believe very strongly in this form of racing, the cars and the tires and we wanted to ensure that it survives into the future.

He added: “I’m pretty confident we’ll have at least one more team plus a couple of brand new drivers, one of whom is coming up from the ladder series. There may be more.”

It's good to see one of the other major players speaking out about CART's future. I'm feeling more optimistic than I have in a long time.

jonovision_man
10-11-03, 11:36 PM
Sounds great.

I wonder why he singled out the tires? That was weird... nothing all that special about the tires, I mean they're slicks, but that's hardly unique. Someone must have put him on the spot.

jono

RaceGrrl
10-11-03, 11:46 PM
Since Bridgestone confirmed that they'll be in CART next year, it was probably a plug for them.

jonovision_man
10-12-03, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by RaceGrrl
Since Bridgestone confirmed that they'll be in CART next year, it was probably a plug for them.

You're probably right.

jono

RaceChic
10-12-03, 09:25 AM
I'm feeling very optimistic myself. I'm really looking forward to seeing how 2004 shakes out. :D