PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Fellow Monster Garage fans

rabbit
10-02-03, 02:22 PM
http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=7161

INDIANAPOLIS (October 1, 2003) – Lines of fluid coming from beneath a CART Champ Car is the first sign of a broken part of some sort and usually means that someone’s race has just come to an ignominious end.

Now, thanks to Jesse James and his band of renegade car builders on the Discovery Channel mega-hit series Monster Garage, a line of fluid pouring from one particular Champ Car could signify the beginning of a new career path for what was once a 750hp turbocharged racing machine.

James and his Monster Garage crew have accepted the challenge of turning a Champ Car into a working street-line painter for an upcoming installment of the popular program, which is the second-highest rated show of all cable series among males 18-49. The crew, which will include current Champ Car team owner and potential series owner Paul Gentilozzi, has a limited amount of time and funds to transform the car into a working street painter according to the show’s premise.

“I think its kinda cool to take something that would be a flower pot for the rest of its life and turn it into something loud and fast that works,” said James.

Under the rules of the show the team can spend no more than $3,000 cash for parts and Jesse and his crew have only one week to design, build and roll out the machine. The Champ Car episode, which is broadcast Monday nights from 8-9 p.m. Eastern Time, is slated to air in November. Schweet!

RedLine
10-02-03, 02:26 PM
I will watch this show. (As I do all the others!)

:thumbup:

devilmaster
10-02-03, 03:26 PM
I watch all the shows anyways :thumbup:

This could be fun....

Steve

Wheel-Nut
10-02-03, 03:39 PM
I wonder how good Jesse is working with carbon fiber?

I don't watch this show on a regular basis but did catch one episode where they tore this '68 SS El Camino to peices and made a circle 8 racer out of it. When they brought the original owner by to see "his" car . . . . that was a riot!!!

rabbit
10-02-03, 03:43 PM
You know with Gentilozzi on there the show will be friggin' hilarious!

TKGAngel
10-03-03, 06:06 AM
Anyone wanna bet Tag pops in during this?

This is a fantastic idea...now that CART has its foot in the door with the Discovery Channel, what's next....Trading Spaces?

oddlycalm
10-03-03, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Wheel-Nut
I wonder how good Jesse is working with carbon fiber?

I dunno..., can you grind it up and snort it...?:eek:

RaceChic
10-03-03, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by TKGAngel

This is a fantastic idea...now that CART has its foot in the door with the Discovery Channel, what's next....Trading Spaces?

I'll trade spaces with one of the team owners and they can be a critical care nurse for a day !!! :D

RaceChic
10-03-03, 01:50 PM
Will someone who watches this show regularly volunteer to post the date and time when it is closer to the actual airing for those of us that don't ?? :)

TedN
10-04-03, 02:20 PM
Jesse is coming to town soon. Here (http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1065132612758&call_pageid=968867497088&col=969048871196) is link to story in today's local paper.

Ted

Chaos
10-06-03, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by TKGAngel

With some of the things those designers do on that show, i'd be afraid of this. they'll put slip covers on the driver's seat, and change the steering wheel because 'all those button thingys make it just too busy'