PDA

View Full Version : haas resigns

KobySon
10-03-03, 04:58 PM
haas resigns (http://www.cart.com/News/Article.asp?ID=7168)

devilmaster
10-03-03, 05:06 PM
well, you don't need a board of directors if its being bought out.

Steve

Corner5
10-03-03, 09:58 PM
Is Haas going irl-ing or not? does anybody know?

Railbird
10-03-03, 10:05 PM
No big deal, just doing business.

I figure Haas is definately at Indy next year and any other deal a sponsor will pay for. Toyota may play a big part in that decision.

Newmann/Haas will be in OWRS next year imo.

nrc
10-04-03, 12:23 PM
That leaves:

James F. Hardymon
James Henderson
Christopher R. Pook
Ralph Sanchez
Fred Tucker

Hopefully someone will stick around to hand over the keys.

KobySon
10-06-03, 11:26 AM
Good quotes:

Mr. Haas stated, “My resignation should not be construed as a current lack of support for CART.” Mr. Newman stated, “I am committed to CART, that’s the end of the discussion.”

JoeBob
10-06-03, 12:43 PM
Last Friday in Miami, I overheard a conversation between Haas and a business person, who I gathered to be part of the team. They were planning to meet with a driver (I don't know who) to discuss a contract. The business person said the driver's first question was, "Does he want to talk to me about the IRL?" and that he told the driver they hadn't made any decisions yet, and would do what was best for the team, blah blah blah.

All I know about the identity of the driver was that he had brought his boat down to Miami for the weekend, and thats where they thought he was on Friday night.

The only other thing of interest that I heard was Haas being assured that, "Lilly has told me that they won't screw us. They said they'd take care of us."

Chaos
10-06-03, 02:18 PM
how fitting that Haas uses the word 'screw' given Lilly's entrance into the erectile dysfunction market

Turn7
10-06-03, 02:40 PM
I think there is a key word in this quote.

Mr. Haas stated, “My resignation should not be construed as a current lack of support for CART.”

That would be the word, "current". Under the current situation, CART is still a public company run by a board of directors and a CEO. In the near future however, the ownership is slated to change and then Mr. Haas will not have the same level of power he currently is able to throw around. At that time in the future when OWRS takes ownership is when I feel that Haas will suddenly change to not supporting CART.

It's all in the cards.

JoeBob
10-06-03, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Chaos
how fitting that Haas uses the word 'screw' given Lilly's entrance into the erectile dysfunction market

It wasn't Haas who used the word, it was the guy he was talking to.

Oh, and if this shows up on another site, remember where you really heard it first.

Don Quixote
10-06-03, 04:52 PM
Whatever is going on behind the scenes, it can't happen fast enough for me.

Wheel-Nut
10-06-03, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Turn7
I think there is a key word in this quote.

Mr. Haas stated, “My resignation should not be construed as a current lack of support for CART.”

That would be the word, "current". Under the current situation, CART is still a public company run by a board of directors and a CEO. In the near future however, the ownership is slated to change and then Mr. Haas will not have the same level of power he currently is able to throw around. At that time in the future when OWRS takes ownership is when I feel that Haas will suddenly change to not supporting CART.

It's all in the cards.

I don't think Haas will treat OWRS as the red headed step child. What other series is going to buy a Lola chassis?