PDA

View Full Version : You Dixon Fans Have Some Slpainin' To Do.

racer2c
10-03-03, 03:52 PM
"From a driver's point of view,'' he said, "the racing is far superior to anything that I have been in before.''

Link (http://espn.go.com/rpm/irl/2003/1001/1628318.html)

One might say that the media is propping up this over-rated driver because, hey we all want to see a NZer do well...

I wrote off Kanaan and Andretti for their Kool Aid induced comments, I'll add this one to the list.

:thumdown:

FRANKY
10-03-03, 04:48 PM
"I never really thought I would be in an all-oval series, but things have been going well.''

Nothing to explain. He had the same reaction to all ovals as the majority of fans do. After Miami I could care less if I ever see a street circuit ever again. I never thought I would say that. I guess it's called change.

Jonezzy_33
10-03-03, 04:52 PM
Of course he likes it, he's dominating and its easier for him than CART was.

rabbit
10-03-03, 05:53 PM
It's a great series and the competition is huge. :rolleyes: He must be talking about Sarah Fisher's @$$.

Kiwifan
10-03-03, 06:23 PM
The title to the thread says it all.:(

I might have to email him and get him to give himself a severe beating. Sounds like he's putting the horse*hit before the CART. ;) Sorry to all the IRL fans, I just couldn't resist that. :p

Rusty.

FRANKY
10-03-03, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Jonezzy_33
Of course he likes it, he's dominating and its easier for him than CART was.

Dominating?

Tied for first or second.

cartmanoz
10-03-03, 08:28 PM
Dixon must have been smoking something before giving those comments...:rolleyes:

Railbird
10-03-03, 08:49 PM
Dixon says what he thinks.

It's where he makes his cash and he seems to be good at it.

Deal with it.

if you want some kind of loyalty buy a freakin' dog

Corner5
10-03-03, 10:12 PM
word.......... Kool-aid!!!!!!:D

RaceChic
10-04-03, 02:08 AM
When drivers are quoted in the media, I sometimes take it with a grain of salt. Is it what they really think? Or is it the appropriate response as an employee that is in the media spotlight. In Scott Dixon's case, I'm not really sure. :)

nz_climber
10-04-03, 02:14 AM
Im a dixon fan, and will continue to be when he returns to some form of racing that requires him to turn right, but for now I don't take much notice (don't watch races and only find out how he is doing from threads here and the news) and while he is in the earl and under cheps thumb I don't take much notice of wat he says about how he loves the earl (he says what he gets paid to say)

I just sit and wait for him to return to real racing

Kiwifan
10-04-03, 03:34 AM
Exactly 'climber, exactly. ;)

Rusty.

Dr. Corkski
10-04-03, 03:52 AM
When you are Cheap's indentured servant you probably have no option other than the Kool-Aid if you don't want an empty stomach.

cart7
10-07-03, 09:06 AM
It's usually best to tow the company line if you want to stay employed. Others who haven't, usually learn to make friends in the unemployment line. (ie: Tracy, R. Gordon) ;)

rabbit
10-07-03, 09:59 AM
My dog hates Tony George.