PDA

View Full Version : Could this be a preview of the coming season?

rabbit
01-21-03, 01:50 PM
Schuey crashes on first lap of 2003

Reigning world champion Michael Schumacher has crashed on his first Formula 1 lap of the year at Barcelona this morning (Tuesday).

Schumacher lost control of his Ferrari on his installation lap at 9.01 this morning and spun backwards into a tyre barrier at the Circuit de Catalunya. He was unhurt but the rear of the car, including the wing, was damaged.

We can only hope.:)

Classic Apex
01-21-03, 02:50 PM
God I hope so.

GrandView
01-21-03, 02:57 PM
It's a pity to think that Max is gutting Formula One to appease a couple of wankers like you.

GV

rabbit
01-21-03, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by GrandView
It's a pity to think that Max is gutting Formula One to appease a couple of wankers like you.

GV

Nice post. :shakehead Frankly, I don't give a rats arse if someone dominates F1. I get up every Sunday morning, make some eggs, bacon, toast and a cup of coffee and watch the race anyway. Parity doesn't mean jack squat to me, and frankly I'm p-oed that the sport is being raped and pillaged. Max isn't doing it to appease me. I dislike the Schueys and enjoy seeing them fail because they're overrated arrogant pr!cks.

TrueBrit
01-21-03, 03:25 PM
Hehehehehehehehehehehehe!!! That's pretty funny!! On his installation lap no less!!! :rofl:

Oh well, that's it for the season, the Pointy-chinned devil has had his one 'oops' and now it's all downhill from here....:rofl:

GrandView
01-21-03, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by rabbit
Nice post. :shakehead

Yeah. Sorry it doesn't reflect the quality of the two lead-in posts.

Frankly, I don't give a rats arse if someone dominates F1.

All evidence to the contrary.

I dislike the Schueys and enjoy seeing them fail because they're overrated arrogant pr!cks.

Overrated? Rating implies comparison of achievement. All of Formula One is arrogant.

Your mindset would be a bit less transparent if you wished for some other arrogant prick to beat Schumacher....rather than wishing for a Schumacher accident.

GV

rabbit
01-21-03, 03:40 PM
Here are some scenarios I could live with...

Barrichello wins 12 races and clinches the championship at midseason. Both Schueys spin off on first lap of every race.

Montoya wins 12 races and clinches the championship at midseason. Both Schueys spin off on first lap of every race.

Villeneuve wins 12 races and clinches the championship at midseason. Both Schueys spin off on first lap of every race.

Couthard wins 12 races and clinches the championship at midseason. Both Schueys spin off on first lap of every race.

{Insert any driver not named Schuemacher here} wins 12 races and clinches the championship at midseason. Both Schueys spin off on first lap of every race.

:)

GrandView
01-21-03, 03:45 PM

Heh Heh....

I worry about your will to live when reality steps in.

GV

mnkywrch
01-21-03, 03:47 PM
Your mindset would be a bit less transparent if you wished for some other arrogant prick to beat Schumacher....rather than wishing for a Schumacher accident.

How's he supposed to do that?

Eddie Irvine doesn't have a seat yet.

;) :D

TrueBrit
01-21-03, 03:57 PM
I would never wish physical harm on ANYONE. EVER. But sometimes Assmacher comes close!!!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I think it's funny as hell that he stuffed it on his first lap, but if recent history is anything to go by it will simply be a minor mis-step as the season rolls on...

That's not to say that anyone of Rabbit's scenario's wouldn't fit the bill nicely but unless by some unbelievable miracle Sir Frank can keep Chin JR from trying to jump JPM's car, or by miracle of miracle this REALLY is DC's year..I think we're in for a long hard slog...

TB

mnkywrch
01-21-03, 04:03 PM
The problem with Chin Jr. is that his brother intimidates him.

Witness Brazil last season.

Montoya would have at least TRIED to pass Schumacher.

Ralf made no such attempt.

I would suspect Patrick Head & Frank Williams regret signing RS to that big contract.

GrandView
01-21-03, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by TrueBrit
That's not to say that anyone of Rabbit's scenario's wouldn't fit the bill nicely but unless by some unbelievable miracle Sir Frank can keep Chin JR from trying to jump JPM's car, or by miracle of miracle this REALLY is DC's year..I think we're in for a long hard slog...

Williams and McLaren are both capable of narrowing the gap to Ferrari in 2003. However, their success is going to be predicated on an environment that allows them each to develop a car that approaches the quickness and reliability of Ferrari. Ron Dennis' posture leads me to believe the rules changes are negating some of McLaren's planned "catch-up" effort. Perhaps not so much in the loss of things that have already been developed, but a loss in development time that will be spent in reacting to new rules changes rather than refining the new car.

Frank Williams previously stated (pre-January 15th FIA/Max announcements) that the Formula One rules made it difficult to overcome the Ferrari advantage quickly. I'm not sure if he was referencing the situation as it was, or if he had a crystal ball to Max's cost control/competition efforts.

I think it's likely that the Ferrari dedication to a single driver that has been the basis for their success in this Schumacher era might be their undoing. I believe that most particularly because I think Williams and McLaren have better driver ensembles than Ferrari. And I recognize that's a completely unfair assessment of Rubens and the circumstances of the last two years.

However, Ralf, JPM, and Coulthard can beat the field.....with Michael in it. They have. Kimi came very close. Rubens will never have to......let alone be allowed to. Regardless of who is positioned where.....Ferrari teammates won't be racing each other. And that's a premise that can't be legislated against.

I credit Michael for his achievements in this unique environment. However, he also gets the credit for shaping that environment. Prost did the same thing with other teams.....perhaps a bit more subtly and underhanded. Senna was certainly capable of it.....and headed that way with Frank Williams.

I'm not so sure this assessment flies in the face of conventional wisdom. Given where we are now, if someone other than Michael were to win the championship in 2003, I'd bet not many votes would be cast for Rubens.

Mine would be for Coulthard or Ralf.

GV

rabbit
01-21-03, 05:31 PM
Mine would be for Coulthard or Ralf.

GV

Ralf? He's not even the No. 1 driver at Williams. He has never shown anything close to the ability to outpace Montoya. I suppose anything can happen, but he is not championship material.

GrandView
01-21-03, 07:06 PM
Ralf? He's not even the No. 1 driver at Williams. He has never shown anything close to the ability to outpace Montoya. I suppose anything can happen, but he is not championship material.

Currently Ralf is the race winner at Williams.

A fact that both Frank and Patrick have gone beyond the hinting stage to impress upon JPM.

GV

Classic Apex
01-21-03, 08:11 PM

GV

Who peed in your Cheerios, oh holy one? It is a shame your panties are in such a bunch that you have to refer to calling posters wankers.

:shakehead

GrandView
01-21-03, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Brian Ericson
Who peed in your Cheerios, oh holy one? It is a shame your panties are in such a bunch that you have to refer to calling posters wankers.

When your irrational disdain of a driver prompts you to post publicly that you wish he would crash, you inherit the moniker you richly deserve.

It wasn't an emotional response. It was pragmatic.

You didn't pee in my Cheerios, nor are my panties in a bunch.

Obviously you can't say the same.

GV

Joe in LA
01-21-03, 08:35 PM

Barrichello wins 12 races and clinches the championship at midseason. Both Schueys spin off on first lap of every race.

Montoya wins 12 races and clinches the championship at midseason. Both Schueys spin off on first lap of every race.

Villeneuve wins 12 races and clinches the championship at midseason. Both Schueys spin off on first lap of every race.

Couthard wins 12 races and clinches the championship at midseason. Both Schueys spin off on first lap of every race.

{Insert any driver not named Schuemacher here} wins 12 races and clinches the championship at midseason. Both Schueys spin off on first lap of every race.

:)

While those scenario's would have a certain humor element to them, what I really, really want to see is Montoya, Villeneuve (assuming divine intervention at BAR), Raikkonen, or Coulthard take the title from Schumacher by threee points by beating MS 1-2, head to head in the last race of the season. That would be a season that would hold everyone's attention to the end regardless of whether MS or one of the others is your favorite.

BTW, is Ralf anyone's favorite driver? Seems that all the Schumacher fans are Michael fans first, and everyone else dislike's Ralf on his own or due to association.

mnkywrch
01-21-03, 11:38 PM
Currently Ralf is the race winner at Williams.

A fact that both Frank and Patrick have gone beyond the hinting stage to impress upon JPM.

True, but every driver lineup I've seen for 2003 has Montoya listed in car #3, while Ralf's in #4.

That seems to be a statement inofitself.

It will be easier for Frank & Patrick to team Montoya to cool it... than it will be for Ralf to get some guts.

rabbit
01-22-03, 01:03 AM
If Ralf is the No. 1 driver, why hasn't he been testing? Back problem my @$$. He's throwing a hissy fit because Zorro is getting the car the way he wants it.

rabbit
01-22-03, 01:09 AM
Schuey crashes on first lap of 2003

Reigning world champion Michael Schumacher has crashed on his first Formula 1 lap of the year at Barcelona this morning (Tuesday).

Schumacher lost control of his Ferrari on his installation lap at 9.01 this morning and spun backwards into a tyre barrier at the Circuit de Catalunya. He was unhurt but the rear of the car, including the wing, was damaged.

We can only hope.:)

I'm quoting my own post for the record. You'll notice the operative word in the quotation is UNHURT. I have been followingthis sport for 22 years and would never, NEVER wish harm on someone. Get over yourself.

GrandView
01-22-03, 02:01 AM
I'm quoting my own post for the record.

You were on record the first time around.

Wanker X 2.

GV

WickerBill
01-22-03, 06:54 AM
I certainly hope nobody really wants to see injury. I don't think anyone does.

Back to the topic, men. Don't resort to name-calling, please.

Cam
01-22-03, 08:58 AM
If I recall correctly he did a pretty good job of stuffing last years car into the wall early in January testing. That was the last time he did all season.

I do like rabbits scenario tho. :D However I doubt it will happen.

The major reason beind the chins success last year was reliability, Can anyone else recall when a car has finished every race in a season?

Cam.

Warlock!
01-22-03, 03:42 PM
I cheered when daMatta stuffed it in the sand at M-O, and I'd cheer if Schuey did the same thing. So, I'll wank with ya rabbit... ahem... so to speak.

:o

Winter Warlock!

Hink
01-22-03, 04:25 PM
Schumacher is not my favorite driver, but these days the fast drivers do crash cars becuase they can generally get away with it. Didn't he write a few off in practive last year too?

Cam
01-22-03, 04:42 PM
[i] Didn't he write a few off in practive last year too? [/B]

He sure as hell did.....One of them was pretty much a complete write-off in preseason testing.

tomahawk
01-23-03, 12:02 AM
The Chin's been known to lose it in practice before. The car may not to adjusted to the assymetry of his face yet.

:tomahawk

Classic Apex
01-24-03, 11:02 PM
When your irrational disdain of a driver prompts you to post publicly that you wish he would crash, you inherit the moniker you richly deserve.

It wasn't an emotional response. It was pragmatic.

You didn't pee in my Cheerios, nor are my panties in a bunch.

Obviously you can't say the same.

GV

Wow. Pssssst, hey buddy, check the label, it is time to refill your prescription.

I wish injury upon nobody. Schumacher spinning on his firt lap is helarious!!!! The allmighty 'God' of F1 F's up on his VERY FIRST LAP. That, my over sensitive 'fellow' poster is great for a chuckle no matter who the driver is. If that said person was injured, then that is a completely different story. If you are so incredibly irrational to assume for other people that they wish personal injury upon another person, then you are...

Yet you call people a wanker, or, a Wanker x 2.

The boards are not fit to call you out on your attitude.

Cam
01-25-03, 01:23 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Brian Ericson
Wow. Pssssst, hey buddy, check the label, it is time to refill your prescription.

I wish injury upon nobody. Schumacher spinning on his firt lap is helarious!!!! The allmighty 'God' of F1 F's up on his VERY FIRST LAP. That, my over sensitive 'fellow' poster is great for a chuckle no matter who the driver is. If that said person was injured, then that is a completely different story. If you are so incredibly irrational to assume for other people that they wish personal injury upon another person, then you are...

Yet you call people a wanker, or, a Wanker x 2.

The boards are not fit to call you out on your attitude. [/QUOTE

Best. Post.... Ever!!!!