PDA

View Full Version : Villeneuve out at BAR for 2004

pchall
10-04-03, 12:26 PM
Globe & Mail link (http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20031004.wvill1004/BNStory/Sports/)

No wonder Pollack's been globe trotting looking for more OPM to waste.

FRANKY
10-04-03, 12:58 PM
You could see that coming.

Dr. Corkski
10-04-03, 02:53 PM
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

JT265
10-04-03, 07:05 PM
Gee Corkski, you don't haveta hold back now. ;)

Truth is, he has been phoning in the results this year. No worries tho'. Unless DNFissure gets that McLaren ride, Bernie will stuff hin in somewhere.

Jonezzy_33
10-05-03, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by FRANKY
You could see that coming.

Yup...after the comments by Sato recently and then the backtracks...BIG SURPRISE here. Good luck Takuma...:saywhat:

RaceChic
10-05-03, 01:07 PM
That kinda makes me feel screwed as a Canadian. Possobility of losing him as well as the Canadian GP is a real downer. A friend of mine, Corky, is rather upset about it as well. He is a die-hard JV fan as well. :flame:

Jonezzy_33
10-05-03, 01:25 PM
I like JV and I hope he lands somewhere better than that Honda team. I still think if he has the right situation he could be strong.

Ankf00
10-05-03, 05:25 PM
well he got what he deserved. even cory dillan comes to play.

Railbird
10-05-03, 05:47 PM
who, or what, is a cory dillan?

and what pray tell does it have to do with racing?

RaceChic
10-05-03, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Railbird
who, or what, is a cory dillan?

and what pray tell does it have to do with racing?

I dunno either. :confused:

Jonezzy_33
10-05-03, 07:21 PM
Corey Dillon, the running back for the Bengals

Yeah, plays for a miserable team and shows up every Sunday to kick *** even though his team is the posterchild of BAD in the NFL every season. Good point Ank. (if that's what you meant ;) :p )

RaceChic
10-05-03, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Jonezzy_33
Corey Dillon, the running back for the Bengals

Yeah, plays for a miserable team and shows up every Sunday to kick *** even though his team is the posterchild of BAD in the NFL every season. Good point Ank. (if that's what you meant ;) :p )

But how is THAT what JV deserved according to Ankf00 ??? :confused:

Warlock!
10-05-03, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by RaceChic
But how is THAT what JV deserved according to Ankf00 ??? :confused: Get your T-square and your protractor, ank... you're gonna hafta draw her a blue-print...

;)

Warlock!

JT265
10-05-03, 09:04 PM
But how is THAT what JV deserved according to Ankf00 ??? :confused:

Simple. Ank and a few others think he sucks, which they are entitled to do.

Others, like me, think he needs a kick in the ass to get his game back.

Still others who are much closer to the situation, such as Sir Frank, feel he has been saddled with a POS car, which the DNF's this season in particular would lend some creedence to. This is what Sir Frank had to say in part on Thursday: "Team principal Frank Williams spoke highly of Villeneuve's abilities last week, saying his poor results were due only to having a substandard car."

Of course, who is Frank Williams to be offering an opinion of an F1 driver? ;)

Ankf00
10-05-03, 09:20 PM
jonzey's got it square on the head,

protractors and t-squares are for fogies, Solidworks is the best ;)

I have never believed that JVil sucks, but he picked his team, he picked his checkbook, and he re-signed with them after he was fully aware of his situation. Furthermore, he hasn't blown away his teammates, other than zonta, in the fashion that someone of his caliber and paygrade SHOULD. On the contrary, like jt said earlier, he's been "mailing it in."

Corey Dillan, one of the best RB's for years, still comes to play every week; all despite of the fact he plays for a team that hasn't had a winning season in TEN years. I'll respect that, I don't have to, and will not, heap praise on someone who doesn't come to play and win every week. Someone like that doesn't deserve to be hired for any job.

On the bright side, he can go buy a few carribean islands and shag like a minks 52 weeks a year now. ;)

Railbird
10-05-03, 10:21 PM
Of course, who is Frank Williams to be offering an opinion of an F1 driver?

dead on.

JV will excell in the right seat.

RaceChic
10-05-03, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Railbird
Of course, who is Frank Williams to be offering an opinion of an F1 driver?

dead on.

JV will excell in the right seat.

I really do hope so. As a Canadian it has been really difficult to see his wasted years at BAR. :(

Jonezzy_33
10-06-03, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Ankf00
jonzey's got it square on the head,

protractors and t-squares are for fogies, Solidworks is the best ;)

I have never believed that JVil sucks, but he picked his team, he picked his checkbook, and he re-signed with them after he was fully aware of his situation. Furthermore, he hasn't blown away his teammates, other than zonta, in the fashion that someone of his caliber and paygrade SHOULD. On the contrary, like jt said earlier, he's been "mailing it in."

Corey Dillan, one of the best RB's for years, still comes to play every week; all despite of the fact he plays for a team that hasn't had a winning season in TEN years. I'll respect that, I don't have to, and will not, heap praise on someone who doesn't come to play and win every week. Someone like that doesn't deserve to be hired for any job.

On the bright side, he can go buy a few carribean islands and shag like a minks 52 weeks a year now. ;)

Very good comparison. Glad I got it spot on and I agree completely.

IIRC, Corey was all about leaving and going to a winner, but instead he decided to stay with Cincy. At least he still comes to play and earns his contract. He's a guy I'd like to have on my team, even though at times he's had his moments. ;)

Dr. Corkski
10-06-03, 01:16 AM
A lot of drivers would excell in the right seat, the difference is that none of those other drivers were idiotic enough to say that they would retire if they couldn't beat a British boyband member.

JT265
10-06-03, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Zhivago
A lot of drivers would excell in the right seat, the difference is that none of those other drivers were idiotic enough to say that they would retire if they couldn't beat a British boyband member.

Point taken. But, to keep the contrarian level high, were both cars prepared identically? Did Jacque$$$$ get the same development bits? One would be inclined to say no, considering that JV's POS stopped more than Timberlakes POS. Does Dave Richards hate Pollock? Does Wee Jensen still celebrate family holidays with the Richards family?

I'll side with Sir Frank, until he ends up driving for Domino's Pizza at least.

Dirty Sanchez
10-06-03, 09:38 AM
Retired by Jenson Timberlake. What a way to go out. :D

It should be noted that Button lost on out on as many or more potential points as JV due to reliability. He would have had 6, possibly 8 points at the USGP.

Ankf00
10-06-03, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by JT265
Point taken. But, to keep the contrarian level high, were both cars prepared identically? Did Jacque$$$$ get the same development bits? One would be inclined to say no, considering that JV's POS stopped more than Timberlakes POS. Does Dave Richards hate Pollock? Does Wee Jensen still celebrate family holidays with the Richards family?

I'll side with Sir Frank, until he ends up driving for Domino's Pizza at least.

and the only teammate that JVil handily whooped was treated worse than Baylor's bear mascots!!

JT265
10-06-03, 11:06 PM
and the only teammate that JVil handily whooped was treated worse than Baylor's bear mascots!!

No arguement there. There is a part of me that would like to see him land somewhere else and drive the wheels off of something, purely for sentimental reasons.

That being said, I ain't gonna lose any sleep wondering how much of the megaloot the ski instructor has squandered.

pchall
10-06-03, 11:24 PM
I really do hope so. As a Canadian it has been really difficult to see his wasted years at BAR. :(

None of my bar years were wasted. Just me. ;)

Ankf00
10-07-03, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by JT265
No arguement there. There is a part of me that would like to see him land somewhere else and drive the wheels off of something, purely for sentimental reasons.

That being said, I ain't gonna lose any sleep wondering how much of the megaloot the ski instructor has squandered.

hey, if he gets a ride and proves what he's worth, great
until then however, I'll just be of the mind he was potential wasted

Corner5
10-07-03, 01:32 PM
Even Bernie can't find him a ride. He should take a vacation and freelance a ride in other series.

devilmaster
10-07-03, 01:52 PM
I'll just be of the mind he was potential wasted

Hey, at least you were honest and didn't say 'of the SOUND mind'.... ;) :D

Steve

Ankf00
10-07-03, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by devilmaster
Hey, at least you were honest and didn't say 'of the SOUND mind'.... ;) :D

Steve

is that where you hear voices in your mind? :confused:

:p

devilmaster
10-07-03, 02:02 PM
is that where you hear voices in your mind? :confused:

:p

If the voices say 'Ank is a goof'..... that isn't in my mind. Its what most of the members here say to me :p :D

Steve