PDA

View Full Version : Renna's Career Gets the Kiss of Death

pchall
10-01-03, 02:52 PM
He is now signed with Ganassi for the IRL next season, replacing Scheckter.

link to Indy Scar (http://www.indystar.com/print/articles/0/079531-6350-102.html)

mapguy
10-01-03, 03:05 PM
What's the odds he'll still have that ride after Indy? Renna never really impressed in Lights.

Racewriter
10-01-03, 03:27 PM
One Lights win in 1998, one British F3 B-class win in 1996.

Yeah, this guy's a blue-chipper.

RaceGrrl
10-01-03, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by mapguy
What's the odds he'll still have that ride after Indy? Renna never really impressed in Lights.

What're the odds he'll get out with his spine intact?

mapguy
10-01-03, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Racewriter
One Lights win in 1998, one British F3 B-class win in 1996.

Yeah, this guy's a blue-chipper.

I had no idea he competed in British F3. That is what I like about this place, learn something new everyday. But a B-Class win in British F3 is like beating Dr Jack when he was winning the B class in Indy Lights years ago.

mapguy
10-01-03, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by RaceGrrl

I'll leave this one up to the philosiphers... :D

Dr. Corkski
10-01-03, 05:15 PM
Maybe Dixon is off to a real racing series? I can't imagine Renna would want to get schooled by Dixon once again.

Hot Rod Otis
10-01-03, 05:19 PM
I figure Renna keeps his ride @ TCGR about as long as Nicholas Minassian did.

Treeface
10-01-03, 05:27 PM
I was going to say Chip spotted him with a "will drive for food" sign but Chip wouldn't give up his grub. :thumdown:

RTKar
10-01-03, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by RaceGrrl

Some may say he's spineless already.

nz_climber
10-01-03, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Zhivago
Maybe Dixon is off to a real racing series?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can some one get dixon out of that crapwagon

DaveL
10-01-03, 10:53 PM
Dixon is the reason why Renna never made it to CART. Renna was the PacWest Lights driver and Dixon came on as a teammate. The plan was for Renna to go to CART. Well, Dixon mopped the floor with the competition and it was, "Tony who?" pretty soon.

cartmanoz
10-02-03, 02:30 AM
Where to now for Scheckter? There's no doubting the kid has talent, but, like usual, it's wasted in the IRL...

JoeBob
10-02-03, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by DaveL
Dixon is the reason why Renna never made it to CART. Renna was the PacWest Lights driver and Dixon came on as a teammate. The plan was for Renna to go to CART. Well, Dixon mopped the floor with the competition and it was, "Tony who?" pretty soon.

I remember the hubub about Renna prior to Dixon Schooling him. They even had a big press conference announcing that Renna would be the CART team test driver, and would be in CART the following season. That seat ended up going to Dixon.

This just confirms that Mo Nunn was the guy who spotted the young talent, not Cheep. First Cheep hires Casey Mears, and now Renna. He must have a thing for Indy Lights drivers who were whooped by their teammates.

Corner5
10-02-03, 11:41 AM
Thought I heard Scheckter may be going to Panther.

Corner5
10-02-03, 01:31 PM
its official- Scheckter and Mark Taylor(infiniti-pro) to Panther.

Who's fitting the bill for all crashes cars?

lone_groover
10-02-03, 02:22 PM
Looks like a wholesale anti-beaner backlash.

Tonholio figures his mistake was bringing in the Brazillyunz; keeping the open-wheel fanz away. So now he's gonna load-up with gringoz and angloez. Can't have an African Jew in da league, either!

Of couse, the only ones that will notice will be the little prix at TF.

F'em HARD! :flame:

cart7
10-02-03, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by JoeBob
I remember the hubub about Renna prior to Dixon Schooling him. They even had a big press conference announcing that Renna would be the CART team test driver, and would be in CART the following season. That seat ended up going to Dixon.

This just confirms that Mo Nunn was the guy who spotted the young talent, not Cheep. First Cheep hires Casey Mears, and now Renna. He must have a thing for Indy Lights drivers who were whooped by their teammates.

Mo looked for talent, Chip for neediness.

nz_climber
10-02-03, 04:20 PM
So no panther ride sarah DNFisher :shakehead

But I thought they were resorting to spaming panther...

Wonder what those emails said

Dear Panather

My name is Sarah fisher and I would like to crash that crap wagon of yours into the wall

sundaydriver
10-02-03, 04:31 PM
Chip wouldn't know talent if it ran over him with a crapwagon. :laugh:

RaceChic
10-02-03, 05:34 PM
So does this confirm that Scott Dixon is staying in those no good for nothing Crapwagons ??!! :flame: :shakehead

Climber
10-03-03, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by sundaydriver
Chip wouldn't know talent if it ran over him with a crapwagon. :laugh:

Uh, Montoya.

Me thinks he's lost the touch, though.

Jonezzy_33
10-03-03, 02:10 AM
Sad thing about Scheckter, IIRC, he had F1 dreams at one point in time as well. So much for those...