PDA

View Full Version : On the way into work this morning . . .

Napoleon
10-02-03, 11:33 AM
it was snowing.:(

Its freeking October 2 and it was snowing (lightly, but with the predictable first snow car wrecks a result).

Eagle104
10-02-03, 11:41 AM
wow! .. that' just not right.
:eek:

cart7
10-02-03, 11:54 AM
Yuck, it must suck to live where it could snow in October. :(

Sean O'Gorman
10-02-03, 12:20 PM
Hey Nap, we even got snow on the West Side. I was expecting my commute downtown to be hell, but I ended up being 25 minutes early...I got the best spot in the parking garage. Everyone else must've crashed on the way to work.

While I hate the snow and the cold weather, a part of me kinda hopes it starts coming down when I'm autocrossing on Sunday. :D

DjDrOmusic
10-02-03, 01:45 PM
NOOOO!!!:flame:

Why did I ever move back to Ohio from Florida??? Oh yeah, sensible people and no twice an hour NASCAR reports on the radio.

rabbit
10-02-03, 02:25 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo-
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo-
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Crap! :(

chop456
10-02-03, 02:28 PM
Warlock's probably out snowmobiling right now, you babies. :D

rabbit
10-02-03, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by chop456
Warlock's probably out snowmobiling right now, you babies. :D True dat. :laugh:

nz_climber
10-02-03, 04:12 PM
YAY :D :D

While you guys have snow it means its meant to be sunny here :)

:p

Happy summer to me and rusty

Now if only some1 would tell the weather man its meant to be summer here!

Lizzerd
10-02-03, 05:06 PM
nz, shut up. Just shut up, okay?

Kiwifan
10-02-03, 06:38 PM
Don't be too hard on the boy Lizzerd, since he's moved North he's become soft. :) :) All they get in Auckland is RAIN, all we are getting this Spring is gale force winds and snow. :(

Aaron, if you had left your snowboard I'd be using it to go to work! I'm actually getting sick of it. Jace is hoping for more on Monday as it's back to school for him. :)

Take care all,

Rusty.

PS, if it even looks like it's going to snow on the 21st I'm outta here and staying the night in Christchurch. ;)

Warlock!
10-02-03, 06:49 PM
Not quite, but it did give me the urge to go out to the pole barn after work today and fire 'em up... ya know... just to make sure I'm ready :D

It sure beats the poop outta standing around in 104 degree temps in an outdoor wedding in a black tux... :saywhat:

Warlock!

Lizzerd
10-02-03, 07:07 PM
It's all with a :) my down under friends...

Kiwifan
10-02-03, 08:33 PM
You're one of the best Lizzerd.........:thumbup:

Rusty.

Railbird
10-02-03, 08:46 PM
winter sucks.

nissan gtp
10-02-03, 08:51 PM
hehe. winter and snow. bring it on :D

time for more fun in the wrx ! :thumbup:

JT265
10-02-03, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Railbird
winter sucks.

Gotta side with 'Bird here.

And I know that Warlock will kick my butt for this, but if winter and some goofy French-Canadian invention is so damn good, how come you can't race cars in the snow???

(ice racers excepted of course) ;)

pchall
10-02-03, 09:10 PM

With enough tequila in us we could all snowmobile in early October on the sloppy wet black muck of NW Ohio...

Cam
10-02-03, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by JT265
Gotta side with 'Bird here.

And I know that Warlock will kick my butt for this, but if winter and some goofy French-Canadian invention is so damn good, how come you can't race cars in the snow???

(ice racers excepted of course) ;)

Yep! Yep! I side with 'bird too.... Preach it! :(

RaceGrrl
10-02-03, 09:33 PM
I love winter. It's sweater weather.

anait
10-02-03, 10:32 PM
Racing cars in the snow?? Um, I'm sure I've seen WRC in the snow...and it doesn't look like they've given the roads a once over with gravel. Those guys are fishtailing on the white stuff like we do in the Civic in January, coming around the last corner before home!! :thumbup: :p And we've seen TV coverage of rally in Quebec, looks the same.

Oh, and my husband is with RaceGrrl on the sweater thing...why just yesterday he commented how much he liked the fall sweater I was wearing. ;)

nz_climber
10-02-03, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Kiwifan
Don't be too hard on the boy Lizzerd, since he's moved North he's become soft. :) :) All they get in Auckland is RAIN, all we are getting this Spring is gale force winds and snow. :(

Aaron, if you had left your snowboard I'd be using it to go to work! I'm actually getting sick of it. Jace is hoping for more on Monday as it's back to school for him. :)

Take care all,

Rusty.

PS, if it even looks like it's going to snow on the 21st I'm outta here and staying the night in Christchurch. ;)

Yeah it sucks here - it rains at least once a day, would be good to get back to the cold/snow of the south

ps/ Rusty you can have my snow board, its in chch soon, pick it up from your way back from surfers ;)

Robstar
10-02-03, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Lizzerd
It's all with a :) my down under friends...

I hear ya...bring on Summer !!!

:cool: :cool: :thumbup:

Kiwifan
10-03-03, 12:16 AM
I hear ya...bring on Summer !!!

It's always Summer in Australia, ya can't fool me. ;)

You going to be able to make it to Surfers this year?

Rusty.

Robstar
10-03-03, 12:52 AM
You going to be able to make it to Surfers this year?

Rusty.

I'll be in Row A in the Unser stand (hairpin) if you need me...:)
And yourgoodself ?

Kiwifan
10-03-03, 01:18 AM
Maybe we should move this to "Gatherings" in case Wickerbill decides to Black Flag us. :) :) Just joking WB! ;)

I'll be in the Andretti Stand at the ANA corner with my son, again, (Row A.) but we will be wandering around the track looking at all the er, ......cars? that will be on "display." :)

I'll keep in contact with you closer to the time, in the Other Forum, off course. :)To get this back on topic I will predict there will be no snow in Surfers in October. ;)

Rusty.

Robstar
10-03-03, 01:39 AM
To get this back on topic I will predict there will be no snow in Surfers in October. ;)

Rusty.

As long it doesn't rain like last year...
(it did break the drought in SE QLD though)

:cool:

Cam
10-03-03, 09:40 AM
Well.... Now this stoopid weather has gone and done it! I'm home from work with a damn cold today! Good thing the germies can't be transmitted across the Net.

Jeez I feel like crap! :(

Napoleon
10-03-03, 12:29 PM
Well the snow tied the earliest snow we have ever had here.

http://www.cleveland.com/ohio/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/news/1065173680264250.xml

oddlycalm
10-03-03, 01:37 PM
Fleets of Cadaverlacs should be headed South towards Florida by the weekend.

oc

Kiwifan
10-03-03, 02:31 PM
We had a light dusting again last night in the township. (Height ABL 702m)The mountains are absolutley covered and it's halfway through Spring!

Rusty.

Jonezzy_33
10-05-03, 10:57 AM
HOCKEY SEASON COMING!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :D :thumbup:

indyfan31
10-06-03, 10:26 AM
Did someone say snow??? Hmmm, now where did I leave those K2s last year?

flobee1kenobi
10-06-03, 03:10 PM
how come you can't race cars in the snow???
I think TG has that on the IMS scedule for 04':D