PDA

View Full Version : The Truth

Railbird
09-30-03, 12:51 PM
Will be broadcast from 5:00 to 6:30 central time this week due to the Cubs playoff game.

lateralus42
09-30-03, 07:33 PM
Doh! Looks like I just missed it. Anyone get to listen in?

fourrunner
09-30-03, 07:59 PM
I listened

Robin said only 25,000 at Miami - Half full house for Elton John, and only 3,000 for Kid Rock, can anyone confirm this ??? - They feel Miami sucks and should be dropped!

Lot's of F1 talk - Schumacher is amazing - Gets away with anything he wants on the track and is never "called" for it - But people getting sick of him and Ferrari dominance (except for Ferrari Fans of course) - Robin said only 75,000 at F1 race, and 120,000 announced attendance was a crock!

Lots of German/Gestapo jokes and skits about Schumacher, and CART at Lauzitz!

They think the F1 announcers suck, and that Hobbs is half in the bag. Only Paul Page is worse for gaffs and stupid comments.

They cut off a caller who tried to get the word "Crapwagons" into the mix!

They like Gentillozzi, and feel that only the "stockholder" vote is a problem "maybe"

Pook done after this year!

"My Vote for new CEO - Vannini!! (solves a few problems) ;);)

They had IRL stuff to, but they suck and I don't care, so check TF for that crap!

Lots more, I'll fill in as I think of them!

One thing I don't like about the show is they talk over each other, and change subjects in the middle of clarifying another, and then forget what they said, then they go to a 10 minute break!

Railbird
09-30-03, 08:15 PM
They read a email from Hermann Goering and I for one thought it was hilarious.

I love that show

sorry fourrunner, I think they're at their best when they are just rambling on aimlessly.

fourrunner
09-30-03, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Railbird
They read a email from Hermann Goering and I for one thought it was hilarious.

I love that show

sorry fourrunner, I think they're at their best when they are just rambling on aimlessly.

Actually I was just yammering on. They cut off Robin just as he was going in a direction, and then they talked over him, and Robin never got back to it! Otherwise I think the extemporaneous part of the show is what makes it great!

I laughed at the Herman Goering stuff to! Whats fun is that they get away with it.

And I've always thought that Hobbs has a "flask" under the desk during the race. But that's part of his charm too!

Railbird
09-30-03, 08:47 PM
hey runner

the only reason I mentioned the Goering email is because I wrote it. I know it was lame but what the hell?

a lot of times I think they talk over Robin just to keep him from stepping too far over whatever line Rakestraw has drawn.

it's still the best racing show on any airway imo.

Cam
09-30-03, 09:17 PM
I caught about the first hour and was rolling laughing in the car on the way around 465 from work. Nothing is sacred with that crew.... Jay Baker is now better than he has ever been! :D

fourrunner
09-30-03, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Railbird
hey runner

the only reason I mentioned the Goering email is because I wrote it. I know it was lame but what the hell?

a lot of times I think they talk over Robin just to keep him from stepping too far over whatever line Rakestraw has drawn.

it's still the best racing show on any airway imo.

I thought it was pretty funny - The Portrayal may have been better delivered by Peter Sellers, but hey , you have to start somewhere!!:thumbup: :thumbup:

And yes - The show is great!

nrc
09-30-03, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by fourrunner
I listened

Robin said only 25,000 at Miami - Half full house for Elton John, and only 3,000 for Kid Rock, can anyone confirm this ??? - They feel Miami sucks and should be dropped!

Terrible track, terrible crowd, but the Miami race provides enough silicon to keep the CART.com "lifestyle" gallery lubed for the entire off season. :)

http://www.cart.com/Content/Photos/2003/By400/20030925P_0002.jpg

Unfortunately I think CART is probably contractually obligated to this stinker for a while. Maybe between now and when the contract runs out they can figure out how to put together a decent course.