PDA

View Full Version : MXC

Warlock!
10-03-03, 08:38 AM
Most eXtreme elimination Challenge...

Am I the last person in the states to have seen this? I just stumbled upon it on Spike TV a week or so ago, and saw 4 episodes last night.

If anyone else lives under rocks like I do, this is a Japanese reality show based on seriously stupid obstacle courses. It's not dubbed to English word for word, but given a ridiculously juvenile English over-dub, Americanizing the show for a target audience such as myself :saywhat: . Most folks will find the show quite childish with it's bathroom humor, but guys with a lower-than-normal set of standards may actually pee themselves laughing at the show's idiocy. (Right you are, Ken.)

It's a perfect way to get some beers down the hatch while ignoring your wife on a Thursday eve (I think it's re-aired on Sat and Sun nights as well).

Check it out if you're even a little intrigued...

Warlock!

Turn7
10-03-03, 08:41 AM
My 12 year old enjoys watching it with me. The commentary is the best.

chop456
10-03-03, 08:58 AM
You obviously missed the thread I posted in 1998. ;)

That show kills me. Funniest stuff on TV, by far.

RichK
10-03-03, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Warlock!

Am I the last person in the states to have seen this?

Second to last. I'll be checking it out, sounds like my kinda humor!

chop456
10-03-03, 01:25 PM
A lot of the humor is subtle, too. I like the fake American-sounding names and job descriptions, also.

"Kenny, our next contestant is Debbie Sullivan from Kyosho. She's a part time tongue depressor salesperson".

Warlock!
10-03-03, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by chop456
A lot of the humor is subtle, too. I like the fake American-sounding names and job descriptions, also.

"Kenny, our next contestant is Debbie Sullivan from Kyosho. She's a part time tongue depressor salesperson".
One last night was somethin' like, "...Keifer Smotherland, who is a proctolgist for the morbidly obese." Kenny quipped, "Ya know you gotta have strong forearms for a job like that!"

And their field reporter, "Guy Le Douche". We're talkin' serious stupidity... LMAO!

Warlock!