PDA

View Full Version : EA Sports F1 Challenge '99-'09

mapguy
10-08-03, 11:44 AM
Just bought this game and a big thumbs up from me. :thumbup: I also have F1 2002 and the graphics are better, the sound is WAY better. What is really cool is the '99 cars with the split colored BAR's and the Stewart.

I also finally got myself a wheel. Logitech Wingman FF GP. Isn't it supposed to kick back when you hop a curb?

JT265
10-08-03, 11:53 AM
Yeah, it should kick back Mappy. In GPL, you can mess with the force feedback in a GPL file.

Just don't aXe me which one, 'cause my Wingman FF won't work under XP. It may be biffed, I haven't had the time to look at it tho'.

Warlock!
10-08-03, 12:51 PM
I have the Logi Momo wheel. I don't know if it's the case with your wheel, but in all EA's F1 games I've had to adjust (in the game controls menu) the amount of force feedback to negative numbers (I run mine at -100). If I run it at a positive setting, rounding a curve will make the wheel pull harder in the direction of the curve, not pull to the center as it should.

Overall I think the FF effects are excellent in F1C, but I just can't get 'em strong enuf on my wheel.

Warlock!

mapguy
10-08-03, 01:12 PM
Thanks 'lock. Got it to work.

Awesome stuff. Don't know if I can ever go back.

Dr. Corkski
10-08-03, 02:52 PM
It must be pretty damn amazing when they can predict what the cars will look like in 09. :D

mapguy
10-08-03, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Zhivago
It must be pretty damn amazing when they can predict what the cars will look like in 09. :D

D'OH! Jeez, I was even sober then...