PDA

View Full Version : My local affiliate isn't going to show the race at all!

EDwardo
09-27-03, 12:41 PM
I just checked the listings for KCTV in Kansas City and they are NOT going to show the race at all. We get infomercials, Chiefs pregame, and then the Chiefs game, but no race at all, even on tape delay. BASTARDS!

Here is the e-mail I sent them:

"As a racing fan, I wish to express my extreme dissapointment that KCTV has chosen to air infomercials and Chiefs pregame fluff instead of showing the CART event from Miami. This is yet another example of your stations failure to serve your viewers. All you would have needed to do would have been dispense with 1/2 hour of pregame coverage and you could have shown the entire race live, leaving another 1/2 hour for pregame. You people are a joke."

:flame: :thumdown: :flame:

oddlycalm
09-27-03, 05:28 PM
That's what happens when we are placed at the mercy of the network affiliates that are increasingly booking non-stop infomercials and recycled idiocy in between ball and stick games. Racing is over on the major networks.

oc

Chaos
09-27-03, 05:55 PM
i dont understand. If CART buys network time, what's the point if the local affiliate can show anything it wants? Aren't there some stipulations in place about stuff like this?

Chief
09-27-03, 06:19 PM
Probably not with a time buy.

Dr. Corkski
09-27-03, 06:26 PM
Then again, there probably won't be much of a race anyway.

jons
09-28-03, 10:02 AM
I don't care if its going to be a parade, I want to be able to see it, and determine its worth myself. To be preempted by a Ronco cheese cutter;) , is maddening. The airwaves are already full of this kind of junk.