PDA

View Full Version : Sato in for Suzuka

Dr. Corkski
10-09-03, 05:13 AM
Well, at least JVil finally acted like a team player! The season just keeps getting better! :thumbup:

Link (http://www.planet-f1.com/Home/story_13339.shtml)

chop456
10-09-03, 06:06 AM
What better way to impress other prospective employers than to walk away? That boy could f*$k up a one car funeral. :shakehead

Foxman
10-09-03, 08:22 AM
What a fu&*%ng IDIOT! Way to go Jock, instead of showing up for your last race and doing your job you ask for a release on your contract, that has to really impress anyone who might consider hiring you in the future. What a moron. Good luck finding another F1 ride Jaques. Good riddance.

JT265
10-09-03, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by chop456
What better way to impress other prospective employers than to walk away? That boy could f*$k up a one car funeral. :shakehead

Possibly. However, it occurs to me that the people he needs to impress are up to speed already. Whether that means an F1 drive down the road or a gig delivering pizza remains to be seen.

Also, considering the rumors that the really fast shoe Sato would be in at Suzuka have been swirling aroud for a while, I gotta wonder if this is a little political spin.

rabbit
10-09-03, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by JT265
Also, considering the rumors that the really fast shoe Sato would be in at Suzuka have been swirling aroud for a while, I gotta wonder if this is a little political spin. That's kind of what I was thinking. Perhaps BAR gave him the opportunity to save face and walk away rather than be "fired."

Dirty Sanchez
10-09-03, 09:11 AM
Quitter! :thumdown:

indyfan31
10-09-03, 11:30 AM
You people are unbelievable. Are you going to tell me that if the company YOU work for told you you'd be fired at the end of the year you'd hang around with your tail between your legs for a couple more months? And this is to show loyalty to a company that doesn't want you there?

:saywhat:

Dirty Sanchez
10-09-03, 11:41 AM
Are you telling me as a prospective employer you would consider hiring someone that quits when things don't go his way? This is most important race of the season for BAR. That's unbelievable.

Dirty Sanchez
10-09-03, 12:05 PM
:rofl:

http://www.itv-f1.com/media/imagelibrary/14630_2.jpg

RobGuru
10-09-03, 12:41 PM
What is he, constipated?

Grunt, grunt, grunt...

Grunschev
10-09-03, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Crapus
Are you telling me as a prospective employer you would consider hiring someone that quits when things don't go his way? This is most important race of the season for BAR. That's unbelievable.
I'm with indyfan31 on this one. I'd say it's a bit more than "things not going his way" when his employer says, "We don't want you around any more."

Crapus suggests that a potential employer might have the following thoughts: "I'm really impressed that he won a CART championship, the Indy 500, and the WDC, and I was really thinking of hiring him, but when he didn't show up for that last race after BAR had him replaced, well, that cancels the other stuff out! Maybe Jan Magnussen is available."

OTOH, perhaps Honda figures Sato will save them the embarrassment of having another of their engines hand-grenade by crashing first. :D

Igor

Dirty Sanchez
10-09-03, 04:01 PM
You forgot the part about him getting beaten like a drum by a mediocre boy band teammate... he also didn't exactly dominate O.P. either. Ofcourse, I'm sure potential team bosses are looking at the first 5-6 years of his career instead of his last 5. ;)

JT265
10-09-03, 04:23 PM
You forgot the part about him getting beaten like a drum by a mediocre boy band teammate... he also didn't exactly dominate O.P. either. Ofcourse, I'm sure potential team bosses are looking at the first 5-6 years of his career instead of his last 5. ;)

Crapus, chill man. The fixation ain't healthy. :D Like I said at CW, if he takes the gig at Dominos, I have hot pizza at my door, in 30 minutes or less.

Either way, I win. ;)

Dirty Sanchez
10-09-03, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by JT265
Crapus, chill man.I, like David Richards, couldn't be happier. :)

JT265
10-09-03, 04:30 PM
I, like David Richards, couldn't be happier. :)

:D :thumbup:

Dr. Corkski
10-10-03, 06:17 AM
That Japanese nobody Sato was half a second faster than Timberlake after Q1 (although Timberlake had his new spec granade blow up in practice). :D :thumbup:

chop456
10-10-03, 06:37 AM
Let's see if the "Suzuka Special" can make it for more than 15 race laps.

What's the over/under?

JT265
10-10-03, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Zhivago
That Japanese nobody Sato was half a second faster than Timberlake after Q1 (although Timberlake had his new spec granade blow up in practice). :D :thumbup:

As an engineering student, calculate for us how that 1/2 second translates into G force relative to his impending impact with the wall.

Thanks. ;)

Dirty Sanchez
10-10-03, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by chop456
Let's see if the "Suzuka Special" can make it for more than 15 race laps.

What's the over/under? I'll take the over... I'll even step out and predict a finish in the top 10. Maybe even a point. That should make the Canadian's cries fade into the distance :D

RaceChic
10-10-03, 09:56 AM
That should make the Canadian's cries fade into the distance

Hey...... be nice now.
(I'm sure you were joking)

You don't have to like him, but he is a Canadian driver that we are proud of. :confused:

oddlycalm
10-10-03, 01:41 PM

Unlike your own personal self, anybody with the money to hire JV is likely well aware that Honda and BAR have pissed away a couple billion US dollars to just barely run beat Minardi after 6yrs. They further understand that this is not a fluke, as Jordan showed similar dismal results with the Honda engine. They will be unlikely to be swayed by the carefully orchestrated BAR/Honda PR campaign designed to make Villeneuve the skapegoat. Outside of internet forums, how Honda's and BAR's chassis failures reflects negatively on JV remains a mystery to many.

Honda began this race weekend, as with many, with a grenade after 9 laps. As for Sato, I will quote Chaos, who summed it up quite aptly; "the only brilliance Sato showed was when the sun glared off his helmet."

oc

Dirty Sanchez
10-10-03, 01:50 PM
Same people are also aware (as I am) that in the majority of those races that JV's car didn't make it to the finish, he was well behind his teammate. I agree that the points tally only tells half the story... but if you look closely enough at the qualifying results, pit stops (to determine relative fuel), and track position its pretty easy to find the other half of the same story.

Please also remember, Button has also been cheated out of potential points himself. Most recently 6 points at Indy.

mapguy
10-10-03, 02:31 PM
Some quotes from Autosport.com (http://www.autosport.com/newsitem.asp?id=24937&s=5)

From Patrick Head:

“I have to say that it's a long time since we worked together,” said Patrick Head at Williams. “I'd actually say that Jacques' best year was 1996. He was very individual, willing to try very different set-ups, and he very nearly won his first Grand Prix and also the championship in his first year.

“In '97 though, when he did win the championship, he made it unnecesasarily hard work in a car that I would say was quite a margin superior to Michael Schumacher's.

“At that time, if I said: ‘you are running a bit stiff, I think you should soften the car off a bit', he was likely to look across at Jock Clear (his race engineer) and tell him that he wanted to run stiffer in the afternoon…

“He is quite a perverse fellow and his attitiude is kind of: I'll show you I can do it my way. He made bloody hard work of '97 but he is a really talented and fast driver, there is no doubt about that.”

And this one from Geoff Willis, BAR's Technical Director:

Jacques is very robust and quite bright, so he can be seen to be quite assertive. He's open and, in terms of tactical input, he takes a lot of time thinking about what‘s happening, especially in the race. He is inclined to be his own man and perhaps because of that, can be a bit difficult.

This year the team did not help with unreliability, but he's certainly always tried hard and given a lot of commitment. I think he's probably a more rounded driver now than in the days when he won the world championship

Willis' comment is telling. Puts the lie to those who think that he was 'phoning in the results'.

Dr. Corkski
10-10-03, 02:37 PM
So he tried hard and still got beat by Timberlake.

Dirty Sanchez
10-10-03, 02:38 PM
So he tried hard and still got beat by Timberlake. :laugh: :rofl: :laugh:

JT265
10-10-03, 02:46 PM
So he tried hard and still got beat by Timberlake.

Yep. Or maybe the ill-prepped car. Or maybe by Honda. Or maybe by BAT politics. Or maybe by finally realizing that he wasted his good years tooling around midpack or worse. You decide.

Why, the choices are endless. Those of us that stump wee Timberlake as the next WDC need to get the message out early, and often. ;)