PDA

View Full Version : The first "rivalry" weekend

Ankf00
10-08-03, 11:25 AM
Gawgia Tennessee, Miami Free Shoes U, Texas OkieU

call your spreads.

Gawgia by 10
Free Shoes by 2 (wide right no more)
and the Land Thieves by 14 (reality is reality :( )

Foxman
10-08-03, 01:05 PM
I'd like to say we are going to go in there and beat F$U, however, given our injury situation, we will be lucky if we win, though I think if our team plays to its potential we can and will win, that's a big IF. If it comes down to a kick, we win, history has a way of repeating itself.

RaceChic
10-08-03, 01:31 PM
I'm waiting for the game between the Iowa Hawkeyes and Ohio State.

I'm a Hawkeye fan. I actually have learned to like football a lot. Never thought I would. I prefer the College football over the NFL though. I just love the atmosphere. The marching bands. The fans getting very, very excited and involved. The mascots. The cheerleaders (not for the same reasons as some ;) ). The fans flooding the field after they win at a home game. I just love the atmosphere.

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/iowa/galleries/footbl_100403/davis_100403-lg.jpg

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/iowa/galleries/footbl_100403/Ferentz_100403-lg.jpg

rabbit
10-08-03, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by RaceChic
The fans flooding the field after they win at a home game. The fans should stay the **** off the field before, during and after a game. :flame: There is a reason they are called "spectators" and not "participants."

[climbing down off soap box]

RaceChic
10-08-03, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by rabbit
The fans should stay the **** off the field before, during and after a game. :flame: There is a reason they are called "spectators" and not "participants."

[climbing down off soap box]

Me no comprende....:( :confused:

rabbit
10-08-03, 02:15 PM
Me no comprende....:( :confused: Try to do your job with 40,000 drunks swarming around you sometime and you'll understand.

[back off soapbox]

Warlock!
10-08-03, 02:47 PM
Me no comprende....:( :confused:
Do you have a hotkey on your keyboard that spits out that phrase in various lingos?

Once again, ;).

Warlock!

JoeBob
10-08-03, 02:57 PM
Spectators rushing the field is a very dangerous situation for all involved.

Just ask the kids who went to school in Madison 10 years ago.

nz_climber
10-08-03, 03:05 PM
those guys still wear helmets.... nothing to see here, move right along

:rolleyes:
;)

Turn7
10-08-03, 03:08 PM
Try to do your job with 40,000 drunks swarming around you sometime and you'll understand.

[back off soapbox]

As a reporter, you report what happened. If the fans rush the field, report that.

rabbit
10-08-03, 03:22 PM
And if a 19-year-old elementary-ed major sitting in the front row gets trampled to death because a bunch of idiots decided they wanted to "celebrate" and she had no where to go, I'll report that.

I'll report it. But it still doesn't make it right. We report on murders and rapes all the time.:thumdown:

Turn7
10-08-03, 04:00 PM
And if a 19-year-old elementary-ed major sitting in the front row gets trampled to death because a bunch of idiots decided they wanted to "celebrate" and she had no where to go, I'll report that.

I don't know of the incident that you are referencing but, if we thought like that then Chicago shouldn't be allowed to have rock concerts anymore either.

Unfortunate circumstances happen when you least expect them. However, if we limited what we did on the chance occurrence of a freak accident happening, we would not get in cars, trains, buses, airplanes, ride horses, swim, ski, on and on and on. Is it fun when somebody gets hurt? No. However, most fun things can lead to injury and or fatalities.

DjDrOmusic
10-08-03, 04:06 PM
I'm waiting for the game between the Iowa Hawkeyes and Ohio State

Ok RaceChic, I know you're from the land of the 110 yard football field with 3 downs, so I'll be nice...but Iowa and OSU isn't a rivalry. As I am reminded every waking moment here in CBus, the only game that matters to Buckeye fans, even the ones who graduated from High School, is that school "UP NORTH", MEESHEEGIN!!

I like college football and I don't really have a favorite team, so my rivalry game was last weekend in Pittsburgh....ah how sweet it was...Browns 33 Steelers 13!! :D ;)

rabbit
10-08-03, 04:08 PM
Trespassing is still illegal, isn't it?

RaceChic
10-08-03, 04:15 PM
After the football teams in college football win home games, isn't a tradition (for lack of a better expression) for fans to "take the field" when it's over? :confused:
Remember I am a Canuck and I come from the land of Hockey, not football and this was told to me by an American college football fan.

He said, "Oh look! They are going to take the field now!"

To me DjDrOmusic, this is my kind of rivalry!! :p

Foxman
10-08-03, 04:22 PM
After the football teams in college football win home games, isn't a tradition (for lack of a better expression) for fans to "take the field" when it's over? :confused:
Remember I am a Canuck and I come from the land of Hockey, not football and this was told to me by an American college football fan.

He said, "Oh look! They are going to take the field now!"

To me DjDrOmusic, this is my kind of rivalry!! :p

Actually, it isn't tradition at all. Sometimes, and I say sometimes, it happens after a very big game. More and more schools are trying to discourage this activity. I can't speak for every school, but I've stood on the 50yd line of the Orange Bowl exactly one time, when we beat UCLA in 1998 and ruined their chances of playing for a NC, every other big game I've been to at the Orange Bowl has had more police and event staff, you will not get on the field now, but you will get hurt trying. It costs the university money when that happens, the field gets damaged, goal posts get torn down, and people get hurt.

rabbit
10-08-03, 04:39 PM
http://www.bsudailynews.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2003/10/03/3f7d0e5f32698

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2003-09-25-notebook_x.htm

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20031008/NEWS21/110080081

http://www.pub.umich.edu/daily/1997/nov/11-21-97/news/news2.html

There are a lot more if you want.

Dr. Corkski
10-08-03, 04:41 PM
I am sure the people who got trampled will be happy to know they died for the sake of "tradition".

RaceChic
10-08-03, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Zhivago
I am sure the people who got trampled will be happy to know they died for the sake of "tradition".

College football is a whole new world for me. I believe I said.....

tradition (for lack of a better expression) :gomer:

And thank-you, Foxman for your explanation. :)

RaceChic
10-08-03, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Warlock!
Do you have a hotkey on your keyboard that spits out that phrase in various lingos?

Once again, ;).

Warlock!

That's because I don't understand the half of you here !!! :laugh:

So I must clarify..... :p

Turn7
10-08-03, 05:13 PM

Yes. However, I have never witnessed a no tresspassing sign at a stadium. Additionally, when you buy a ticket that allows you passage to the property.

Have I ever rushed the field, no. I don't see anything wrong with it. As for reporters, they are allowed into the pressroom for after the game confrences. There is no need for you to be on the field either. There is a section for you to view the game, there are pre and post game interviews scheduled in a pressroom.

JT265
10-08-03, 05:25 PM

And maybe you will be happy to know that the person you are slagging the absolute crap out of knows as much about American football as Malaysian F1 drivers know about podiums.

mapguy
10-08-03, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by JT265
And maybe you will be happy to know that the person you are slagging the absolute crap out of knows as much about American football as Malaysian F1 drivers know about podiums.

True, but a certain poster here thinks he looks cute in his Sparcos....

Tall1
10-08-03, 07:46 PM
Ya don't hafta tell Ohio State fans not to celebrate on-field - they take it to the streets. Now, that's a tradition. (Tongue-in-cheek comment from and OSU/Browns/Rahal fan)

Ankf00
10-08-03, 09:56 PM

the way the AD shafts us here (the longhorn logo is owned by, get this, the AD, no student orgs can use it, but a private for profit non university associated country club can :rolleyes: , effe 'em, pay good $ for season tickets.)
they deserve to have the field trampled, but it is unsafe, but hey, mobs are mobs and watcha gonna do? too many ppl who drank way too much at the games...

oh ya, and calls on this week's games people!!
dawgs vs. the great pumpkin
linebacker U vs. Free Shoes
steers n (cowboys) vs. land thieves

RaceGrrl
10-08-03, 10:45 PM
I'll never go to another OSU v Michigan game. It was absolute mayhem, and was nearly impossible to watch. We were surrounded by drunken obnoxious fans. I'd rather watch on TV, although I'm sticking to last year's game plan: don't pay attention at all and maybe they'll do better. (Hey, it worked last year, and is working so far this year.)

Cam
10-08-03, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by RaceGrrl
I'll never go to another OSU v Michigan game. It was absolute mayhem, and was nearly impossible to watch. We were surrounded by drunken obnoxious fans.

AND that is different to Mid-Ohio how? :D

RaceGrrl
10-08-03, 11:13 PM
I wasn't drunk at the football game. I wasn't drunk at the race, either.

The OSU/Michigan hatred runs deep. I just don't have enough patience to deal with that crap.

Lizzerd
10-08-03, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Cam

To which Mid-Ohio do you refer? I've always felt that the crowd was rather tame, actually.

:)

DjDrOmusic
10-09-03, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by Tall1
Ya don't hafta tell Ohio State fans not to celebrate on-field - they take it to the streets. Now, that's a tradition. (Tongue-in-cheek comment from and OSU/Browns/Rahal fan)

How true Tall1, where theres a car or dumpster fire, there's bound to be a Buckeye fan pouring gasoline on it! Which is why I go nowhere near campus, for at least 24 hours following a game.

And I'm with you Racegrrl, I have no patience for the stuff that goes on. Mid Ohio is much different, at least we have a common cause, and sometimes a common golf cart! ;)

JoeBob
10-09-03, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by RaceGrrl
I'll never go to another OSU v Michigan game. It was absolute mayhem, and was nearly impossible to watch. We were surrounded by drunken obnoxious fans. I'd rather watch on TV, although I'm sticking to last year's game plan: don't pay attention at all and maybe they'll do better. (Hey, it worked last year, and is working so far this year.)

You must have watched the game in Columbus. Try going to Ann Arbor.

Unlike Ohio State, there's a lot more to Michigan than just drinking and football. ;)

Warlock!
10-09-03, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Cam
No lanterns for the drunks to trip over!

;)

Warlock!

cartman
10-09-03, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Ankf00
Gawgia Tennessee, Miami Free Shoes U, Texas OkieU

call your spreads.

Gawgia by 10
Free Shoes by 2 (wide right no more)
and the Land Thieves by 14 (reality is reality :( )

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!
Thanks for the vote of confidence in Gawgia. I think it will be a little closer than that, but the Dawgs will prevail.

I'm taking FSU over Miami, let's just hope there's not another "wide right" this year.

I'll take Texas over OU for sure but they better play hard.

Ankf00
10-11-03, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by cartman

I'll take Texas over OU for sure but they better play hard.

MY BOY!!

O who?
O suck.

POOP ON STOOPS!

oh yes, and the funniest thing i've ever seen in my life occured half an hour ago as the lone okie in the entire SMU area entered the most crowded of many SMU bars that were full of 'Horns and tried to start a fight... and he subsequently had sorority girls pour beer all over him, consequently, he was f'ked; just wonderful :) obnoxious dirt burglin', crystal meth abusing, sister humping, illiterate, bumpkins!

HOOK 'EM!

Classic Apex
10-11-03, 07:15 PM
O klahoma - 65 , Texas - 13

O my.

:laugh:

Ankf00
10-11-03, 10:54 PM
ya, indeed.

Foxman
10-11-03, 11:56 PM
How 'bout them Noles? :D

rabbit
10-12-03, 12:25 AM
How 'bout dem Badgers? :rolleyes: :cry:

You had to figger, if Ohio State was going to lose, it would be at Wisconsin.:shakehead

Dr. Corkski
10-12-03, 07:19 PM
You had to figger, if Ohio State was going to lose, it would be at Wisconsin.:shakehead Nothing against you, but it serves those classless *uckeyes right for the way they played.

rabbit
10-12-03, 07:27 PM
Nothing against you, but it serves those classless *uckeyes right for the way they played. No offensee taken. What Reynolds did was retarded.