PDA

View Full Version : Nelson Phillipe

rabbit
10-01-03, 05:24 PM
http://www.champcarworldseries.com/Content/Photos/2003/By400/20030930P_0008.jpg

He tested for FDR at Sebring. Has anyone heard his times or how it went? That's one heck of a jump from BDPS to a Champ Car. :eek:

mapguy
10-01-03, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by rabbit
http://www.champcarworldseries.com/Content/Photos/2003/By400/20030930P_0008.jpg

He tested for FDR at Sebring. Has anyone heard his times or how it went? That's one heck of a jump from BDPS to a Champ Car. :eek:

Looks more like Nancy Phillipe....

Turn7
10-01-03, 05:29 PM
I bet he owns a cat.

As Bif would say, "Nancyboy, nancyboy, nancyboy."

lone_groover
10-01-03, 05:54 PM
Talk about an unmade bed! SOMEBODY needs to call Leon Hall, PRONTO!

......and one of those newfangled water bras wouldn't hurt, either!

:cry:

EDwardo
10-01-03, 05:59 PM
This post really should have been "caption this"!

Is he in the running with Danica for a possible seat ?

RichK
10-01-03, 06:05 PM
I can't believe it's not buttah.

rabbit
10-01-03, 06:22 PM
http://www.teamfdr.com/p_view_content.asp?c_id=79

French Young Gun Impresses Emerson Fittipaldi
Sebring, FL (Monday, September 30, 2003)

The 17-year-old Barber Dodge driver, Nelson PHILIPPE, earned high praise from former Formula One world champion Emerson Fittipaldi after the young Frenchman completed his maiden test for the Fittipaldi Dingman Racing Champ Car team in Florida today. “I am very proud to invite the youngest driver ever to drive a Champ Car”, quoted the Brazilian Champion.

The test which was conducted on the short course circuit at the famous Sebring track, was stopped by the track marshals due to heavy showers.

Despite this being Philippe’s maiden outing in a Champ Car, he impressed the legendary Brazilian.

Emerson Fittipaldi said :

“I have been following Nelson’s career in the last few years through karting and more recently the Barber Dodge Pro Series. His talent and the progression I have seen, convinced us to invite him to an official Champ Car testing session in Sebring. It is a great day for Nelson, his performance was impressive and his results surpassed our expectations.

Nelson, despite his young age (he turned 17 in July), consistently improved his lap times and his ability to respond to the instructions of his engineers and mechanics provided further proof of his talent, not only as a driver but as a professional.

His ability to adapt his driving style to the conditions and get the best from the car despite the small window he had to operate in showed a maturity beyond his years. His overall performance confirmed my initial observations of him.

Nelson has earned a place on our short list for next year and we will definitely consider him as a possible driver for the 2004 season”. :eek:

Nelson, who is a member of the French national team, began his racing career in karting in Argentina at the age of 12. He then, moved to Italy where he raced in karting and was appointed as Tony Kart Racing Junior class official driver in 2001. Today, he lives in the United States where he progressed from the American Go kart series to the Barber Dodge Pro Series in 2003.

For more information please contact : Press Office

RHR_Fan
10-01-03, 06:50 PM
If only he had shorter hair........:D

~Nicole

JT265
10-01-03, 07:14 PM
Is this BiF#'s new squirrel hunting bud? :saywhat:

Railbird
10-01-03, 07:38 PM
Judging a driver by their appearance is rather cracker-esque imo.

Anyone remember what PT and JV looked like as teenagers?

pchall
10-01-03, 08:26 PM
Maybe Paul Gentilozzi told Emmo that Motorock needs to have the Hansen demographic covered?

nrc
10-01-03, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Railbird
Judging a driver by their appearance is rather cracker-esque imo.

I agree. We're above this sort of thing here at OffCamber. But just looking at Philippe's results, they have been less than Fabiolous.

He has had a few promising performances, but even at that he was probably only the third or fourth best rookie in the BDPS this year.

Railbird
10-01-03, 09:22 PM
the reality is probably more cash related than talent or looks.

Dr. Corkski
10-01-03, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by RichK
I can't believe it's not buttah. :rofl:

Emmo must have been sniffing the O2 Diesel. Between his nonsensical whining about rules that he doesn't even know and actually thinking that Tiago Monteiro would bring in more money than he would cost in repair bills, he now adds to that by thinking that a 17 year-old Fabio lookalike with one year of Barber Dodge tub trashing behind him will be ready for Champ Cars.

cart7
10-01-03, 09:49 PM

Anyone remember what PT and JV looked like as teenagers?

Guys I think. ;)

DjDrOmusic
10-01-03, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Zhivago
:rofl:

Emmo must have been sniffing the O2 Diesel. Between his nonsensical whining about rules that he doesn't even know and actually thinking that Tiago Monteiro would bring in more money than he would cost in repair bills, he now adds to that by thinking that a 17 year-old Fabio lookalike with one year of Barber Dodge tub trashing behind him will be ready for Champ Cars.

What's next? An all Brazilian built Champcar with sponsorship from a sugar company?? ;)

nrc
10-01-03, 10:41 PM
the reality is probably more cash related than talent or looks.

Shock and alarm!