PDA

View Full Version : Great Job Mario!!

Moto-Guzzi
09-29-03, 09:49 AM
Great race mario! Mario and Pupo both ran hard and clean, alot better than many other more acomplished racers did! Team Herdez got what they deseved, congratulations!:)

rabbit
09-29-03, 12:15 PM
Mario has been knocking on the door all year long. You knew he was going to win one eventually. I'm glad he finally got a legitimate win so he wouldn't have Australia still hanging over him. :thumbup:

molive
09-29-03, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by rabbit
Mario has been knocking on the door all year long. You knew he was going to win one eventually. I'm glad he finally got a legitimate win so he wouldn't have Australia still hanging over him. :thumbup:

How legitimate was it, with all the frontrunners gunned down at some point, leaving the door wide open? Salo 3rd? gimme a break. This was a freaky result. Not as freaky as Aussie 2002, but freaky nevertheless.

RaceGrrl
09-29-03, 01:56 PM
It was a legitimate win. Just because the normal front runners made boneheaded moves and took themselves and others out of the race doesn't make Mario's win illegitimate. If Sperafico, Boss, and Lavin were taking out other drivers and left a small field running, but PT won, you'd not claim that his win wasn't legit. FWIW, I'm happy that Herdez had a 1-2 finish.

While we're at it, why don't we just claim that Dominguez got the call and that it was all a conspiracy to keep Herdez happy and in CART? :p

Hey, even Boss got a point, didn't he? You won't win a championship that way, for sure, but you also won't win a championship by driving stupid.

lone_groover
09-29-03, 01:58 PM
T'riffic driving, racecraft, teamwork and luck.

:thumbup:BRAVO Mario and Pupo! :thumbup:

RacinM3
09-29-03, 02:10 PM
How legitimate was it, with all the frontrunners gunned down at some point, leaving the door wide open? Salo 3rd? gimme a break. This was a freaky result. Not as freaky as Aussie 2002, but freaky nevertheless.

100%, Grade A Legitimate. That's how legitimate it was.

To finish first, first you must finish, is how the old saying goes.

Dr. Corkski
09-29-03, 02:17 PM
The only thing that would have stopped Dominguez was if CART didn't give Jourdain that stoopid penalty, because Jourdain would have probably stayed in front since Dominguez wasn't in his usual punting mode.

You can't blame him for the frontrunners' mistakes anyway. Just kind of strange that his first "win" happened when there wasn't a race and his second happened when there wasn't a race track.

Corner5
09-29-03, 02:39 PM
Congrats to Mario and Moreno!!!!!! and to the Herdez Team!!!! they did a good job. I like the green salsa!!!:thumbup:

Tall1
09-29-03, 07:48 PM
I've gotta feel that the Herdez result is a shot in the arm to the series in that it shows even the little guy can win! Even the usual front runners can have dumbass attacks.

JLMannin
09-30-03, 12:36 PM
The Dominguez-Moreno-Salo podium at Miami is just as legitimate as the Goodyear-Luyendyk-Dobson podium at MIS in 1994. After all the bearing meltdowns, blown engines, and crashes at MIS that year, there were seven cars running at the finish. When Boesel blew up, it took two laps for Goodyear to take the lead. Did that diminish his win in any way? In my opinion, no. The 1994 Michigan 500 was one of the best races I have ever seen in person.

RaceChic
10-01-03, 10:31 AM
Whether or not some see it as a "legitimate" win or not, I am happy for both of them. I hope it gives THE Herdez Competition Team the morale boost they surely need. I also have always had a soft spot for Roberto Moreno. How can you not love a guy that wears his heart on his sleeve. :D