PDA

View Full Version : First bikes; now Trucks.

Turn7
10-03-03, 08:12 AM
There is a rumor flying on TF that IMS is entertaining having a NCTS race on the oval.

It is becoming more apparent that the purse strings are in fact drawing tighter and the needed income to run the IRL is going to have to come from profit from events at the speedway.

Chief
10-03-03, 08:56 AM
Why doesn't TG just run CART at the track? They used to run the speedway, they hold the "legacy", they have fans. Just doesn't make sense does it?

Racewriter
10-03-03, 09:50 AM
I'm sending in my entry today for the first Dirt Late Model race on the yardobricks. I figure it won't be long, and I want to make sure I can get in.

DaveL
10-03-03, 11:08 AM
I can just hear Tom Carnegie say, "And heeeee's on it" as Vern Slagh takes the green flag to begin the first qualifying run ever for the ARCA Brickyard 200.

Napoleon
10-03-03, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Chief
Just doesn't make sense does it?

That pretty much sums up everything about TG and the IRL.

JLMannin
10-03-03, 12:29 PM
I think that Bill Tempero's AIS (Americam Indycar Series) would be a perfect fit for the speedway. All the wanker teams that were top-flight in 1996 to 1998 could be competitive again, and the lemmings would see their vision restored.

Think of it - a full field of March/Buicks, Lola/Menards, and first generation crapwagons. A good headline race for the Marion County Fair 500 weekend.

sundaydriver
10-03-03, 02:05 PM
Is the Idiotgrandson really burning through that much doe propping up the twIRL league????

:shakehead

Racewriter
10-03-03, 03:30 PM
"Deer Toney:

Please except my entrey for the Saggamore 200 Figger 8 race at thuh Speedway. Mah entree fee of two hunndered and fifty bucks is encl...uh, it's in the envelope.

I hope my '72 Olds 88 is legal."

DaveL
10-03-03, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Racewriter
I hope my '72 Olds 88 is legal."

Is it available to everyone else at a fixed cost? :D

Corner5
10-03-03, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by sundaydriver
Is the Idiotgrandson really burning through that much doe propping up the twIRL league????

:shakehead

Yep, and he needs the cash to keep Bernie there!