PDA

View Full Version : USGP Camp David guest list

Lizzerd
10-01-03, 01:22 AM
Ok, the results have been tabulated for the USGP weekend at Camp David International.

Here's what you missed (or were part of).

261 race fans signed our guest register, broken down as follows:

From USA...

Indiana - 22
Ohio - 19
Pennsylvania - 17
Illinois - 16
Michigan - 10
California - 8
Iowa - 7
Colorado - 6
Wisconsin - 6
New Jersey - 6
Georgia - 5
North Carolina - 5
Tennessee - 5
Connecticut - 4
Maryland - 4
Ninnesota - 4
Florida - 3
Kentucky - 3
Massachusetts - 3
Oklahoma - 2
Texas - 2
New York - 2
Missouri - 2
Arizone - 2
Oregon - 1
New Hampshire - 1
West Virginia - 1
Kansas - 1
New Mexico - 1
Alaska - 1 (I don't think it was Wilke)

International...

Canada - 36
Germany - 13
South Africa - 7
Columbia - 7
Ireland - 5 (I think there were some others that didn't or couldn't sign)
Italy - 2
England - 2
Lithuania - 2
Bahamas - 2
Mexico - 1
Switzerland - 1
Venezuela - 1
Romania - 1
Argentina - 1
Finland - 1
Bulgaria - 1
Iraq - 1 (That's what it says... no kidding)

Unknown orgin - 4

The international crowd was a bit down from past years. We've had many more Irish in the campsite in years past and Gelf and Christina didn't make it from The Netherlands this year, either.

There were no Brazilians, which surprised me. In 2000 and 2001 there was a guy who came to the party all painted up in green and yellow. Without the makeup, he would have been Pupo's twin brother.

This is the first year that the guy from Norway wasn't there too. I don't remember his name and couldn't pronounce it if I could, but he was fun. Swapped me a pack of his cigs for a couple beers. I would have just given him the beers, but he insisted. They were awful smokes.

A few Japanese guys came by last year. Couldn't speak but a couple words of English. They just stood around the campfire and smiled a lot.

All in all, it was a lotta fun. John's music wasn't as obnoxious as it has been in the past, but the roaring fire was much more appreciated than in warmer years.

chop456
10-01-03, 01:47 AM
Had fun.

Add at least 3 more for Wisconsin. I forgot to sign, as did 1 other. Those Irish guys next to us were cool.

Thanks again, Lizz.

RTKar
10-01-03, 08:26 AM
Had a great time, Thanks Lizz, Mayor & Mrs Mayor. The fire felt great. It was good seeing everyone. Gotta love the F1 crowd, so international and vibrant. Just wished it lasted longer..Definitely next year, wouldn't miss it for anything.