PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch the Super cars last night?

cart7
10-02-03, 08:14 AM
1st showing of this season. Interesting street circuit. If Cart could design them like this one no one would complain. Wide, lot's of passing zones and even a couple turns with small run-off area's. :thumbup:

RichK
10-02-03, 11:16 AM
It was awesome. Turn 8 at that track is one ballsy turn!

nz_climber
10-02-03, 04:27 PM
Are you talking about the same super cars im thinking of ??

Aussie V8 super cars??

RichK
10-02-03, 05:05 PM
Yes.

By the way, I have a question: Last year I saw a lap or two of the V8 Supercars on a really cool circuit.

It was very hilly, narrow, and dangerous looking. This circuit almost looked like it was made by using a Playstation 2 track as a model.

Anyone know which track this was?

nz_climber
10-02-03, 05:10 PM
Hilly = Bathurst???

Sean O'Gorman
10-02-03, 05:30 PM
Has to be Bathurst. :thumbup:

Kiwifan
10-02-03, 06:51 PM
It's Bathurst, simply awesome track. You know that when they aren't racing it's a public road? Knowing how fanatical you guys are I reckon you did know but should you ever get the chance to drive the track, beware. The LAW enforces the speed limit with vengeance. No hurtling down Conrod straight in your Budget rental there boys, you know what the Aussies do to miscreant Americans. :) (hint, The Simpsons!) :) :)

Three years ago they has a Nascar demo at Surfers and although the car was quick and loud it looked a bit doggy compared to the Aussie V8s. They have so muck tweak it's scary.

Jace and I have been lucky enough to be sitting in the stand beside the V8 pits and although this year you will need a pit pass to get in, other years they have been open to anyone to wander through. The Teams are really friendly and it's good to see the (friendly) rivalry between Ford and Holden.

Can't ya tell I'm excited?? :)

Rusty.

Cam
10-02-03, 09:21 PM
Ahhhhh..... The Golden years of Bathurst..... The XU1's against the GTHO...... And then Chrysler threw the Charger in the mix.... :thumbup: Classic!